Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre: 'The guys have saved me'

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mission
    can we just do a nice little ban sweep and get rid of the jackasses please?

really... it's a packers forum... we go over this every time and we hear the same arguments every time that get owned and we never hear from partial again (until the next thread comes up so he can act like he never got owned in the first place).

the whole semantic / logic thing of "well then we cant talk about any other player" is ridiculous ... how bout i dont want to come here and see a fucking youtube video of favre saying this or that... how hard is that to understand you dickweeds?
    Dude, read my post. Was Brett Favre not a huge point of Packer history? It's a fair point to say that if Favre discussion is not allowed, then no non-Packer discussion would be allowed.

The thread is clearly labeled, and once again you came in here to bump it up to complain. Look in the mirror man.

This is no different than a Bart Starr thread, Lombardi, Wayne Simmons, etc. Not one little itsy bitsy bit at all.

While some of you may not want to read the clearly labeled posts, thats fine. Don't. It's as simple as that. Some of us may want to. Why ruin it for someone else because you don't want to read it? That's just selfish.

Ty, I'm not even going to bother reading your balogna justification. You claim to have done it in one thread, and I clearly proved you wrong. This is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    I, for one, can do without the snarkiness about Favre threads and the addition of Favre threads. Keep it one area, PERIOD.

I know he is revered by a lot of fellow 'Rats, but let it freakin' go! Your admiration about him isn't going to bring him back. The vitriol spewed by those on the opposite side is turning a lot of us off as well.

Best thing to do, is not have all these extra BF threads. I respectfully ask Admin to please get this resolved.

It's one of the reasons, I have avoided posting as much as I had in the past.

I don't want to see any more Star-Trib or PioneerPress about the Vikings' players, which Favre is (for better or worse).

</rant>

Totally agree about keeping all Favre-related information in the Favre thread. I'm glad for his years of service but come on, I come here to talk about the Packers.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    Derangement is so funny to watch
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

I see nothing has changed on this site. Same people arguing back and forth, same people thriving on the drama, etc. It's like more effort is being put into policing people about what they can and can't post and threatening them with "time outs" than actually discussing football.

Don't mean to sound bitchy, I just really miss the way this place was before the Favre drama started. It divided many posters around here and caused many regs to stop posting. Now that I don't live in GB anymore, I really miss the contributions and old "regs" around here who provided a great insight to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    I see nothing has changed on this site. Same people arguing back and forth, same people thriving on the drama, etc. It's like more effort is being put into policing people about what they can and can't post and threatening them with "time outs" than actually discussing football.

Don't mean to sound bitchy, I just really miss the way this place was before the Favre drama started. It divided many posters around here and caused many regs to stop posting. Now that I don't live in GB anymore, I really miss the contributions and old "regs" around here who provided a great insight to the team.
    Actually, if all the old Regs just came back and started posting in football threads, starting actual football threads and generally just ignoring the knuckleheads, the tide would turn. But we have a few too many knuckleheads right now. We need to alter the balance. But that can only be done by actual participation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax

Actually, if all the old Regs just came back and started posting in football threads, starting actual football threads and generally just ignoring the knuckleheads, the tide would turn. But we have a few too many knuckleheads right now. We need to alter the balance. But that can only be done by actual participation.
    The formula seems so simple: Post in/read the threads/writers you enjoy, ignore the threads/writers you don't enjoy, and contribute your own ideas in a new thread. Critique arguments and topics and not people. Ignore those who attack you and not your argument and try not to attack others. It mostly works, although I'll admit I've broken these simple rules. Keep going.

About Favre: I am perplexed by those who seem to think it is an issue that can easily be brushed aside. Favre left in a flurry of chaos and controversy and he's performing extremely well for the fiercest rival the Packers currently have. Should it be surprising that people are all riled up over it? And will be for a long time? Is it unique to this Packer site?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax

The formula seems so simple: Post in/read the threads/writers you enjoy, ignore the threads/writers you don't enjoy, and contribute your own ideas in a new thread. Critique arguments and topics and not people. Ignore those who attack you and not your argument and try not to attack others. It mostly works, although I'll admit I've broken these simple rules. Keep going.

About Favre: I am perplexed by those who seem to think it is an issue that can easily be brushed aside. Favre left in a flurry of chaos and controversy and he's performing extremely well for the fiercest rival the Packers currently have. Should it be surprising that people are all riled up over it? And will be for a long time? Is it unique to this Packer site?
    Yes.

http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

Doesn't have a single Favre thread on the front page as of this posting.

It's like some people deliberately do it because they know they'll get a certain response.

It's not hard to keep it Packers or related to things that might relate to the Packers or just generally interesting football conversation even.

But when it's "wow look at this Brett video doing this it's hilarious" ... well, come on ... do I (or anyone else) really need to explain this anymore?

There are a lot of Packer forums -- none of which I like more than this one -- that don't have this much Favre "drama" going on. Most have moved on or at least came up with a consensus decision to keep things Packers focused.

As for me, I'm not a big contributor because I'm rarely at my laptop. I use PackerRats as a news source on my phone and like to read what you guys contribute. The more I have to wade through junk, the more frustrating it becomes.

I, for one, can do without the snarkiness about Favre threads and the addition of Favre threads. Keep it one area, PERIOD.

I know he is revered by a lot of fellow 'Rats, but let it freakin' go! Your admiration about him isn't going to bring him back. The vitriol spewed by those on the opposite side is turning a lot of us off as well.

Best thing to do, is not have all these extra BF threads. I respectfully ask Admin to please get this resolved.

I don't want to see any more Star-Trib or PioneerPress about the Vikings' players, which Favre is (for better or worse).

</rant>
    Best post of the thread. Petition to move this thread to the Brent thread. I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker
    I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.

A separate BF forum? Couldn't gex and MOBB just email each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.

A separate BF forum? Couldn't gex and MOBB just email each other?
    too true, there are a couple of other posters I can think of who I see *only* posting in a Favre thread or only show up if the dreaded "F" word is mentioned.

These E-knights feel it is their sworn duty to defend the honor of everything that is Brentidict Arnold.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar

</rant>
    Best post of the thread. Petition to move this thread to the Brent thread. I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.
    I asked for this about 15 months ago - give or take a month or two - and was skewered. Good luck!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan

</rant>
    I asked for this about 15 months ago - give or take a month or two - and was skewered. Good luck!
    That's because of your Avatar!! No one like Eyore! :P He's all mopey. Now if you were Donkey from Shrek you'd be A OK!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan

</rant>
    That's because of your Avatar!! No one like Eyore! :P He's all mopey. Now if you were Donkey from Shrek you'd be A OK!
    Hey...don't diss on Eyore. He's my hero...a realist, just like me...or is that manic depressive???

I think for each ex-player that gets frequently talked about, just throw it all into one thread about that player. That being said, that doesn't mean every Favre reference needs to go in the Favre thread, like Brady or Manning comparisons. I am as big of a Favre fan as anyone but it is a Packers message board. This is a Favre thread, plain and simple and should be in the Favre thread. Maybe we need a Favre board and everytime a thread gets posted in the wrong place, move it and warn them. Too many warnings, boot em.

As for Ty, it doesn't surprise me that he is the first to knock someone down, or the first to be a jackass. He after all refers to himself in the 3rd party so we know he isn't dealing with a full deck. Partial and I go way back and don't agree a lot, but in this instance, Ty got owned for the hypocrite he is. This isn't the first time, it won't be the last. When you talk as much shit as Ty does, you are bound to have it spill over your hip waders and get confused, not that Mr 3rd Party isn't confused about himself already.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I'll add my 2 cents. There IS a difference between a Favre thread and a Bart Starr thread. Many people are still bitter and will still be bitter until Favre retires for good. All wounds heal with time but that time has not yet come and will not come as long as Favre is a Viking. These types of threads ONLY induce flames and people who start them probably know that. There really is almost NO reason to post a thread like this which is dedicated to Favre when we've got a thread where all that stuff can go anyway.

I feel like this should be obvious but right now Favre is a touchy subject. Let me phrase it this way. Can anything good come out of a thread like this? Probably not. Can something bad come out of a thread like this? Definitely. So we don't need it on the main board as it's own thread. Post this link in the Favre thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    I think for each ex-player that gets frequently talked about, just throw it all into one thread about that player. That being said, that doesn't mean every Favre reference needs to go in the Favre thread, like Brady or Manning comparisons. I am as big of a Favre fan as anyone but it is a Packers message board. This is a Favre thread, plain and simple and should be in the Favre thread. Maybe we need a Favre board and everytime a thread gets posted in the wrong place, move it and warn them. Too many warnings, boot em.

As for Ty, it doesn't surprise me that he is the first to knock someone down, or the first to be a jackass. He after all refers to himself in the 3rd party so we know he isn't dealing with a full deck. Partial and I go way back and don't agree a lot, but in this instance, Ty got owned for the hypocrite he is. This isn't the first time, it won't be the last. When you talk as much shit as Ty does, you are bound to have it spill over your hip waders and get confused, not that Mr 3rd Party isn't confused about himself already.
    How did Ty get owned. My point is exactly YOUR point. Threads don't need to be started about BF. Mentioning his name or referring to him or other players in context is completely different.

It might help if you actually read and then thought about what was written.

As for third person, it is a literary device. But, Ty wouldn't expect somebody who found "The little engine that could" to be challenging to understand using different literary techniques.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

How did Ty get owned.
    If you must ask......Snake is damn happy to put this in percentages for you, Ty...as I'm damn sure most all Rats are happy to read this (well I see you took on Channtheman's quote as your sig). I've always liked ChanntheMan, but at least I can spell his name right (you can't literary master ace), but respect his post to your defense (in one post on one topic..which begs the question just how weak are you to have to do that for a sig??)....I doubt anyone else defends your BS...so here goes in Ty's Getting Ownage:

1) Well...1% was you (the literary Master Ace of all aces in literary terms from Shakespeare to Hemingway) in not using proper punctuation. By using a question mark instead of a period you could have saved yourself 1%. That, sir, is irony.

2) Another 1% was using a crackhead jokester character for your avatar (Tyrone Bigguns), feigning respect (not just for others, of which you show none, but also for yourself), yet still claiming intellectual superiority over the average and good Rat poster post after post...Yeah, Tyrone Bigguns should be telling us how it is...I'd kick that guy in the nuts if he was real. You are as fake as your avatar. Must be clinching for something. Keep posting non-stop. We might not respect you, your posts, or your mindset...but I bet there's a legion that crave hearing you nit-pick/bitch about something in your myriad of posts. Keep it up. It's great. I bet that just draws in guests to join hearing your rip/nitpick/bitch non-stop....You are great to listen to, Ty. Personally, Snake has plenty of smart, Packer fan/knowledgable buddies that would love to join PackerRats, but can't stand your BS. I'm not scared of your BS. Your shit makes me sick, but I transpire through your BS. I'd hate to be Admin and cringe to your shittalking on EVERY topic. It'd be intimidating for a newbie/guest. Not Snake...You are a fake who's all about post counts.

3) 98% was you waking up and mistakenly thinking 10,000+ posts on PackerRats makes you a good poster, or thinking you are worth something in life. Snake posts on Rats cuz it's something to do late night on an off-nite to talk about the Packers. You post to validate your existence daily (24-7) with no friends/allies EVER. Truly sad are you, Ty. You are really, really sad. I'd hate to wake up as you. I'd either wake up and try and get my jollies baiting and trapping peeps with logic (Snake is smart as fuck too) and have fun with that..or just blow my head off. Look for the latter.

No one will miss your BS on here. Admin doesn't like to deal with it, nor do I (and Joe don't like you either...no one does)....but someone has to have some nuts. I have plenty. Snake ain't scared of you and your bullying techniques topic after topic. Go ahead try and fuck with Snake. Go ahead, Ty. I'll bury you. I've stayed off your shit for the past month, but can't stand you. No one can. Most are scared of you tearing into their posts. Snake craves it. If I was a MOD, you'd have been wiped years ago....and Snake is an Admin and Mod on 3 sites now (6 sites I'm on)....but you are cancer for sure.

When you get banned (you won't quit obviously), no one will miss you, care, or ask where Ty went. As smart as you think you are, Ty, you are basically a CPK....that is how you will be remembered.... Worthless and unmissed. Try and rape Snake's posts all you want, I don't care. That's how it is. Realize that, change...or be forgotten. Nobody likes your BS/negativity.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006

How did Ty get owned.
    If you must ask......Snake is damn happy to put this in percentages for you, Ty...as I'm damn sure most all Rats are happy to read this (well I see you took on Channtheman's quote as your sig). I've always liked ChanntheMan, but at least I can spell his name right (you can't literary master ace), but respect his post to your defense (in one post on one topic..which begs the question just how weak are you to have to do that for a sig??)....I doubt anyone else defends your BS...so here goes in Ty's Getting Ownage:

1) Well...1% was you (the literary Master Ace of all aces in literary terms from Shakespeare to Hemingway) in not using proper punctuation. By using a question mark instead of a period you could have saved yourself 1%. That, sir, is irony.

2) Another 1% was using a crackhead jokester character for your avatar (Tyrone Bigguns), feigning respect (not just for others, of which you show none, but also for yourself), yet still claiming intellectual superiority over the average and good Rat poster post after post...Yeah, Tyrone Bigguns should be telling us how it is...I'd kick that guy in the nuts if he was real. You are as fake as your avatar. Must be clinching for something. Keep posting non-stop. We might not respect you, your posts, or your mindset...but I bet there's a legion that crave hearing you nit-pick/bitch about something in your myriad of posts. Keep it up. It's great. I bet that just draws in guests to join hearing your rip/nitpick/bitch non-stop....You are great to listen to, Ty. Personally, Snake has plenty of smart, Packer fan/knowledgable buddies that would love to join PackerRats, but can't stand your BS. I'm not scared of your BS. Your shit makes me sick, but I transpire through your BS. I'd hate to be Admin and cringe to your shittalking on EVERY topic. It'd be intimidating for a newbie/guest. Not Snake...You are a fake who's all about post counts.

3) 98% was you waking up and mistakenly thinking 10,000+ posts on PackerRats makes you a good poster, or thinking you are worth something in life. Snake posts on Rats cuz it's something to do late night on an off-nite to talk about the Packers. You post to validate your existence daily (24-7) with no friends/allies EVER. Truly sad are you, Ty. You are really, really sad. I'd hate to wake up as you. I'd either wake up and try and get my jollies baiting and trapping peeps with logic (Snake is smart as fuck too) and have fun with that..or just blow my head off. Look for the latter.

No one will miss your BS on here. Admin doesn't like to deal with it, nor do I (and Joe don't like you either...no one does)....but someone has to have some nuts. I have plenty. Snake ain't scared of you and your bullying techniques topic after topic. Go ahead try and fuck with Snake. Go ahead, Ty. I'll bury you. I've stayed off your shit for the past month, but can't stand you. No one can. Most are scared of you tearing into their posts. Snake craves it. If I was a MOD, you'd have been wiped years ago....and Snake is an Admin and Mod on 3 sites now (6 sites I'm on)....but you are cancer for sure.

When you get banned (you won't quit obviously), no one will miss you, care, or ask where Ty went. As smart as you think you are, Ty, you are basically a CPK....that is how you will be remembered.... Worthless and unmissed. Try and rape Snake's posts all you want, I don't care. That's how it is. Realize that, change...or be forgotten. Nobody likes your BS/negativity.
    You are a very sad person.

P.S. All those words and you didn't address the question posed to Merlin.

The battle of the only two people(that I can remember) who use 3rd person when posting on this board.

Quick question, what possesses either of you to speak in 3rd person? Is it to get your point across? Help yourself stand out? Or is it that sense of self-empowerment you get when one speaks of themselves in 3rd person?

I say it's strange, but you both have your qualities as posters(positive and negative) and that's enough for me. Why berate Ty like that Snake? Has he wronged you? Or did you just wake up with a little sand in your vagina?

Asshole posters are fine to me. It's the E-knights I can't stand.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006

How did Ty get owned.

This is the crap that needs to end.

Snake, I think Ty is extremely smart and witty in his writing. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean he doesn't have a place on this website like everyone else.

Leave him alone, you don't have to do the back and forth with him if you don't want to.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston