Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre: 'The guys have saved me'

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    That's quite a list there, but I'd still take Jordan over Favre. Championships are the trump card.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseePackerBacker
    I also believe we should have a seperate BF forum as well, it's just gotten too out of hand.

A separate BF forum? Couldn't gex and MOBB just email each other?
    Im like SO late reading this but even though i hate your tail this is yet another funny u bastard.

one love SC

Happy holidays..

Happy holidays MOBB.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Heres my take... Some of us our tried and true Packer fans that root more for the person wearing the uniform than just the logo itself... its personal and we do get attached to the actual human beings wearing the logo....and I drifted off and lost interest in posting the rest...
    Gex-

That is completely fine by me. If you want to talk Packers talk Packers.

If you want to talk Favre, go to a board that is a Favre board not a Packer board like "PACKERRATS."

Please be courteous and use the Favre thread if you need to post BF here, that's all I'm asking.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Death and hate to all Favre fans! rah rah rah! I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!

Is this how you Favre fans see the other half? Some of us here root and cheer for a team while others seem to galvanize themselves to players. Packer nation could not be more divided.

It sickens me to see Packer fans rooting for the Vikings. It breaks every logical stance on why you support the Packers in the first place. You the V-acker fan(That's because you put the V before the P) have no place in traditional sports. Football more than any other sport is a TEAM sport. I wish you all would just become Vikings fans really. It's a traitorous act that I and I hope many other Packer fans never support.

However, if you do have to support Brentidict I believe it should only be done in secrecy if you ARE still a Packer fan. If you want to support him openly, by all means, follow your great messiah to the promised land. Follow him away from the evil TT who has no other goal than to drive your beloved messiah away and torch your holy land(the Pack).

You know, this is like a messy divorce and we as fans are the children. Some are going to pick mommy, some daddy, but neither is right. We are only right in our own minds because of the ways we justify the actions of what really happened. If you are a Favre jock supporter you think he was "driven out of town! completely cast aside like a used condom!". If you are a Packer supporter "Favre waffled and held the team at hostage. Probably the most disgusting display of sportsmanship and self over team ever seen."

We must agree to disagree or we are reduced to the pathetic squabbling that has ripped this board apart. Personally I dont care either way. I find Favre supporters ignorant and lacking in loyalty. But for the good of the board and all Packer fans we just need to go along to get along.

Just praise him in secrecy if you must, for he is the traitor.

/rant off

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Heres my take... Some of us our tried and true Packer fans that root more for the person wearing the uniform than just the logo itself... its personal and we do get attached to the actual human beings wearing the logo....and I drifted off and lost interest in posting the rest...
    Gex-

That is completely fine by me. If you want to talk Packers talk Packers.

If you want to talk Favre, go to a board that is a Favre board not a Packer board like "PACKERRATS."

Please be courteous and use the Favre thread if you need to post BF here, that's all I'm asking.
    I don't mind if the FFs come on here and post about Favre, just so long as they don't pollute the forum with excessive needless or repetitive threads. It's easy to ignore them. I totally understand it too. They are simply FFs (Favre Firsts) and don't care who he plays for - and they know they can meet up with other FFs here and slap each other on the back or post a bunch of happy congratulatory emoticons Gex in particular is easy to ignore - I can't recall a single post of any significance in thought or insight Gex has provided. It's also advantageous to ignore Mobb - a good Christian (so he says) who hates other posters (SC), but reminds them not to hate because it is all ENTERTAINMENT. Dayum.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think there are a lot of people who are agreeing here and simply don't realize it. There seems to be consensus that no one wants to censor the Favre stuff, just keep it in its own 180+ page thread. That was agreed on as a solution a long time (say, 180 pages) ago. No one wants to stop the discussion altogether, but most also don't want to wade through a bunch of Favre threads to find the ones that aren't about him only to find the discussion in other threads suddenly revolving around Favre. Other players have threads all the time and when half the first page is about them, then perhaps it would be appropriate for them to have their own threads too (like the VY thread).
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I think there are a lot of people who are agreeing here and simply don't realize it. There seems to be consensus that no one wants to censor the Favre stuff, just keep it in its own 180+ page thread. That was agreed on as a solution a long time (say, 180 pages) ago. No one wants to stop the discussion altogether, but most also don't want to wade through a bunch of Favre threads to find the ones that aren't about him only to find the discussion in other threads suddenly revolving around Favre. Other players have threads all the time and when half the first page is about them, then perhaps it would be appropriate for them to have their own threads too (like the VY thread).
    I have no problem with the VY thread - or a new Favre thread about a new Favre topic . I wouldn't want someone feeling they needed to put a Favre topic in the Favre thread if it was new info - that would be stupid, since the Vikings are in our division and since people post new threads all the time concerning other players in the NFL with an interesting new story or angle or thought.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I've just been kidding about the diva Brett going on Barbara Walters ever since he did the GVS interview last year. And now it's going to happen. Ellen and Oprah must be very disappointed.

I don't know a whole lot about this forum, but I would be willing to take a bet that Ty is closer to 40 than 12. Just my gut reaction.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    I don't know a whole lot about this forum, but I would be willing to take a bet that Ty is closer to 40 than 12. Just my gut reaction.
    Closer to 12.

INCHES!!!!

Thank you, Ty will be here all week! Try the prime rib. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Like I said -- and everyone ignored me -- there are plenty of other Packers forums around with NO excess of Brett Favre threads.

Look around, click your bookmarks.

This is the only site who is still having this discussion.

The general populous understands what Packer conversation is and what isn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mission
    Like I said -- and everyone ignored me -- there are plenty of other Packers forums around with NO excess of Brett Favre threads.

I've checked them out and don't need to check the crappy forums again when I have this one. I appreciate football forums that give all viewpoints and goes much further than just what a Packer forum would offer.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

I've checked them out and don't need to check the crappy forums again when I have this one. I appreciate football forums that give all viewpoints and goes much further than just what a Packer forum would offer.
    Maybe change the name of Packerrats?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar

I just looked at Packerchatters and Packerforum (main Packer forums) and the reason they don't have Brett Favre talk is because they have hardly any talk at all. Almost all the threads on the front page haven't been posted in in 2+ days.

I don't see this unless other forums are scrubbed clean. Favre is a Viking. The Vikings are the top rivals of the Packers. Any Packer site that doesn't discuss Favre and doesn't revisit the Thompson decision is deliberately avoiding or scrubbing the issue. That is inevitable in sports. To think that you can have a Packer site without mention of Favre is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman

I just looked at Packerchatters and Packerforum (main Packer forums) and the reason they don't have Brett Favre talk is because they have hardly any talk at all. Almost all the threads on the front page haven't been posted in in 2+ days.
    PackerNews.net is a pretty active forum that I was referencing earlier.

As also stated before, this is the main forum I visit, I only go over to other ones when I'm extremely bored or taking an extra-long shit (iPhone).

Anyone who still can't see this are just doing it for the sake of doing it and argument. The original content of THIS thread doesn't make this forum any better of a "football forum" than any other.

As also stated before, this is the main forum I visit, I only go over to other ones when I'm extremely bored or taking an extra-long shit (iPhone).

Anyone who still can't see this are just doing it for the sake of doing it and argument. The original content of THIS thread doesn't make this forum any better of a "football forum" than any other.
    OK, the original content part I'll buy. There is some troll-like pollution from the FFs, particularly the vacuous musings of Gex and Mobb, but you can ignore that. I still think it's interesting to discuss Favre in context of the Vikings and Packers rivalry and relative to Rodgers. At least half of all good sports talk are the "What ifs."

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

OK, the original content part I'll buy. There is some troll-like pollution from the FFs, particularly the vacuous musings of Gex and Mobb, but you can ignore that. I still think it's interesting to discuss Favre in context of the Vikings and Packers rivalry and relative to Rodgers. At least half of all good sports talk are the "What ifs."
    Fair enough and I can buy that. I'm the most guilty of jumping on every little Mobb/Gex musing that seems to have no place... the rivalry talk and all that, I agree, it can lead to interesting discussion. Unfortunately, it never stays there but somehow manages to disintegrate into the same old shit.

It could be worse; heck, it has been a lot worse... I just want some closure, dammit!!

I agree. The biggest Packer issue of the last 10 years or so has been getting rid of Favre. So much heated conversation has gone into that. More evidence comes out every week.

It's not going to go away until Favre is retired (hopefully with no new SB rings) and gone for good. Honestly, I think the reality check of us rejecting him has him playing the most humble, quality football of his career (doing all of the things his detractors accused him of not doing). He had such a blessed existence in Green Bay, I don't know if he could have grown without having a real wake up call.

As far as the Packers go, they took a step back, but there is some hope. Favre definitely got some vindication for being a great player. Hopefully in the end, the Packers can get some vindication for being a great organization even without Favre. Hopefully it's a win/win. The little competitive Packer fan in me hopes our wins are bigger and sweeter, but I'm glad to see him become the best he could be. I don't think that was always the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

OK, the original content part I'll buy. There is some troll-like pollution from the FFs, particularly the vacuous musings of Gex and Mobb, but you can ignore that.
    I think there are only 6 or 7 comments from those two combined in this whole thread and only like 3 that have anything to do with the original subject. Majority of the rest of the 4 pages is people bitching about the thread. That's the funny part....this thread would be long gone off the first page had people not consistently bumped it just to complain about it.

I agree with mraynrand, some BF discussion is inevitable. I also agree that the link that started this thread would have been better suited in the BF thread...to avoid what happened to the thread.