Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
Quote Originally Posted by Zool
Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
Quote Originally Posted by Zool
Trust me Woody I have 0 power over this place. I'm merely the Fantasy Football commish. Past deeds are just that. In the past. The sooner everyone stops focusing on the man, the sooner we can all get along again. Well not all of us but the majority. That is what I'm advocating. This is after all a Packers forum and in the words of the immortal Nick Barnett in reference to Mr Favre "if you ain't with us, you against us".
I acknowledge your claim that you have zero power here Zool. I disagree with you that the solution here at Packerrats is that we all ignore Favre's contributions to his current team and the NFL as a whole.

Here is where Partial's point comes in. Brett Favre was a large piece in the puzzle to turning the Packer franchise fortunes around after three decades dominated by frustration. It's just foolish, juvenile to completely immature behaviour and demeaning rhetoric to ever even imagine someone trying to convince me to treat Favre as a traitor (as a professional athlete).

Noone who has taken notice of what Favre did for our history, in all it's content, should impell us to ignore his exploits elsewhere. Noone should be entertained as noble, wise or correct in terms of offering that complete censorship of Favre is correct Packer justice.
The guy plays for the Vikings whom I would guess 90% of the populace at this place would at the very least have a strong distaste for the last 20+ years. One former Packer, no matter how great, will not change that for me. When he's gone from the Vikings I will have the same disdain for them that I had in 87, 97, 07 etc.
I don't hate the Vikings. I don't hate.

I especially can't imagine hating any team that has Brett Favre as it's QB. Brett Favre is my All Time favourite Pro athlete man. He's given me more great plays and thrills than certainly any other Green Bay Packer I've seen. I can never find any fault against him for wanting to extend an awesome career or for the exact means he uses to reach his dreams.
I can't imagine wanting to see the Vikings do well. What exactly is your point??? Nobody said Favre has to be censored. BS threads like this just need to be stuck in the Favre thread where they belong.
OK since this this Brett Favre thread was started as nothing more than a response to Kiwons And Anyranyds duplicate threads ripping at our Green Bay Packers Legacy, I guess I need to respond(I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well
I will find a center in you
I will chew it up and leave
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tool/sober.html

Heres my take... Some of us our tried and true Packer fans that root more for the person wearing the uniform than just the logo itself... its personal and we do get attached to the actual human beings wearing the logo....and I drifted off and lost interest in posting the rest...