Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Brett Favre: 'The guys have saved me'

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mission
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    Like I said -- and everyone ignored me -- there are plenty of other Packers forums around with NO excess of Brett Favre threads.

Look around, click your bookmarks.

This is the only site who is still having this discussion.

The general populous understands what Packer conversation is and what isn't.
    I just looked at Packerchatters and Packerforum (main Packer forums) and the reason they don't have Brett Favre talk is because they have hardly any talk at all. Almost all the threads on the front page haven't been posted in in 2+ days.
    PackerNews.net is a pretty active forum that I was referencing earlier.

As also stated before, this is the main forum I visit, I only go over to other ones when I'm extremely bored or taking an extra-long shit (iPhone).

Anyone who still can't see this are just doing it for the sake of doing it and argument. The original content of THIS thread doesn't make this forum any better of a "football forum" than any other.
    OK, the original content part I'll buy. There is some troll-like pollution from the FFs, particularly the vacuous musings of Gex and Mobb, but you can ignore that. I still think it's interesting to discuss Favre in context of the Vikings and Packers rivalry and relative to Rodgers. At least half of all good sports talk are the "What ifs."
    Fair enough and I can buy that. I'm the most guilty of jumping on every little Mobb/Gex musing that seems to have no place... the rivalry talk and all that, I agree, it can lead to interesting discussion. Unfortunately, it never stays there but somehow manages to disintegrate into the same old shit.

It could be worse; heck, it has been a lot worse... I just want some closure, dammit!!
    Have Red Sox fans achieved closure over the Bambino? Maybe the closure of the grave perhaps...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't mind if the FFs come on here and post about Favre, just so long as they don't pollute the forum with excessive needless or repetitive threads. It's easy to ignore them. I totally understand it too. They are simply FFs (Favre Firsts) and don't care who he plays for - and they know they can meet up with other FFs here and slap each other on the back or post a bunch of happy congratulatory emoticons Gex in particular is easy to ignore - I can't recall a single post of any significance in thought or insight Gex has provided. It's also advantageous to ignore Mobb - a good Christian (so he says) who hates other posters (SC), but reminds them not to hate because it is all ENTERTAINMENT. Dayum.
    LOL
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blast from the past.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Snake and Tyrone Bigguns?

Do I miss them boys or not?

Not by a margin, but nice bump Freak.

I just finished reading this thread. It's classic Packerrat debate.....with 'the brakes on hate'.

Summing up the major point of discussion 'of merit':

Sometime around Nov./Dec. 2009 (early 2010) Packerrats arrived at a firm decision to try and calm the madness that once was Packerrats. This Forum was 'the Cage'. The leadership had to step up and reach a logical conclusion:

All things Brett Favre was to be posted in the enormous now.... Brett Favre thread.

Three CHEERS Packerrats!!!

That decision and the cooperation of posters here helped produce something unique and well.... wonderful for this awesome Packer Forum and it's owner. . . . MadtownPacker ? Is Mad still owner here? I hope so because we should as a general membership appreciate Mad.... It's IMO commendable what Mad has done keeping this Green Bay Packer Home... up and running as well as it has. For somehow sustaining his interest in the membership given all the crap that has gone on here at times.

I'm absent from Packerrats from July - Nov. I'm not easily able to post here. I live two lives. One in football season and the NFL Off Season when I'm trying to contribute to Packerrats. Exercise a freedom and privilege as a loyal member of Packer Nation (57 YEARS now).

Now my final point. If any member here ever imagined that my loyalty for Brett Favre as an NFL fan and amateur analyst ever surpassed my LOYALTY to and for my beloved Green Bay Packers!? That poster is flat out illogical and otherwise ...WRONG. It's just an example based on the common term: He/She wears two hats ....or .... many hats. I wear many hats. My life is amazing in terms of all the blessings I enjoy. There's not enough time in any day. My life is very exciting ...to me .......LOL.

Finally I think it's appropriate ( specifically for me and at this time) that this thread was yanked from some dark and damp place. Maybe it was stored in a replica Favre Locker? Appropriate as a Packer fan that still follows and admires one awesome Packer....' The Legend - The Gunslinger ' Brett Favre and given this personal accomplishment.

I'm now as a proud Packerrat ' a member of the 25 K Post Club'.

I survived Packerrats at it's worst. All that never got to me as I knew that first:

I believed in Packerrats ! I deserved to be a member here. I know I always as a bottom line fought with integrity for the status this forum deserves and in my observation has achieved.

PACKERRATS IS.........NO. 1

As a Final Point and this post:

I couldn't help notice those posts in this thread that at least infer that anyone following Favre back then was disloyal to the Green Bay Packers. Favre was traded by the Green Bay Packers to the New York
    Jets. Anyone can be a Packer fan and still follow the exploits of any former Packer ...even and more likely if his name is Brett Favre. When Ted Thompson dealt Favre all bets and Packer loyalty was out the door.

To feel or infer that Brett Favre was a traitor is ' sour grapes in extreme '.

In Pro Sports and concerning the word...loyalty; and asn fans surely this isn't a NEWS BULLETIN:

In terms of a Pro athlete's career - ' player and team and loyalty seldom make a soup'.

This is the best thing I can write:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau