Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: FUCK THE NRA !!!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    I guess, sociologically and to paraphrase my sociology professor (who, by the way, is white), the underlying motive behind the NRA and gun-loving conservatives fucks' desire for gun rights is to preserve the symbol of white superiority. After all, it was the European gun that conquered America from the Native Americans. Now, you blond bland middle class republicans sits back in the comfort of your suburb home, and watch as blacks and Latinos kills each others in the cities.

Conservatives are evil.

Liberals are good.

I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Go watch Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine."

Why is Tank now bashing the National Rowing Association?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    And are we still living in the Revolutionary Era? Do we still use militias to defend our freedom? Today, the Military, if they wanted to, could drop a nuclear bomb on an ememy and send it to kingdom come. Guns was created with the intent to kill. Gun is the most effective way to murder someone. There is no need for civilians to continue killing each others with guns. I guess to you, allowing some one the freedom to acquire a gun to murder some one else is "vital to being American."

You can not use florida's statistic alone to represent the whole nation. You are ignoring large cities such as NYC, LA, Chicago and DC, where the majority of homicides occurs. I live in Georgetown so homicide is rare, but one can still the hear sirens from the southeast part of the city every day. There is where the majority of crimes occurs. Drive by shootings, school shootings, kidnapping at gunpoint in broad daylight. Take away guns and such neighborhood would automatically become safer. Trust me, thugs do not want to fight a hard working neighborhood without their guns.

And, amongst many less famous school-related incidents, there was Columbine. Kids gets ahold of guns because their parents are free to buy them.

Self-Defense? I ask again, how many of you carry a gun with you while walking down the street? Would the odds of survival be better if an intruder isnt shooting at you from 20 feets away? If an intruder breaks into your house, wouldn't he have the advantage since he knows more about handling guns than you do? (who likely would win, your gradman with a gun in her safe or a thug robbing her with a gun in his hand?)
    Here are some exerpts from the Declaration.

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Article 1; Section 8 of the Constitution:

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

The first 10 Amendments from the Bill of Rights, in original format:
    Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Tank,

You're quick to say we don't need a militia because this is not the 1700s.

As soon as a police force is deemed unsuitable and the national guard is being called up, we can call for martial law.

Just because it doesn't happen frequently doesn't mean we shouldn't have the right to defend the country from either the government or a foreign attack.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OK Tanky, you might not need a gun living in a gated and secured community like a spoiled lil rich girl that you are but if you ever move to an average American city there is gonna be crime. If someone tries to break in your house calling 911 just aint good enough. You need to have the ability to blast them and blast them immediately. By the time the cops get there you will be a victim. With a nice shotgun or pistol you can blast a lowlife today and live to play another day.

Judging by your post and generally stupid comments I am guessing that you dont know shit about guns that arent connected to video games at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33

As soon as a police force is deemed unsuitable and the national guard is being called up, we can call for martial law.

Just because it doesn't happen frequently doesn't mean we shouldn't have the right to defend the country from either the government or a foreign attack.
    And when will police "force be deemed unsuitable and the national guard is being called up?" Remember you are living a democracy of checks and balances. Read the second amendment again. It reads "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Is your tax dollars going to militias or is it going to the state, the fed, and the military? Like I said, it is the governments obligation to protect us and military's obligation to "defend the country from foreign attack." Last I checked, Amercia was a democracy (or republic if you want to call it that way) and it has the worlds most powerful military.

USA is not Stalinist communism or Maoist communism, or Nazi fascism. If anything, giving people the right to bear arm only increase the chance of revolution. And if another revolution does occur and succed you can be sure to kiss the constitution you are so fond off goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    OK Tanky, you might not need a gun living in a gated and secured community like a spoiled lil rich girl that you are but if you ever move to an average American city there is gonna be crime. If someone tries to break in your house calling 911 just aint good enough. You need to have the ability to blast them and blast them immediately. By the time the cops get there you will be a victim. With a nice shotgun or pistol you can blast a lowlife today and live to play another day.

Judging by your post and generally stupid comments I am guessing that you dont know shit about guns that arent connected to video games at the mall.
    Georgetown is part of Washington DC, much like Harlem is part of NYC. DC has one of the highest crime rate in the US. Georgetown isnt gated. You are clueless.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Georgetown is part of Washington DC, much like Harlem is part of NYC. DC has one of the highest crime rate in the US. Georgetown isnt gated. You are clueless.
    Clueless? Foolio you are one to talk. You are going to school there, but what about where you grew up? You may have shutdown Darren Charles on the football field but I bet you didn't shutdown anybody on the streets.

You are right about DC being high on crime. But I doubt you go to those areas where the sheeze goes down. I bet you would want a gun if someone had one pointing at your face.

Besides, you live in a dorm. Biggest danger is likely to 1st year females who accept drinks from strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker

You are right about DC being high on crime. But I doubt you go to those areas where the sheeze goes down. I bet you would want a gun if someone had one pointing at your face.

Besides, you live in a dorm. Biggest danger is likely to 1st year females who accept drinks from strangers.
    See, you are clueless. First, i live in an off campus apt near the university (which is NOT owned by the university), not a dorm. Go to college and you'll find the difference. Secondly, what use would i have with a gun if someone is pointing another gun to my face? I, like most law abridging people, dont carry guns with me when I go out, dont have a gun, and even if i do, it would be locked in a safe somewhere with the safety bottom on. My, like everyones, chance of survival would be better if someone robs you WITHOUT a gun, allowing time for help and police.

You act like you know everything about street. Have you even been in a gang? Have you been shot at? Have you ever shot at anyone?

Strett gangs dont have jobs, except for dealing drugs. The fact the you have a job shows that you are just a "gangsta" wannabe. Hell you dont even live in LA. Or near LA.

Maybe you are part of the gang of Oakland?

Tank, you are young and naive....nothing wrong with that for your age and background. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with your last post though lol

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Tank, you are young and naive....nothing wrong with that for your age and background. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with your last post though lol
    Some children facts for you oo7. As a caring mother, you should be worried. But maybe not. Iowa is nothing but endless corn feilds.

Children and Gun Violence
    In a single year, 3,012 children and teens were killed by gunfire in the United States, according to the latest national data released in 2002. That is one child every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)

America and Gun Violence
    American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)
    School Safety

Between 1994 and 1999, there were 220 school associated violent events resulting in 253 deaths - - 74.5% of these involved firearms. Handguns caused almost 60% of these deaths. (Journal of American Medical Association, December 2001)
    In 1998-99 academic year, 3,523 students were expelled for bringing a firearm to school. This is a decrease from the 5,724 students expelled in 1996-97 for bringing a firearm to school. (U.S. Department of Education, October 2000)
    Nearly 8% of adolescents in urban junior and senior high schools miss at least one day of school each month because they are afraid to attend. (National Mental Health & Education Center for Children & Families, National Association of School Psychologists 1998)
    The National School Boards Association estimates that more than 135,000 guns are brought into U.S. schools each day. (NSBA, 1993)

America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)
    In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund)
    The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention0

Georgetown is like Harlam? Have you been to Harlam? I've been to both. Maybe Staten Island. Maybe. I do read the news. Try hanging out in Anacostia for awhile. You know. Get out of NW. I've heard SE is fun. Good place to go clubbing. Might I also suggest the book Freakonomics. As an econ major, it should fascinate you. Check out the chapter on violence in the US. As a liberal that should fascinate you even more.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Tank, I'm not going to get into this argument about guns. I haven't even read this whole thread. It's terrible so many young people die from a bullet but you really need to look beyond that for the reasons why this is happening.

It's almost kinda funny you taking this stand. Drugs...use/selling/buying...is probably one of the main reasons people are using guns out there. How do you support your use of drugs and then wonder why so many people are getting killed from guns?

That's all I have to say.....except, would I use a gun to shoot someone breaking into my house? Hell yeah!! I've been trained a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Georgetown is like Harlam? Have you been to Harlam? I've been to both. Maybe Staten Island. Maybe. I do read the news. Try hanging out in Anacostia for awhile. You know. Get out of NW. I've heard SE is fun. Good place to go clubbing. Might I also suggest the book Freakonomics. As an econ major, it should fascinate you. Check out the chapter on violence in the US. As a liberal that should fascinate you even more.
    Who said Harlam is like Georgetown? One I've thing I've noticted about you is that you lacks interpretion skills. I said, and I will qoute "Georgetown is part of DC, much like Harlem is part of NYC." Nobody said Georgetown is much like Harlem. You must have a low IQ.

Whats your point? It would fascinate me to read a book? OK.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

It's almost kinda funny you taking this stand. Drugs...use/selling/buying...is probably one of the main reasons people are using guns out there. How do you support your use of drugs and then wonder why so many people are getting killed from guns?
    People smoke weed and do coke peacefully in their homes. Guns is used shoot innocent bystanders and rob homes and murders other people. Big differnce. I will qoute The Streets (checked them out after Partial mentioned them in the music thread)

You know, I don't see why I should be the criminal
    How can something with no recorded fatalities be illegal?
    And how many deaths are there per year from alcohol?
    I just completed Gran Turismo on the hardest setting
    We pose no threat on my setee
    Ooh the pizza's here, will someone let him in please?
    We didn't order chicken
    Not a problem, we'll pick it out
    I doubt they meant to mess us about
    After all we're all adults, not louts
    As I was saying, we're friendly peaceful people
    We're not the ones out there causing trouble
    We just sit in this hazy bubble with our quarters
    Discussing how beautiful Gail Porter is
    MTV, BBC 2, Channel 4 is on until six in the morning
    Then at six in the morning the sun dawns and it's my bedtime

Who said Harlam is like Georgetown? One I've thing I've noticted about you is that you lacks interpretion skills. I said, and I will qoute "Georgetown is part of DC, much like Harlem is part of NYC." Nobody said Georgetown is much like Harlem. You must have a low IQ.

Whats your point? It would fascinate me to read a book? OK.

In saying that Georgetown was part of DC like Harlem is part of NYC was an inference (do you understand that word?) of comparison between the two areas. Books contain cool stuff called information. The book may not fascinate you, but the information might. Try reading one once--you might start to get a clue. Actually, I thought Levitt and Dubner might be required reading for Econ majors, but either you haven't gotten to that level yet or perhaps the folks at Gtown don't encourage thinking outside the box.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

People smoke weed and do coke peacefully in their homes.
    Some do.....more power to them. But just because they are peacefully sitting in their homes doing drugs does not mean that someone down the line.....somewhere.....got shot in the process of delivering those drugs.

Guns is used shoot innocent bystanders
    Most innocent bystanders shot are from gang warfare. What is the main income for gangs? drugs.

murders other people.
    What's the percentage of murders that are crimes of passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33

And when will police "force be deemed unsuitable and the national guard is being called up?" Remember you are living a democracy of checks and balances. Read the second amendment again. It reads "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Is your tax dollars going to militias or is it going to the state, the fed, and the military? Like I said, it is the governments obligation to protect us and military's obligation to "defend the country from foreign attack." Last I checked, Amercia was a democracy (or republic if you want to call it that way) and it has the worlds most powerful military.

USA is not Stalinist communism or Maoist communism, or Nazi fascism. If anything, giving people the right to bear arm only increase the chance of revolution. And if another revolution does occur and succed you can be sure to kiss the constitution you are so fond off goodbye.
    Ummm, yeah.

Go read about militias before you post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_(United_States)

Have you heard of the National Guard?

Did you watch the news after Katrina in New Orleans? From Wiki....

Hurricane Katrina
    Contrary to many media reports at the time, martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, because no such term exists in Louisiana state law. However, a state of emergency was declared, which does give unique powers to the state government similar to those of martial law. On the evening of August 31, 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin nominally declared "martial law" and said that "officers don't have to worry about civil rights and Miranda rights in stopping the looters." Federal troops were a common sight in New Orleans after Katrina. At one point, as many as 15,000 federal troops and National Guardsmen patrolled the city to curb its descent into chaos and looting.

Nearly 10 months after Hurricane Katrina, National Guard troops returned to the city of New Orleans. After six deaths (including those of five teenagers in one shooting incident) over a single weekend in June, Mayor C. Ray Nagin asked Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco at a news conference the following Monday to send a contingent of National Guard troops and state troopers. One day after the request, 100 troops arrived in the city with 200 more troops promised to arrive quickly. Sixty state troopers were deployed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

Books contain cool stuff called information. The book may not fascinate you, but the information might. Try reading one once--you might start to get a clue. Actually, I thought Levitt and Dubner might be required reading for Econ majors, but either you haven't gotten to that level yet or perhaps the folks at Gtown don't encourage thinking outside the box.
    Books are great and no amount of information is too much, however, with all due respect, when dealing with "streets" and related topics, I'd much rather take information and knowledge from those experienced in dealing with the streets and not those just writing about it. As they say....you want the truth, you need to go to the source.