Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NETBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I would not get them a netbook if I bought TODAY......I would go to Dell or HP or Acer and get a base 15 and upgrade the CPU to the cheapest dual core and go for it. That would run about $400 a machine with Windows 7 64 bit. You have to remember the netbooks have no built in optical drive which would blow for the kids.

Wait a week or two and you might see some better deals but not that much better.
    15" is gigantic. Go with a 12". Other than that, I completely agree with this.

15 is gigantic for college students and business professionals. But B's buying it for his young kids. I think 15 would work fine for that use. I wouldn't want my kids dragging a laptop around. They lose everything.

I have a 17" laptop and I love it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

There's a very good reason they make so many sizes and configurations. It's because people use them in a variety of ways, and there's no single solution that satisfies everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

There's a very good reason they make so many sizes and configurations. It's because people use them in a variety of ways, and there's no single solution that satisfies everybody.
    If 17" doesn't satisfy her, I don't know what will.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I love every inch of it!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I love every inch of it!
    Size queen.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
    For a notebook for the kids you might consider Craig's List. Get a cheap one that is a couple of years old, and it should do fine, with a bigger screen and better performance than an atom processor.
    Yep. Atom is roughly equivalent to a P3 from what I've heard. P3's were out in what, 1999?