View Poll Results: Who will the Packers draft in the first round?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

2 5.41%
  • Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

7 18.92%
  • Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

3 8.11%
  • Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

4 10.81%
  • Mike Lupati, OG, Idaho

2 5.41%
  • Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

5 13.51%
  • Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

6 16.22%
  • Taylor Mays, FS, So. Cal.

6 16.22%
  • Earl Thomas, CB, Texas

2 5.41%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Packerats 2010 Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494
    It still amazes me how loaded this draft is. If TT get an offer to trade down I think he has to take it to pick up another pick or two unless someone he really likes falls to 23rd.
    I think if Anthony Davis and Bulaga are still on the board when TT picks I'll pee my pants, I just don't see them dropping this far.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz
    It still amazes me how loaded this draft is. If TT get an offer to trade down I think he has to take it to pick up another pick or two unless someone he really likes falls to 23rd.
    I think if Anthony Davis and Bulaga are still on the board when TT picks I'll pee my pants, I just don't see them dropping this far.
    It could happen, no one saw Rodgers falling to us with the 24th pick.

i would try and hold off on the piss party if i were you

i think its safe to say that myself and bretsky were both peeing our pants when robert meachem was available when we picked

we took harrell, and meachen hasn't been that great so far

Top 10 Players available:

1. Brian Bulaga
    2. Taylor Mays
    3. Anthony Davis
    4. Everson Griffin
    5. Brandon Graham
    6. Maurkice Pouncey
    7. Ryan Matthews
    8. Golden Tate
    9. Kyle Wilson
    10. Sergio Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by red
    i would try and hold off on the piss party if i were you

i think its safe to say that myself and bretsky were both peeing our pants when robert meachem was available when we picked

we took harrell, and meachen hasn't been that great so far
    Maybe, but in the real draft there is a good possibility that Davis and Bulaga will be drafted in the top 10.
    Thanks Ted!

Its no doubt Bulaga will be a top 10-15 pick, but Davis has a chance to fall to us.

The Houston Texans have one major hurdle to overcome before people will take them seriously: beat Peyton Manning. They're a talented team, and it's not their fault that they ended up in a division with quite possibly the best quarterback of all time. Last year, they got very close on two occasions, and this roster is so talented that you have to start wondering whether the problem is coaching. I can't draft a coach here, so that's out.

Dunta Robinson's departure seems to be a crushing blow to the pass defense, as the Houston secondary doesn't have a lot of playmakers anyway. So Boise State's Kyle Wilson, the consensus #2 CB, is strongly considered here. I mean, after all, the man has his own RV:

However, Wilson doesn't seem to be to be capable of greatness, simply "very goodness", and "very goodness" isn't going to put the Texans over the hump.

Instead, the thing that the Texans are really missing is a big back. Steve Slaton had a good rookie season, but an underwhelming sophomore season, in part because he is tiny and frail and if you ask him to carry the load, he will snap like a twig. They tried to get a big back to carry the load a few years back, when they poached Ahman Green from the Packers, and the result of that is a policy to not sign backs over 30 anymore. Furthermore, while the Texans have a dynamic passing attack, capable of scoring a lot of points, the thing to stop P. Manning is to keep him off the field.

So to that end, the Texans select the best all-purpose running back in the draft, Fresno State's Ryan Matthews

Edit: Sorry about the lateness of this, I typed this up this morning, and then forgot to hit the "submit" button.
    </delurk>

joemailman is on the clock...
    Thanks Ted!

In the real world, Cincy would be looking to trade with someone looking to move up to draft Bulaga. That is not possible here. Some would say that the Bengals would have no interest in Bulaga since they are set at OT with Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith. However, some feel that Smith would actually be better at Guard, as was the case with Leonard Davis.

Therefore, the Cincinnati Bengals select the nearly undisputed best player available, and that is Brian Bulaga, OT Iowa.

The New England Patriots need a pass rush. Adalius Thomas has been a big disappointment in the hybrid DE/OLB role. Last year Belichick could have had Clay Matthews, but made the trade with the Packers. Not this time.

The New England Patriots select Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan

The Green Bay Packers are on the clock.

Senior Rat All-Pro Fred's Slacks's Avatar
    Wow, three players I really like going right before our pick. I thought we'd actually have a shot at Graham and Mathews. To me its a tough call between Davis and Mays.
    Fred's Slacks is a Winner!

With the way the board looks right now, I think the Packers only reasonable choices are:

Anthony Davis (highest ceiling of any OT available)
    Charles Brown (best ZBS OT available)
    Kyle Wilson (best CB available)
    Jerry Hughes (best pass rushing OLB available)
    Taylor Mays (best S available).

Someone like Jahvid Best could be a dark horse, but I think it's down to those five.

Interestingly enough, everybody by Mays, Kindle, and Pouncey from the initial poll has been picked.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64
    With the way the board looks right now, I think the Packers only reasonable choices are:

Anthony Davis (highest ceiling of any OT available)
    Charles Brown (best ZBS OT available)
    Kyle Wilson (best CB available)
    Jerry Hughes (best pass rushing OLB available)
    Taylor Mays (best S available).

Someone like Jahvid Best could be a dark horse, but I think it's down to those five.

Interestingly enough, everybody by Mays, Kindle, and Pouncey from the initial poll has been picked.
    I like Brown but I don't think I'd take him over Davis.
    I don't really know much about Wilson, as I haven't looked at Corners very closely.
    I've stated in another thread how I don't think Hughes gives us enough of an upgrade over Jones to take him at 23.

So that leaves Davis and Mays. Both excellent prospects. Both have bust potential. I like our chances better with Mays' attitude plus I have a lot more faith in Darren Perry then Campen. So even though I said Davis was a no-brainer in another thread, I actually think I'd take Mays (and hope like hell we can get Saffold, Veldheer or Tony Washington later).

Geeze, I don't love any of the guys here. This is the point, I'd hope for a Ted special.

Its no way the Bengals would take a OT with their 1st pick after taking Andre Smith last season. Even if they thought he could be moved to guard they have other positions of need they would have addressed before taking Bulaga. I believe they would have taken DT Brian Price, TE Jermaine Gresham, or S Taylor Mays in that spot. Doesn't really matter though since Bulaga would never fall this far in the draft.

Anyway here are the players we are looking at.....

Kyle Wilson-
    All-out playmaker. Excellent balance, footwork, instincts and overall coordination. Very good speed with fluid hips. Solid tackler. Excellent return man. Great press and off-coverage corner. Questionable size. Graded out very well during the Senior Bowl.
    Athony Davis-
    Great strength, size and length with long arms. Excellent footwork with very good quickness and agility for a man his size (6'6" 330lbs). Plays with very good balance while displaying tenacity and power. Keeps his feet moving and is a very good run blocker. Has played on a solid offensive line throughout college and he has been the anchor. Inconsistent technique and questionable work ethic and character. Ran a 5.38 at the combine with 21 reps on the bench (225 lbs).
    Jerry Hughes-
    Great tackler, very good instincts, creates fumbles, changes directions well, can chase down the quarterback in the backfield, gets low under the pads and uses a bullrush. Undersized, will need to switch to outside linebacker, trouble defending the run at him, needs to learn more pass rush moves.
    Taylor Mays-
    Big-time hitter who welcomes contact. Very good in run support and plays like a LB near the line of scrimmage - has LB size. Tall, athletic, powerful and extremely physical. Liability in the pass game - has tight hips, takes poor angles and has limited ball skills. More of an athlete than a football player. Ran an impressive 4.43 at the combine with 24 reps on the bench (225 lbs).
    Honestly each one of these players would improve our team but I think Kyle Wilson is the best choice here. Charles Woodson is not getting any younger and we have no idea what type of player Al Harris will be when he comes back from ACL injury at the age of 35. Tramon Williams is a good player but after that we really have no one at CB that is proven. Kyle Wilson would also improve our kick returning game that was one of the worst in the league last season.

I feel like my wife picking an outfit...I keep changing my mind.

We've needed a true LT prospect for too long and Davis is too good to pass at this point. I don't believe he will be available at 23 when this thing is for real but if he is (and Bulaga isn't), then he's gotta be the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's Slacks
    I feel like my wife picking an outfit...I keep changing my mind.

We've needed a true LT prospect for too long and Davis is too good to pass at this point. I don't believe he will be available at 23 when this thing is for real but if he is (and Bulaga isn't), then he's gotta be the pick.
    Yea but he has character issues which TT is big on. I agree it would be hard to pass on his talent but I don't want some fat slub who only cares about getting his money. I want a football player.

Its no way the Bengals would take a OT with their 1st pick after taking Andre Smith last season. Even if they thought he could be moved to guard they have other positions of need they would have addressed before taking Bulaga. I believe they would have taken DT Brian Price, TE Jermaine Gresham, or S Taylor Mays in that spot. Doesn't really matter though since Bulaga would never fall this far in the draft.
    I was really close to making Mays the pick here, but felt Bulaga was too good to pass up. Figure they can get a guy like Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen in Round 2. Gresham would have been a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I was really close to making Mays the pick here, but felt Bulaga was too good to pass up. Figure they can get a guy like Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen in Round 2. Gresham would have been a reach.
    Agreed, I could see them passing on Campell and Davis even Trent Wiliams but Bulaga is too good to pass at that point IMO.

Yea but he has character issues which TT is big on. I agree it would be hard to pass on his talent but I don't want some fat slub who only cares about getting his money. I want a football player.

This post, and the one before it are exactly what I'm thinking, almost word for word, strangely.

I'm with Kyle Wilson too. He's another guy I see as a great player. Getting a star corner does not hurt this team, especially when he also happens to be one of the best returners in this draft class. Actually, it's one of our greatest needs. Now we're an OT some pass rush and safety depth or starter away from filling our biggest needs.

I like Hughes too, I just have such a hard time projecting a DE into OLB. Just what I know, I think Wilson is the safer pick and still loaded with upside.

Woodson, Williams, Wilson. . . Yeah. I feel good about the present and future of that group. Didn't feel that way before the pick so it's a big pick up for us.