Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: announcement: what does this mean?

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Scott Campbell,

It is very creepy of you to continually repost personal information about me from a 3-year-old post.

I doubt anybody respects you for this behavior.

I'm going to request that the Adminstrator stop your constant pestering.

I don't respond to your posts, I don't you are a decent person, you should just accept it and bug off.
    You posted it, you jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I think Scott is out of line bringing up that post over and over again.
    I think you're out of line telling everyone what is and isn't out of line. And I mean that in all seriousness because I don't want to see you banned.
    you are out of line for playing with your marbles the way you do. I think you should be banned for that, luckily nobody can see you.
    Where does the madness end?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I think you're out of line telling everyone what is and isn't out of line. And I mean that in all seriousness because I don't want to see you banned.
    you are out of line for playing with your marbles the way you do. I think you should be banned for that, luckily nobody can see you.
    Where does the madness end?
    When you stop putting marbles up your ass.

I posted it when I left the forum three years ago, and I'm fine with what I said. Campbell continually reposting the personal information is creepy.

And why are you calling me a jackass? What are the social standards for this club? name-calling and nastiness?

I posted it when I left the forum three years ago, and I'm fine with what I said. Campbell continually reposting the personal information is creepy.

And why are you calling me a jackass? What are the social standards for this club? name-calling and nastiness?
    Stop being a sissy

I don't see why I would be banned. I'm a victim on these boards. I haven't broken any rules in a long time, and yet have been personally attacked while I've kept on topic. As I've pointed out to the Admin, who has not been able to deny it, if it's not me, it's Ty. If it's not Ty, it's Nutz. If it's not Nutz, I'm not sure who will be next. Who will be the next to be told by the gang to bohica while the admin continues to ignore obvious personal attacks and people fueling fires?
    I'm really trying to understand what you're saying here, but honest to God, I have no idea what word "bohica" is supposed to be.

? HOFer
    I don't see why I would be banned. I'm a victim on these boards. I haven't broken any rules in a long time, and yet have been personally attacked while I've kept on topic. As I've pointed out to the Admin, who has not been able to deny it, if it's not me, it's Ty. If it's not Ty, it's Nutz. If it's not Nutz, I'm not sure who will be next. Who will be the next to be told by the gang to bohica while the admin continues to ignore obvious personal attacks and people fueling fires?
    I'm really trying to understand what you're saying here, but honest to God, I have no idea what word "bohica" is supposed to be.
    bend over here it comes again.

I'm saying the gang attacks aren't going to stop, they're just going to switch to another person.

I think this forum would be pretty boring if nobody commented.
    But, not if you didn't.

Of course, we can't even get a linked image on our homepage, so I suspect it is wishful thinking to assume we can extend PHPBB and/or purchase a vBulletin subscription.
    This is why I worry for your future here. I chide admin about this same point, but considering the confrontational nature between you two on the technological aspect of the site, it comes across as a real cheap shot.

I'm also apparently watching a Science HD show about humans fighting dragons narrated by Jean Luc Piccard, so I'm not sure what's real and what isn't anymore.

? HOFer
    Of course, we can't even get a linked image on our homepage, so I suspect it is wishful thinking to assume we can extend PHPBB and/or purchase a vBulletin subscription.
    This is why I worry for your future here. I chide admin about this same point, but considering the confrontational nature between you two on the technological aspect of the site, it comes across as a real cheap shot.

I'm also apparently watching a Science HD show about humans fighting dragons narrated by Jean Luc Piccard, so I'm not sure what's real and what isn't anymore.
    Admin and I are cool. I like the guy as he seems nice enough over PM. Everyone has different strengths. I really could care less that he isn't an IT savy person but in that case I do believe that he should let those who care about these forums contribute their skills to improve them. Any one of us can take the four seconds to correct the markup and email it to him and he can control-a then control-v it.

Admin and I are cool. I like the guy as he seems nice enough over PM. Everyone has different strengths. I really could care less that he isn't an IT savy person but in that case I do believe that he should let those who care about these forums contribute their skills to improve them. Any one of us can take the four seconds to correct the markup and email it to him and he can control-a then control-v it.
    Do you think you are the first to mention it? Do you think he doesn't know that the homepage says one thing, but it isn't functional? Do you think that he doesn't understand how easy a link can be created?

A smart person would realize that there is more to the story than a tech issue.

A smart person wouldn't be discussing tech issues, but WHY the issue hasn't been solved.

I posted it when I left the forum three years ago, and I'm fine with what I said.

Yeah, it was your finest hour.

I'm not telling anyone what to do or how to do it. Stating my opinion in a positive, supporting manner. It's unfair to HH. He doesn't have the option to delete the post, and now everyone and there mother has seen it. He has expressed several times his displeasure with it being pulled up time and time again, yet he doesn't have any option to prevent his personal information from being shared.

He cannot delete the original post. He could edit it, sure, but at this stage with it being quoted so many times he doesn't have the ability to remove it.

It's unfair of him to have this held against him and to have it being brought up again and again against his wishes.

Banning people isn't the answer.
    The answer is setting some sort of rules to stop this sort of behavior before it starts.

I'm a very systematic person. If it were me running this forum, I would have a firm system in place that everyone is aware of. That way, instead of playing favorites, I'd be governed and held accountable by a published set of rules, and everyone else would be as well. That is the obvious answer and why it is not in place is incomprehensible to me.

One simple rule that should be in place that would clear things up is as follows:

If a user requests that another user does not respond or reference their posts and they continue to do (one time grace period), they should be permanently banned.

I post on a lot of forums that run very well. This one does not. Most online forums typically encompass one of two viewpoints in my opinion, either an A) "we're all in this together, so lets be nice and supportive" or a B) "This is the right way to do it, so change your ways and get on board" type of atmosphere. This forum is definitely more than B. The forums that are fun to post on and thrive long terms are the ones that have an A attitude. The kind of attacking, sarcastic nature would kill your "rep" literally and figuratively on most forums, and then also you would end up on most users ignore/block lists. Of course, we can't even get a linked image on our homepage, so I suspect it is wishful thinking to assume we can extend PHPBB and/or purchase a vBulletin subscription.

Wow, you are a victim. In this example you unfairly attack your own position.

? HOFer
    Okay fair enough, I didn't specify the context. The admin has talked of banning people because "they're more trouble than they're worth" or something to that general sentiment. What I take away from it is this: When people disagree, the gang mentality here takes over and they are ganged up on. When that happens, the Admin wants to ban the attacked user because they're stirring everyone else up.

In order to prevent said ganging up, they need rules that prevent them. See the rule I listed.

I think they're two different situations but I agree I was not clear and the initial post didn't make sense

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

Do you think you are the first to mention it? Do you think he doesn't know that the homepage says one thing, but it isn't functional? Do you think that he doesn't understand how easy a link can be created?

A smart person wouldn't be discussing tech issues, but WHY the issue hasn't been solved.
    I agree, and I'm sure he's working on contracting out a new home page. With that said, the really smart person does both and takes the 4 seconds to fix the existing production issue while building version 2.0 concurrently.

I agree, and I'm sure he's working on contracting out a new home page. With that said, the really smart person does both and takes the 4 seconds to fix the existing production issue while building version 2.0 concurrently.
    1. You missed the point...i was referring to you as the smart person. All your posts surmising or questioning are dumb. You aren't dumb, but you arent' thinking.

2. As for what a really smart person does....this is the type of post that gets you in trouble. Because, you are stating what YOU think. It is your opinion of what should be done.

Again, you really miss the point. You assume he is contracting someone to do it. Maybe, maybe not. I can just as easily assume not as it wouldn't take someone this long to have done just that.

I can also assume, not saying i'm right, that maybe he doesn't want it fixed. The question then is, why doesn't he want it fixed.

Okay fair enough, I didn't specify the context. The admin has talked of banning people because "they're more trouble than they're worth" or something to that general sentiment. What I take away from it is this: When people disagree, the gang mentality here takes over and they are ganged up on. When that happens, the Admin wants to ban the attacked user because they're stirring everyone else up.

In order to prevent said ganging up, they need rules that prevent them. See the rule I listed.

I think they're two different situations but I agree I was not clear and the initial post didn't make sense
    I know others have said this before, but I doubt you would have as many problems as you do if you looked at how you post you opinions rather than assume that your being attacked for what you post. Leading off your posts with "what a smart person does" or "Smart football opinions are disregarded around here" is the same as starting the post with "Your an idiot if you don't agree with me" or ending the post with "game. set. match, motherfucker."

As far as your rule goes, I for one think it's not reasonable. Essentially your asking to post whatever you want to, then expect the admin to protect your posts from criticism from people you specify. I know it's the low budget equivalent to the "ignore" feature you want, but what would probably be more effective is you ignoring posts made by others rather than demanding they ignore you or be banned.

I hope you see this as constructive criticism and not an attack on your internet persona.

The question then is, why doesn't he want it fixed.
    The tongue in cheek answer is that is pisses Partial off.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Oh Snap!