Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Puters

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

The proof that I need is that it doesn't work on my computer. Prove me wrong.
    You don't know that it doesn't. You haven't tried it. That's why you're being ignorant. Every shred of evidence I have seen points to you being incorrect. I've done my fair share of googling for you.

I <3 my MacBook Pro. Soooo sexy, useable and wonderful. It's seriously a joy to use as the trackpad provides the best user experience I've encountered yet on a notebook.

The fact that I keep having to have files resent to my computer isn't proof for me? Guess what? I say that I have a problem with Mac computers on my work computer because I've tried to receive them and I have a problem with Mac files on my computer. That's called proof. Prove to me that those files I'm getting that have to be resent don't have to be resent. Never mind. I don't even care.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    The fact that I keep having to have files resent to my computer isn't proof for me? Guess what? I say that I have a problem with Mac computers on my work computer because I've tried to receive them and I have a problem with Mac files on my computer. That's called proof. Prove to me that those files I'm getting that have to be resent don't have to be resent. Never mind. I don't even care.
    Wait, so you have to have files resent to you on a Windows machine? Perhaps that problem isn't exclusive to a Mac, then Selfpwn.

What files extensions from what application leads to trouble?

So someone else uses a Mac and it's causing you an inconvience on your Windows machine? Wouldn't the obvious solution have been to get a Mac, then ? Ahhh, logic!

It isn't a problem at all. I don't have a Mac.

Yes. I'll get a Mac when 1999 of the 2000 other users in the system use PCs. That sounds like a solution. Sounds to me like the better solution is for the Mac user to switch, no?

The problem files are usually .jpg, .eps, .pdf, .indd or .zip and I'm not the only one who has trouble receiving them.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    It isn't a problem at all. I don't have a Mac.

Yes. I'll get a Mac when 1999 of the 2000 other users in the system use PCs. That sounds like a solution. Sounds to me like the better solution is for the Mac user to switch, no?

The problem files are usually .jpg, .eps, .pdf, .indd or .zip and I'm not the only one who has trouble receiving them.
    LOL! Jpg... No chance there is possibly an incompatbility.

.eps (I'm assuming this is illustrator).... no chance there is a possible incompatibility

.pdf.... no chance there is a possible incompatibility

.indd (indesign?)... no chance there is a possible incompatibility

.zip I've seen some goofy behavior on windows with files zipped up using the default Mac zip utility. There is a freeware download that creates windows zip files, and this alleviates these problems.

Ziggy, based on the above, the only problem will be with zip. Based on the file type, there is absolutely 0% chance, regardless of what BS you are preaching or your IT people are preaching. I'd believe the .zip, but the remedy is simple.

Hey, guess what??? The files don't open. Zipped or not. But I don't have a problem from my home computer, because, guess what? I don't have a mac. The files open. All of them. Every time. How is it you don't get this?

? HOFer
    Hey, guess what??? The files don't open. Zipped or not. But I don't have a problem from my home computer, because, guess what? I don't have a mac. The files open. All of them. Every time. How is it you don't get this?
    Yet you're insisting some situation exists that you've never tried.... Silly. Look at the file formats, what they consist of, what apps open them, etc. No way.

I'm not spending mac money on an experiment. I have tried. PC to PC files work. Mac files usually work on my work computer. End of story. And end of discussion.

I'm too lazy to find the thread where he doomed me, but go fuck yourself Zool. I blew a HDD yesterday.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

? HOFer
    I really think that is quite stupid for a slew of reasons.

1. How many quality Windows laptop can you do anymore customizations than an Apple laptop?

2. As for Desktops, you can update a Mac desktop just as easily as a PC. I do agree that it sucks the big one that they don't have a mid level headless Mac. It really is ridiculous, but I can understand why they do it from a business perspective. I just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I really think that is quite stupid for a slew of reasons.

1. How many quality Windows laptop can you do anymore customizations than an Apple laptop?

2. As for Desktops, you can update a Mac desktop just as easily as a PC. I do agree that it sucks the big one that they don't have a mid level headless Mac. It really is ridiculous, but I can understand why they do it from a business perspective. I just don't like it.

Can you update a graphics card on a Mac now? A CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I'm too lazy to find the thread where he doomed me, but go fuck yourself Zool. I blew a HDD yesterday.

Spooky - I did too. Maybe it was a sympathy failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Do you back your stuff up? I don't.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

Do you back your stuff up? I don't.

Yeah. I got a little Windows Home Server. It does it every night. Best Microsoft product I've ever bought. I'll be back up and running in 20 minutes as soon as I find a hard drive to slap in there.

Too lazy to back stuff up too huh Skin?

Welcome to Costco I love you
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.