Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Uppity Black Angry at PoPo for Doing Their Job

Obama is so undisciplined and imprecise with his speech. He has already offended several foreign allies, emboldened adversaries and offered so many half-truths on his policy proposals that it makes almost anything he says suspect.

Rohm needs to tell him to steer clear of the Gates affair because it endangers his grandiose plans on health care and cap-and-trade. Implicitly or explicitly if he verbally paints Americans as generally "racists" his legislative goose is cooked.

Watch this interview with the officer

http://wbztv.com/video/?id=79265@wbz.dayport.com

I have to say I was rather surprised to hear him talk about the situation. Very unprofessional in my opinion.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    ...Very unprofessional in my opinion.
    Maybe, but bloody-well understandable under the circumstances.

I find Obama's comments (the fact that he made them) demonstrative of questionable judgement for the President of the most powerful nation on the planet.

Obama is so undisciplined and imprecise with his speech. He has already offended several foreign allies, emboldened adversaries and offered so many half-truths on his policy proposals that it makes almost anything he says suspect.
    Yes......so unlike the articulate Mr. Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    So, the best comparison you've got is to Bush?

Isn't it possible that the standard should be set higher.... than both of them?

Isn't it also possible that even the inarticulate President Bush would have NOT weighed in on this at all?

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland

I can imagine what you lot would have had to say if Bush had involved himself in a local police matter that he didn't know anything about on behalf of a friend and called the actions of the law enforcement who dared arrest his prominent friend "stupid."

DEFINE: Articulate
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I have to say I was rather surprised to hear him talk about the situation. Very unprofessional in my opinion.
    What was really unprofessional was the cop's first words when the interviewer brought up Obama: "I didn't vote for him." First of all, his political leanings should have nothing to do with anything in this matter. But the fact that he felt the need to bring it up suggests that maybe they do.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    What was really unprofessional was the cop's first words when the interviewer brought up Obama: "I didn't vote for him." First of all, his political leanings should have nothing to do with anything in this matter. But the fact that he felt the need to bring it up suggests that maybe they do.
    I rarely click a link Kiwon has provided and had no desire to hear what the cop had to say. I just think Obama needed to keep his comments to himself in that situation.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The cop isn't President. The President admitted to being biased and not knowing the facts. Given this as his foundation, it was foolhardy to say the Officer acted stupidly.

The President called out the Cop at a national press conference, with admittedly insufficient information and bias. I think that pretty much opens the door for the cop to speak his mind - especially if an interviewer asks the question. Yes, it would have been very professional - and would have ben taking the high road - to simply stick to the case, but it's very human to strike back when someone smacks you hard upside the head. At least the Cop knows the facts of the case.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

What's unprofessional about saying you didn't vote for a guy who just insulted you and and the thankless job you do on national television after being falsely accused of being a racist by one of his prominent friends? That is some weak shit right there hoosier. Almost as weak as suggesting that the police officer's political leanings are why he arrested the president's buddy. Everyone's a fucking victim of the vast right wing conspiracy...

You also ignore how the cop went on to say he supports our president 110% but I suppose that doesn't fit your smear job you and others are busy conducting.

"Let me be clear, he was not calling the officer stupid," Gibbs told reporters as Obama landed in Cleveland for two health care events Thursday. He said Obama felt that "at a certain point the situation got far out of hand" at Gates' home last week.
    This sounds a lot like when Obama insulted retarded people, but then insisted he was only making fun of himself (by comparing himself to a retarded person). Now the cop isn't stupid, just the actions the officer took were stupid. I wonder if Obama has read the reports of the incident yet. I doubt it since he seems not to have reached section 102 of the health care reform bill that he's pushing so hard on all of us. Must be busy with more pressing matters - like prime time infomercials selling his reform bill he hasn't read.

An apology from our esteemed leader could set the tone between the other parties involved and cap the tensions where they're at. Instead we get more rhetoric and excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You also ignore how the cop went on to say he supports our president 110% but I suppose that doesn't fit your smear job you and others are busy conducting.
    My smear job? The only smear job I've been associated with this week is the peanut butter sandwiches I make for my 6-year old's camp lunches. Nice try tho.

My smear job? The only smear job I've been associated with this week is the peanut butter sandwiches I make for my 6-year old's camp lunches. Nice try tho.
    Do you accuse an officer of being unprofessional and politically motivated in his job while making the sandwiches, or do you keep your smearing separate?

Do you accuse an officer of being unprofessional and politically motivated in his job while making the sandwiches, or do you keep your smearing separate?
    hoosier, I'll give you a free intervention. Don't worry about paying me. It's part of my service to humanity.

Skin thinks that you are being biased. I agree. Somewhere, Tyrone Bigguns agrees. Heck, even your 6-year old agrees. All God's children agree that you're biased. But, of course, you don't see yourself as biased.

For example, you said in the Sotomayor thread, "I think all reasonable people would agree that that history, in which white men have a death grip on power and authority, is something we are in the process of moving beyond as a country."

So, in your mind, “all reasonable people” should accept the facts that “white men” tend toward injustice. I think that statements like these are objectively biased statements against whites. Statements like this also sound like it could have come out of the pages of a Dr. Gates book. Isn't this really why you refuse to be objective? Gates and his description of the incident represent/promotes your own personal world view; noted Black scholar - good, Caucasian police officer - bad.

Obama admits he doesn't know the facts, but in true Obama (and liberal) fashion, he doesn't need to know all the facts to come a conclusion; distinguished and smart African-American scholar Gates is right and the white officer is stupid and wrong.

The template is already prepared, the dye is already cast for you, Dr. Gates, and Obama. Isn't it just ideological bias that leads you to so easily side with Dr. Gates' version of events and completely disregard the explanation and position of the Caucasian officer?

President Obama said Thursday he was surprised by all the hubbub over his comments that a white police officer had acted "stupidly" in arresting a prominent black scholar for disorderly conduct. The president didn't take back his words, but he allowed that he understood the sergeant who made the arrest is an "outstanding police officer."

"I have to say I am surprised by the controversy surrounding my statement," Obama said in an interview with ABC News, "because I think it was a pretty straightforward comment that you probably don't need to handcuff a guy, a middle-aged man who uses a cane, who's in his own home."
    The sad part is that by this point, I actually believe he is surprised.

And the black politicians keep inflaming the situation:

But Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, once the top civil rights official in the Clinton administration and now, like Obama, the first black to hold his job, labeled the arrest "every black man's nightmare."

The governor told reporters: "You ought to be able to raise your voice in your own house without risk of arrest."
    The "racist" officer in question has spent 5 of the last 6 years volunteering his time, at the request of his black superior officer, teaching new recruits how to avoid racial profiling. Looks like Henry and his political pals chose the wrong non-event to try to blow up into national race victimhood festival. It's really unfortunate our President decided to stick his face into this pathetic attempt at racial division by a self important, intellectually dishonest man with an agenda and friends in high places.

Sorry if this has already been posted. If it has, I didn't catch it.
    You can read the actual incident reports from the two officers here:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...092gates1.html

An apology from our esteemed leader could set the tone between the other parties involved and cap the tensions where they're at. Instead we get more rhetoric and excuses.
    White House spokesman Roberts Gibbs said Friday that Obama regrets that the media have gotten all worked up over the controversy and been distracted from other more substantive issues such as health care.
    He regrets that the media has been distracted from pushing his agenda? How very noble of our esteemed ruler to stir the race pot, then run away. This fucking guy just does not get it. At first I thought he was just arrogant, but I'm really starting to believe he's just kind of stupid. And arrogant. But I'll be damned if he can't read scrolling words like no one's business!

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2299085/posts

The Cambridge cop prominent Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. claims is a racist gave a dying Reggie Lewis mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in a desperate bid to save the Celtics [team stats] superstar’s life 16 years ago Monday. “I wasn’t working on Reggie Lewis the basketball star. I wasn’t working on a black man. I was working on another human being,” Sgt. James Crowley, in an exclusive interview with the Herald, said of the forward’s fatal heart attack July 27, 1993, at age 27 during an off-season practice at Brandeis University, where Crowley was a campus police officer. It’s a date Crowley still can recite by rote - and he still recalls the pain he suffered when people back then questioned whether he had done enough to save the black athlete. “Some people were saying ‘There’s the guy who killed Reggie Lewis’ afterward. I was broken-hearted. I cried for many nights,” he said. Crowley, 42, said he’s not a racist, despite how some have cast his actions in the Gates case. “Those who know me know I’m not,” he said. Yesterday, Lewis’ widow, Donna Lewis, was floored to learn the embattled father of three on the thin blue line of a national debate on racism in America was the same man so determined to rescue her husband. “That’s incredible,” Lewis, 44, exclaimed. “It’s an unfortunate situation. Hopefully, it can resolve itself. The most important thing is peace.”