Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FUCK THE NRA !!!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html

I cannot find where I read it at work, but I will tomorrow. So what do you say to that Tank? Are you boycotting cars now too?
    Show me the numbers of vehicles-related death that are criminal in nature, not accidental. If they are more than homcide by gun deaths, then, as a liberal, I will boycott cars.
    Impossible to do. It is impossible to predict someone's intent. How many of those situations where people are shot are accidental, fueled by passion, consumed in the moment, or just downright unintentional. Unless you do stats for both, then its not a fair comparison.

I have just proven that automobiles are responsible for more americans dead per year than guns. There is no other way around that. Cars are more dangerous than guns. The statistics do not lie.

As a liberal, are you going to choose the saver route and carry a gun, or choose the route that puts more people, including innocent children in danger by driving a car?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    how about fat people? they are unhealthy thus causing strain on our medical community driving up prices. Outlaw fat people?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    J/k. Unless you purposely drink and drive drunk to kill others, its more reckless driving than criminal.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Junior Rat Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDmoney

does drunk driving count as criminal?
    Yes. Ban alcohol.
    Now how the hell am I supposed to have any fun without playing with my handgun totally plastered on johnnie walker red? Tank, if you ever become president I will be oh so bored but definately entertained.

Impossible to do. It is impossible to predict someone's intent. How many of those situations where people are shot are accidental, fueled by passion, consumed in the moment, or just downright unintentional. Unless you do stats for both, then its not a fair comparison.
    Your are ignorant. Every time I show you some reverent facts, you refuse to read it. Another word for homicide is murder. All murderers have a motive behind their evil deeds.

FACTS:
    In 2003 (the most recent year for which data is available), there were 30,136 gun deaths in the U.S:
    16,907 suicides (56% of all U.S gun deaths),
    11,920 homicides (40% of all U.S gun deaths),
    730 unintentional shootings (2% of all U.S gun deaths),
    347 from legal intervention and 232 from undetermined intent (2% of all U.S gun deaths combined).
    -Numbers obtained from CDC National Center for Health Statistics mortality report online, 2006

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    everytime I put you in a box you call me a name.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I have just proven that automobiles are responsible for more americans dead per year than guns. There is no other way around that. Cars are more dangerous than guns. The statistics do not lie.
    Your source is weak. It only show that vehicles related death has a .6% advantage. It doesn't take into consideration the numbers of cars in the US, compared to the numbers of people with guns. I will let you do the research. You will find that there are more cars per household than guns. Your numbers are misleading.

Junior Rat Rookie

Your source is weak. It only show that vehicles related death has a .6% advantage. It doesn't take into consideration the numbers of cars in the US, compared to the numbers of people with guns. I will let you do the research. You will find that there are more cars per household than guns. Your numbers are misleading.
    Those numbers of yours are also misleading Tank. The 17000 or so deaths by guns would happen regardless of the presence of guns. They would have chosen bridges to jump off of, drugs or something. And the 12000 or so deaths by homocide are a little misleading because who knows how many of those guns were obtained illegally. Banning guns may make it harder to get guns, but most of these deaths would have happened anyway.

This is the same "type" of argument as Capital Punishment... YEAY or NAY.

Generally both sides are very passionate about their belief and the other guy is always wrong. This argument is another example of the media backed and based minority getting all the attention. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

What was that fuck-wad's name that did the movie about Wal-mart or K-Mart selling guns to kids? Same dick head did the Farenheit movie.. What did he accomplish with all the B.S.? Not a thing in reality other than get the liberals all stoked up along with the media..

Did it stop all or ANY of the gangsta shootings? No
    Did it stop all or ANY of the gang violence / shootings? No
    Did it stop all or ANY of the drive-by shootings? No
    Did it stop all or ANY of the accidental shooting in the woods? No

I've been a gun owner for over 30 years, shotguns, rifles, and yes a few pistols. If you're taught correctly, there is almost 0% chance of killing another person with one of these guns. There will be the occasional accident when a hunter mistakenly shoots at a "sound in the trees" but he is really not a true hunter.

Someone posted.. Guns don't kill people (sic) people kill people!
    Making guns illegal will not stop "guns" from killing people as the people / criminals that want to have a gun, will find a way to get a gun.
    There is no doubt when a child is killed by a drive by bullet, it is truely tragic, and the NRA's beliefs have absolutely nothing to do with support of that kind of gun activity (criminal activity). That has nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment and more to do with one of the Ten Commandments, something about not killing a fellow man

Maybe Tank, you should be as passionate about the anti drug laws, and how they are abused and flawed.. the huge amount of money Americans throw at their lawmakers to "support" legislations and how many loopholes can these fucks get through! What about how many Americans are killed by drugs every year as opposed to guns? And BTW, drugs is usually tied to guns..
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Ask youself this, who pays cops their salaries? None other than the John Q Taxpayer.
    Thank you Professor Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Ask youself this, who pays cops their salaries? None other than the John Q Taxpayer.
    Thank you Professor Obvious.
    That provides lots of support for his post
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Show me the numbers of vehicles-related death that are criminal in nature, not accidental.

Do you think it makes any difference to the people pushing up daisies? Dead is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Show me the numbers of vehicles-related death that are criminal in nature, not accidental.

Do you think it makes any difference to the people pushing up daisies? Dead is dead.
    Maybe if John Lennon had been packing, Mark Chapman might have been the one killed.

Should we outlaw not carrying a gun?

? HOFer

Your are ignorant. Every time I show you some reverent facts, you refuse to read it. Another word for homicide is murder. All murderers have a motive behind their evil deeds.

FACTS:
    In 2003 (the most recent year for which data is available), there were 30,136 gun deaths in the U.S:
    16,907 suicides (56% of all U.S gun deaths),
    11,920 homicides (40% of all U.S gun deaths),
    730 unintentional shootings (2% of all U.S gun deaths),
    347 from legal intervention and 232 from undetermined intent (2% of all U.S gun deaths combined).
    -Numbers obtained from CDC National Center for Health Statistics mortality report online, 2006
    That's not ture. Not all murderers have intent to kill someone. Charles Manson was just a crazy fuck. A lot of murderers are commited in the heat of the moment, many accidental.

I don't care if they're accidentally or not, though. The fact is plain as day that cars are more dangerous to people then guns. I don't see how you can ignore that. If cars killed more people than guns did, how can you say they're not more dangerous.

Answer this tank:

Did more deaths involve guns or cars?

It is a clear and obvious statistic that cars were involved in more deaths than guns. Therefore, cars are more dangerous. That is indisuputable.

? HOFer

Doesn't matter if there are more cars. A greater percentage of people are killed by cars then guns. Simple as that.

Your source is weak.
    LOL! That's like Elton John calling you a queer.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

? HOFer
    from Just The Facts Gun Control

* Washington D.C. enacted a virtual ban on handguns in 1976. Between 1976 and 1991, Washington D.C.'s homicide rate rose 200%, while the U.S. rate rose 12%. (1)
    This means that when the criminals knew your average joe did not have a gun on them to protect themselves, more people were robbed and murdered. This is goes to show you the 2nd amendment keeps crime and murder under control.

* Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. At the time the law was passed, critics predicted increases in violence. The founder of the National Organization of Women, Betty Friedan stated:

"lethal violence, even in self defense, only engenders more violence." (13)

* When the law went into effect, the Dade County Police began a program to record all arrest and non arrest incidents involving concealed carry licensees. Between September of 1987 and August of 1992, Dade County recorded 4 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. None of these crimes resulted in an injury. The record keeping program was abandoned in 1992 because there were not enough incidents to justify tracking them. (13)(15)

* Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. Between 1987 and 1996, these changes occurred:
    Florida United States
    homicide rate -36% -0.4%
    firearm homicide rate -37% +15%
    handgun homicide rate -41% +24%
    again, statistics show than by allowing people to carry guns, violence, murder and crimes all went down. Where are when people were not allowed to carry them, they continuously went up. Can you explain this?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    16,907 suicides (56% of all U.S gun deaths)

As an extreme liberalist, would you really deny to people the right to choose how to leave this existence? Isn't this intolerant? And, assuming most of these suicides would try to kill themselves by another more brutal and painful method, aren't you advocating torture and suffering?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Just two samples to represent the population? (In your case, Washington DC and Florida). Maybe Greenday, i mean MrArynRand, can stop by and give you little lecture in statistics cos you seems like a freshman who stuck with GDR courses.

? HOFer
    Just two samples to represent the population? (In your case, Washington DC and Florida). Maybe Greenday, i mean MrArynRand, can stop by and give you little lecture in statistics cos you seems like a freshman who stuck with GDR courses.
    As opposed to your zero. I have provided legitmate statistics where as you have provided nothing of relevance. I have linked source after source, and you fail to address the points I ask you to. It is evident I was won this argument and backed you into a corner. Tank, for reference on this issue, I think something needs to be done. I am closer to your view then the one I am arguing. I just like to make sure you realize just how retarded you sound and how incorrect you are.