• IT'S SOCCER.....WHO CARES ???

9 29.03%
  • KIND OF CARE; Will watch if conveninent or if we're doing well

7 22.58%
  • GREAT EVENT and STOKED TO WATCH MUCH OF IT

15 48.39%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD CUP

i was pretty disgusted by the amount of flopping the dutch were doing early on. it clearly screwed with the heads of the brazillians.

its sad that acting was a major part of that outcome. robben should have gotten stomped in the nuts, not just the back of the leg, guy would act like he was shot everytime another player got within 3 yards of him

that was everything that is wrong with soccer IMO. cowardly win by the dutch

Senior Rat HOFer
    Yeah, agreed Red, but the fault still lies with Brazil for that loss. You gotta maintain discipline regardless what your opponent is doing. Don't allow them to fuck with your heads. Ever. Play your game, not theirs. Brazil didn't do that and now they're going home. They have nobody to blame but themselves.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

F*cking hell I feel bad for Ghana. If Suarez doesn't get a suspension that INCLUDES the final, football loses its credibility. Reflex or not, he just took away a sure goal of Ghana in the last minute and gets celebrated like a hero afterwards. Understandable, but disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah
    F*cking hell I feel bad for Ghana. If Suarez doesn't get a suspension that INCLUDES the final, football loses its credibility. Reflex or not, he just took away a sure goal of Ghana in the last minute and gets celebrated like a hero afterwards. Understandable, but disgusting.
    The ugly nationalist in me wanted Ghana to go down after knocking the USA out the way they did but not like that......Suarez did what he did but fuck....knock it home on the penalty for Pet's sake.

Amazing games though....the spectacle that is the worlds cup!
    C.H.U.D.

German domination.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    German domination.
    very scary, man they're good

Quote Originally Posted by red
    German domination.
    very scary, man they're good
    Spain has a great goalkeeper but if Germany plays the way it has he'll be hard pressed to keep balls out of the back of the net.

Did Mueller get a card that will keep him out against Spain?
    C.H.U.D.

They are scary good, indeed, but if there's one team who can beats them, it's Spain. The spanjards will just keep the ball to themselves and let the Germans run. Unfortunately the Germans won't mind and will not stop running.

The team who scores first, will win it.

GO PARAGUAY.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah
    They are scary good, indeed, but if there's one team who can beats them, it's Spain. The spanjards will just keep the ball to themselves and let the Germans run. Unfortunately the Germans won't mind and will not stop running.

The team who scores first, will win it.
    This isn't the same German team that lost to Spain in Vienna two years ago.

This is a bunch of young guns that were being highly criticised by "experts" in this country before the start of the tournament. The fact that Miro Klose and Lukas Podolski were even nominated despite atrocious form in the Bundisliga, while other extremely hot players e.g. Kevin Kuranyi were passed over was the stuff of many bar room brawls.

Then Michael Ballack (Team Captian) falling victim to a hideous foul in his final game for Chelsea and being kept out of the world cup (by Ghana's - who happened to be in the same group as Germany - Boateng).

This team was viewed very, very sceptically. They are a team without any super stars, but have enchanted the German public with their style of soccer. It has been declared revolutionary even evolutionary and is a complete and overwhelming surprise to any knowledgable soccer fan/ expert.

Germany did not expect this. Not one bit.

After watching Germany demoralize an English squad spicked with soccer gurus, I and many here, were pleasantly surprised and enthusiastic. After witnessing the precise dismantling of the tournament favourites Argentina, with their God-like coach, for whom the players would gladly sacrifice their left nut, I and many others are in sheer disbelief.

Germany has never seen soccer played like this before. Not from their national team. Nor, form any other team. Ever. I dare anyone to make a comparison of any of the previous great teams:
    Brazil? No, the energy level wasn't there to compliment the fun factor.
    Italy, France? Germany lacks the individual brilliance most Italian squads have traditionally been peppered with or the stauch back four France's '98 team.

This team plays with the cheek of Cameroon's 1990 squad, but has the disclipine in defense to go beyond a footnote in this World Cup.

Their's is the unique combination of youthful, fun-loving, staunchly self-confident, nothing-to-lose soccer. Obviously, they are far more skilled than any of the previous, discipline-dominated German squads. Today's German soccer is truth.

Of course they are beatable and Serbia demonstrated early in the tournament just how to do so. Spain will need to disrupt their passing game early. They will need to close down the flanks. They will need to occupy Schweinsteiger with two players and prohibit him finding his best friend, Podolski on the left.

But, by doing so, the will leave the right side open and that means interim captain Philp Lahm can go on an orgy attacking on the right. Spain will be helped immensely on that side with young Müller being suspended (2 yellow cards) and Germany will sorely miss his effervesencse.

On the other hand, Spain played miserable, boring, predictable, bland soccer against Paraguy and were lucky to win. They will need to hope the German team has gone meglomaniacal (like Argentina before their mighty fall) and they will need to bring their AAA+++ game as well.

If the Germans haven't let the Agentine drubbing (don't cry for me) go to their heads, Spain doesn't stand a chance. That's a huge if; remember, these are just a bunch of kids.

What a crazy, crazy game today. The Orange are damn lucky to have made it out after having a two goal lead at the end.
    C.H.U.D.

that first goal was just one of the most beautiful shots i've ever seen

tons of power and placed perfectly

i would love to cheer for the dutch but i'm just so turned off by all their flopping

Quote Originally Posted by red
    that first goal was just one of the most beautiful shots i've ever seen

tons of power and placed perfectly

i would love to cheer for the dutch but i'm just so turned off by all their flopping
    Gotta love the lefties. The first goals from both teams were great shots.
    C.H.U.D.

Something more to cheer for.

http://deadspin.com/5580523/uhhhgo-netherlands
    C.H.U.D.

where do you sign up?

GO NETHERLANDS....

this pretty much sums up how i feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

Spain is completely controlling things in the second half. It will be amazing if Germany somehow manages to win this. Still, it only takes one...
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

wow, that was an all out defensive clamp down by spain

glad torres was benched, i watched quite a few liverpool games this year and the world cup games and i just don't see anything to that makes me think he's special in any way what-so-ever

Germany missed Mueller today.
    C.H.U.D.