Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Members who are missed

Former Members who are missed

Recently, Bretsky started a thread in the GC about members who no longer post here, that are missed. I thought that was a great idea, and have read who each of you miss.

I didn't know some of them, I have gone back and read posts in the archive. Some of them it seems just wandered off, but others, left for a reason.

We can't be everything to everyone, but it'd be nice to at least know why that member moved on. I have been considering trying to find out, but don't have a relationship with most/all of these people.

Some of you do. If you're interested in reaching out to these "former" members, I will provide you with their registered email address here. Please note, that address can only be used for this purpose! You have to agree to not give it to anyone for any other reason!

Personal data is just that, and it needs to stay personal, ie. - site use ONLY.

If you're interested in helping, here's the list. Maybe we can compile a list of reasons and see if they make sense. Some of them we might be able to fix. I do know that we are considered "elitist" by other sites and not very welcoming of new members. I'm sure we lost a "bunch" of people over this. These folks are mostly well established, so it's probably not that, but should be interesting to hear the real reasons.

OregonPackerFan
    JoeMailman
    PIP...Pack in Patland
    GBR - GBRULZ?
    Madtown Packer
    Deputy Nutz
    GreenDay from JSO?... (did he ever register here?)
    Harlan Huckleby
    Mazzin (isn't she here occasionally?)
    TwoSeven
    b bulldog
    Tarlam!
    FavreChild
    jack's smirking revenge
    motife
    OS PA
    texaspackerbacker
    NewsBruin
    4 and 12 (? not sure, no user by this name?)

Feel free to add any additional members, post here or PM me if you're interested in reaching out like Bretsky offered. I think we'll only have one person approach them for now, we don't want to badger them.... lol

Thanks! Joe.

Re: Former Members who are missed

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator

He's here.

I, personally, miss Shamrock!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Great idea, Joe,

The user you're unsure of is 4and12to12and4. He disappeared very shortly after making the thread I bumped this morning. Probably best that 007 contact him...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

One of you computer brain wizards needs to develop an application that notifies fellow online community brethren when one kicks the bucket.

I would bet some of the people who have left have not done so of their own volition (cough, Tex, cough).
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

He's here.

He was so informative
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

He's here.

He was so informative
    GreenDay?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

He's here.

He was so informative

Yeah, but he was Harlan's lapdog.

He's here.

Ah, yes SHAMROCK FAN! Where o' where did he go?

Someone might want to check out recent activity, because some of these folks have been around. GBRulz has been here in the last week I am sure. b bulldog in the last month I would bet and PIP in last two months I would guess. None are as frequent as they previously had been.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't speak for nutz, but if I did, I would say Nutz finds the site to be boring with so few regular posters and the repetitious topics in the Packer area. He also had computer problems which prevented him from visiting for a while and he has recently undergone a career change which limits his posting time. But mostly it was the lack of new/interesting content in the Packer and RR sections, I believe. The next time I see him, I'll tell him to stop being such a pussy and post here himself to explain his feelings in greater detail.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

He's here.

Ah, yes SHAMROCK FAN! Where o' where did he go?
    I miss him too!

Have any on that list been banned?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I don't speak for nutz, but if I did, I would say Nutz finds the site to be boring with so few regular posters and the repetitious topics in the Packer area. He also had computer problems which prevented him from visiting for a while and he has recently undergone a career change which limits his posting time. But mostly it was the lack of new/interesting content in the Packer and RR sections, I believe. The next time I see him, I'll tell him to stop being such a pussy and post here himself to explain his feelings in greater detail.
    Career change? Testing dildos didn't work out for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Career change? Testing dildos didn't work out for him?
    He hired a nanny and ran away to the world of manual labor.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    One of you computer brain wizards needs to develop an application that notifies fellow online community brethren when one kicks the bucket.

I would bet some of the people who have left have not done so of their own volition (cough, Tex, cough).

Satan: Welcome to Hell!

Tex: You call this hot? Back in Texas it's been warmer than this on Easter Sunday.

Satan: Sorry. I had to cut a deal in Copenhagen or I was gonna lose the franchise. I tried telling them that our heat is theoretically zero emissions since we exist in another dimension but at that point the reporters all left my booth to...

Tex: Don't care. Can you explain to me why I'm here instead of Heaven? I know my rights.

Satan: Yeah, you are a special case. Technically you meet most of Heaven's requirements. The problem is that everyone decided you'd be happier here torturing others for eternity.

Tex: Yippee Damn! Where's my pitchfork?

Satan: It's right here. We've selected an eighty-two inch trident for you with a new Taser function. Tim Russert is here for the demonstration.

Tex: Yee haw! Let me at his liberal ass!

Satan: Forgive me. I forgot to mention that before your eternal reward in Hell can begin Tim Russert gets to poke your ass for 10,000 years in Purgatory.

Tim: Well howdy, Tex! If you wouldn't mind bending over we can get started before the commercial break.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I miss Cleft Crusty.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why the fuck am I on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Believe it or not, somebody missed you.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Believe it or not, somebody missed you.
    I miss Madtown about as much as I miss Bone Cancer.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That's exactly how I feel when I see the bad checks list.