Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre: 'The guys have saved me'

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan
    Hey...don't diss on Eyore. He's my hero...a realist, just like me...or is that manic depressive???

Glad to hear the reports of your demise weren't correct....
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    I see nothing has changed on this site. Same people arguing back and forth, same people thriving on the drama, etc. It's like more effort is being put into policing people about what they can and can't post and threatening them with "time outs" than actually discussing football.

Don't mean to sound bitchy, I just really miss the way this place was before the Favre drama started. It divided many posters around here and caused many regs to stop posting. Now that I don't live in GB anymore, I really miss the contributions and old "regs" around here who provided a great insight to the team.
    Actually, if all the old Regs just came back and started posting in football threads, starting actual football threads and generally just ignoring the knuckleheads, the tide would turn. But we have a few too many knuckleheads right now. We need to alter the balance. But that can only be done by actual participation.
    The formula seems so simple: Post in/read the threads/writers you enjoy, ignore the threads/writers you don't enjoy, and contribute your own ideas in a new thread. Critique arguments and topics and not people. Ignore those who attack you and not your argument and try not to attack others. It mostly works, although I'll admit I've broken these simple rules. Keep going.

About Favre: I am perplexed by those who seem to think it is an issue that can easily be brushed aside. Favre left in a flurry of chaos and controversy and he's performing extremely well for the fiercest rival the Packers currently have. Should it be surprising that people are all riled up over it? And will be for a long time? Is it unique to this Packer site?
    Many Packer fans have and will continue to observe and enjoy Brett Favre's success's. The bottom line. Favre was pushed out of Green Bay and unfortunately for Packer fortunes as his career winds down he ended up in Minnesota. I have Packer fan friends that still have a keen interest in him and applaud his dramatic leadership and success this season.

It concerns me that the Commissioner of this forum ( Zool ) holds such prejudice to actually get inflamed over a thread with any reference to Brett Favre. It concerns me that others would entertain such severe censorship. If we decide that everything Favre should be contained in one thread? Will that decision apease the censors, the drama Kings and haters on this forum? I think not!

What Packerrats needs is a purging of all posters that have made this forum what we feel so much in evidence today and to realize that existed long before the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre parted ways. This is a Green Bay Packers forum and that should be the primary focus of the majority of threads here.

In no way should the censors and drama Kings be allowed to dominate and make Packerrats an uncomfortable place to visit and then have to put up with the bullies alternative that we go elsewhere.

Get rid of the real problem. The insane bullies and haters.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

Many Packer fans have and will continue to observe and enjoy Brett Favre's success's. The bottom line. Favre was pushed out of Green Bay and unfortunately for Packer fortunes as his career winds down he ended up in Minnesota. I have Packer fan friends that still have a keen interest in him and applaud his dramatic leadership ands success this season.

It concerns me that the Commissioner of this forum ( Zool ) holds such prejudice to actually get inflamed over a thread with any reference to Brett Favre. It concerns me that others would entertain such severe censorship. If we decide that everything Favre should be contained in one thread? Will that decesion apease the censors, the drama Kings and haters on this forum? I think not!

What Packerrats needs is a purging of all posters that have made this forum what we feel so much in evidence today and to realize that existed long before the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre parted ways. This is a Green Bay Packers forum and that should be the primary focus of the majority of threads here.

In no way should the censors and drama Kings be allowed to dominate and make Packerrats an uncomfortable place to visit and then have to put up with the bullies alternative that we go elsewhere.

Get rid of the real problem. The insane bullies.
    It is always disturbing to read someone lambasting censorship requests, only to then state that posters should be censored.

Must be that old saying, "it's only censorship if I disagree with it"

Trust me Woody I have 0 power over this place. I'm merely the Fantasy Football commish. Past deeds are just that. In the past. The sooner everyone stops focusing on the man, the sooner we can all get along again. Well not all of us but the majority. That is what I'm advocating. This is after all a Packers forum and in the words of the immortal Nick Barnett in reference to Mr Favre "if you ain't with us, you against us".
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey

Many Packer fans have and will continue to observe and enjoy Brett Favre's success's. The bottom line. Favre was pushed out of Green Bay and unfortunately for Packer fortunes as his career winds down he ended up in Minnesota. I have Packer fan friends that still have a keen interest in him and applaud his dramatic leadership ands success this season.

It concerns me that the Commissioner of this forum ( Zool ) holds such prejudice to actually get inflamed over a thread with any reference to Brett Favre. It concerns me that others would entertain such severe censorship. If we decide that everything Favre should be contained in one thread? Will that decesion apease the censors, the drama Kings and haters on this forum? I think not!

It is always disturbing to read someone lambasting censorship requests, only to then state that posters should be censored.

I've got no problem with anything and everything Favre in ' the Favre thread '. To make that policy going forward at Packerrats. Hopefully that move appeases the censors need to control the subjects that inflame their hatred.

This has become a place where 'the haters' continue to prevail and dominate over a majority of posters that want to come here and just feel comfortable, as Packer and football fans in general. What would this place be if the majority here decided to take sides and focus on the bullies? I don't have the time nor such negative energy for these clowns. I rely on the real powers here to take every step to ensure the integrity of my Packer home and a comfortable place to visit.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey

I've got no problem with anything and everything Favre in ' the Favre thread '. To make that policy going forward at Packerrats. Hopefully that move appeases the censors need to control the subjects that inflame their hatred.

This has become a place where 'the haters' continue to prevail and dominate over a majority of posters that want to come here and just feel comfortable, as Packer and football fans in general. What would this place be if the majority here decided to take sides and focus on the bullies? I don't have the time nor such negative energy for these clowns. I rely on the real powers here to take every step to ensure the integrity of my Packer home and a comfortable place to visit.
    When was the last thread censored? Who are these censorors? Other than the 12 lbs Turkey challenge thread I don't recall one!

Just becasue I don't like the Big Mac, McDonald's isn't taking it off the menu. I don't think Admin has censored or banned anyone in a long time.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Trust me Woody I have 0 power over this place. I'm merely the Fantasy Football commish. Past deeds are just that. In the past. The sooner everyone stops focusing on the man, the sooner we can all get along again. Well not all of us but the majority. That is what I'm advocating. This is after all a Packers forum and in the words of the immortal Nick Barnett in reference to Mr Favre "if you ain't with us, you against us".
    I acknowledge your claim that you have zero power here Zool. I disagree with you that the solution here at Packerrats is that we all ignore Favre's contributions to his current team and the NFL as a whole.

Here is where Partial's point comes in. Brett Favre was a large piece in the puzzle to turning the Packer franchise fortunes around after three decades dominated by frustration. It's just foolish, juvenile to completely immature behaviour and demeaning rhetoric to ever even imagine someone trying to convince me to treat Favre as a traitor (as a professional athlete).

Noone who has taken notice of what Favre did for our history, in all it's content, should impell us to ignore his exploits elsewhere. Noone should be entertained as noble, wise or correct in terms of offering that complete censorship of Favre is correct Packer justice.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I acknowledge your claim that you have zero power here Zool. I disagree with you that the solution here at Packerrats is that we all ignore Favre's contributions to his current team and the NFL as a whole.

Here is where Partial's point comes in. Brett Favre was a large piece in the puzzle to turning the Packer franchise fortunes around after three decades dominated by frustration. It's just foolish, juvenile to completely immature behaviour and demeaning rhetoric to ever even imagine someone trying to convince me to treat Favre as a traitor (as a professional athlete).

Noone who has taken notice of what Favre did for our history, in all it's content, should impell us to ignore his exploits elsewhere. Noone should be entertained as noble, wise or correct in terms of offering that complete censorship of Favre is correct Packer justice.
    No body wants to censor Favre. Just keep it in one thread!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan

No body wants to censor Favre. Just keep it in one thread!
    Yes certainly as the line is drawn. One thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker
    I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.

A separate BF forum? Couldn't gex and MOBB just email each other?
    Im like SO late reading this but even though i hate your tail this is yet another funny u bastard.

one love SC

Happy holidays..
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

The guy plays for the Vikings whom I would guess 90% of the populace at this place would at the very least have a strong distaste for the last 20+ years. One former Packer, no matter how great, will not change that for me. When he's gone from the Vikings I will have the same disdain for them that I had in 87, 97, 07 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The guy plays for the Vikings whom I would guess 90% of the populace at this place would at the very least have a strong distaste for the last 20+ years. One former Packer, no matter how great, will not change that for me. When he's gone from the Vikings I will have the same disdain for them that I had in 87, 97, 07 etc.
    I don't hate the Vikings. I don't hate.

I especially can't imagine hating any team that has Brett Favre as it's QB. Brett Favre is my All Time favourite Pro athlete man. He's given me more great plays and thrills than certainly any other Green Bay Packer I've seen. I can never find any fault against him for wanting to extend an awesome career or for the exact means he uses to reach his dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Must be clinching for something.
    You are really, really sad. I'd hate to wake up as you. I'd either wake up and try and get my jollies baiting and trapping peeps with logic (Snake is smart as fuck too) and have fun with that..or just blow my head off. Look for the latter.
    Dayum...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I especially can't imagine hating any team that has Brett Favre as it's QB. Brett Favre is my All Time favourite Pro athlete man. He's given me more great plays and thrills than certainly any other Green Bay Packer I've seen. I can never find any fault against him for wanting to extend an awesome career or for the exact means he uses to reach his dreams.
    I can't imagine wanting to see the Vikings do well. What exactly is your point??? Nobody said Favre has to be censored. BS threads like this just need to be stuck in the Favre thread where they belong.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641

I can't imagine wanting to see the Vikings do well. What exactly is your point??? Nobody said Favre has to be censored. BS threads like this just need to be stuck in the Favre thread where they belong.
    OK since this this Brett Favre thread was started as nothing more than a response to Kiwons And Anyranyds duplicate threads ripping at our Green Bay Packers Legacy, I guess I need to respond(I am just a worthless liar
    I am just an imbecile
    I will only complicate you
    Trust in me and fall as well
    I will find a center in you
    I will chew it up and leave
    http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tool/sober.html

Heres my take... Some of us our tried and true Packer fans that root more for the person wearing the uniform than just the logo itself... its personal and we do get attached to the actual human beings wearing the logo....and I drifted off and lost interest in posting the rest...
    Baah

3AM
    Baah

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    I don't know what to tell ya, Mobb, but I tried in the past to PM Ty to work it out, as I have with others when there was a problem, to make peace...but to no avail. I guess I'll leave it be. I wish we could get along better.
    __________________________________________________ ____

As far as the Brett thing, Gex...yeah I hear ya, Favre is the greatest sports player I've seen this side of Michael Jordan (his championships trump Brett) but Favre's charisma/likeability/winning %/leadership abilities are truly unfathomable for his position. He might not have the SuperBowl wins (but I think those come with leadership at the top...Favre has never had top talent around him since '96), and Brett just wins year and year on out and at 40 is just amazing....prob. the MVP right now, and leading the league in most QB stats. What a stud. I'm first and foremost a Packer fan, but it's unbelievable what Favre has done at 40. I'm cheering on the Pack weekly and root against the Vikes, but if we (the Pack) don't win it, I'll cheer for Brett. No probs there. 4th MVP. He is amazing and so fun/charasmatic to follow.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

I shouldn't respond, but ty will.

You sent me 2 pms. Both long ago. If you would like me to post what you wrote me ty will. But, pretending that you tried to work anything out is hilarious.

Ty has no personal issue with you..as Ty rarely responds directly to your posts. You have a issue. It is your problem. There is no issue/fight..as the only one fighting is you. Keep up your crusade. Doesn't bother me. I know the truth..as spoken by Thunder, Chann, etc.

Mostly, i laugh at your posts.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    I shouldn't respond, but ty will.

You sent me 2 pms. Both long ago. If you would like me to post what you wrote me ty will. But, pretending that you tried to work anything out is hilarious.

Ty has no personal issue with you..as Ty rarely responds directly to your posts. You have a issue. It is your problem. There is no issue/fight..as the only one fighting is you. Keep up your crusade. Doesn't bother me. I know the truth..as spoken by Thunder, Chann, etc.

Mostly, i laugh at your posts.
    So call me...I just PM'd with my phone number. I see it is sent. Call me and we'll work it out.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006

As far as the Brett thing, Gex...yeah I hear ya, Favre is the greatest sports player I've seen this side of Michael Jordan
    Bingo!

I told wifey last week that he is the greatest sports figure the world has ever seen......not Ali, Jackie, or Jordan, Bird, etc... She told me to shut up! lol

Thread title should be "Favre saved Packers" he he....

I feel for the ppl that allow their irrational disdain for another uniform hinder their appreciation of an individual's beastliness. I used to be that way; allowed my love of the Celtics to ruin the appreciation I sholda had for Magic'nem. Of course I was like 12 years old then and hadnt experienced REAL life issues like heart attacks, death of loved ones, seeing the plight of some of the poverty-stricken families I provide therapeutic services for, etc.

Rushed home today to beat fedex with my cincy @ minny tix. Never in a million years could i have imagined Id go to minny for anything! Let alone a queens game. But im going b/c I want to be ENTERTAINED by brett that day. Dont wana hear no smack either b/c Im SURE ive been to more packer games than 85% of the Rats and posters at most other forums and own so much packer gear I have things with tags still on

Who cares, I know....but Mobb can be narcissistic sometimes too

Brew Crew in 2011!!!