• KIND OF CARE; Will watch if conveninent or if we're doing well

7 22.58%
  • GREAT EVENT and STOKED TO WATCH MUCH OF IT

15 48.39%
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD CUP

Blog Entries

WORLD CUP

What is your attitude towards the World Cup ?

Do you not give a crap ?
    Mild Interest and will watch if nothing else is on or USA is doing well
    Stoked
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

what is the world cup?

love it

by far the biggest sporting event in the world

Blog Entries
    Could Care less

I'd choose to watch Ping Pong over Soccer
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The first choice is too hostile to describe my lack of interest; it implies an active annoyance rather than my passive disregard for the event.

I voted the middle option under the assumption that my attention could conceivably be drawn toward the World Cup should the stands be set on fire by hooligans or dwarfs were tossed onto the field, causing the match to be shortened.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Whenever the best of the best get together on the worlds great stages it's always a good time. It's like the Olympics - I don't follow swimming or figure skating or bobsledding or track and field other than every 4 years when the worlds greatest athletes get together and compete on the worlds biggest stage. Same with the World Cup. I'll follow it until it's over, and then I probably won't care for soccer anymore until they play it again 4 years from now.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Could Care less

it's definately an acquired taste

give the first game (the one about to start), and the one tomorrow between the US and England a try

its the atmosphere that hooked me. the crowds chanting and singing and going nuts

I'm really looking forward to seeing it. If security-wise everything is OK, it should become a great spectacle.

BTW, my favorite soccer team recently signed an american; Sacha Kljestan. He just missed the USA squad. Anybody knows if he's any good?

Quote Originally Posted by red
    its the atmosphere that hooked me. the crowds chanting and singing and going nuts
    I hope there won't be that constant vuvuzela-horn sound. Drives me crazy...

I thought Real Salt Lake already won. Anyway, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah
    I hope there won't be that constant vuvuzela-horn sound. Drives me crazy...
    i hate those too, unfortunately i have a feeling we'll hear a lot of it in this game

Blog Entries
    Could Care less

give the first game (the one about to start), and the one tomorrow between the US and England a try

can't do it; I'd be slightly more interested in chick soccer so my imagination could run and I could theorize on which ones were having fun with each other.

If they made the title game I think I might be able to watch part of it.

For what it's worth I do really admire these guys as they have great endurance and talent....it just bores me.

I would watch Soccer over Golf, I think....but there are not many more

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swede
    The first choice is too hostile to describe my lack of interest; it implies an active annoyance rather than my passive disregard for the event.

I voted the middle option under the assumption that my attention could conceivably be drawn toward the World Cup should the stands be set on fire by hooligans or dwarfs were tossed onto the field, causing the match to be shortened.
    We are probably the same; I'm not at all annoyed. Just apathetic.

It really depends on the style of play...if it's an attacking game it's fantastic to watch but the defensive chess matches can be real snooz-fests.

I want the US to win one of these some day.....the nationalist in me wants that bad.

I'm fascinated by some of the really crazy history in "football" and the local club history and wild traditions are fascinating.

Read How soccer explains the world, Football against the enemy, or all played out and you'll see what I mean.
    C.H.U.D.

Could Care less

I usually watch some of it. I agree with Red that the spectacle of the crowds are a big part of it. Nothing else like it is sports.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

My son is playing soccer now. He's 7. I try to play with him for an hour or so after work most days. It's a really fun sport and a great work out.

We always had him in baseball, but I missed the signup deadline this year, so we ended up with soccer. I couldn't be happier though. The games a are a lot of fun to watch. There is so much action. He really likes playing.

I don't follow a team or anything like that, but I think it's a really cool sport. Fun to play, a really great workout and a lot of fun to watch my son play. I'll watch some world cup soccer this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    My son is playing soccer now. He's 7. I try to play with him for an hour or so after work most days. It's a really fun sport and a great work out.

We always had him in baseball, but I missed the signup deadline this year, so we ended up with soccer. I couldn't be happier though. The games a are a lot of fun to watch. There is so much action. He really likes playing.

I don't follow a team or anything like that, but I think it's a really cool sport. Fun to play, a really great workout and a lot of fun to watch my son play. I'll watch some world cup soccer this year.
    Every kid should play soccer...or ultimate Frisbee. Great exercise!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I wonder if Diego Maradona's ego is going to screw Messi some how....deny him the glory that would surpass his World Cup feats.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I wonder if Diego Maradona's ego is going to screw Messi some how....deny him the glory that would surpass his World Cup feats.
    Maradonna has already said that he considers Messi a greater football player than himself. I have no doubt that he will do everything within his coaching power to make this team succeed. Football is not just a sport in Argentina. It's everything. I only doubt Maradonna's capacities as a coach.

2 games in the bag up until this point. SA-MEX was pretty entertaining. Great great goal by Shabalala.

FRA-URU was boring as hell. France was the superior team but due to their lousy coach they played a tactic that couldn't succeed; they have great wingers but no one from the midfield who arrives in the penalty area to make use of these crosses from the flanks. Combine this with URU who were happy with a 0-0 and you get 90' of boredom.

Blog Entries
    gave it a half hour; I'm done. Fan stuff is cool, althogh from a TV it sounds like a combo of a ton of swarming bees and Vikings Horns blowing constantly

Just too boring