15 48.39%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD CUP

the refs today in both games so far have been pathetic

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    the refs today in both games so far have been pathetic
    Agreed.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Senior Rat HOFer
    Though the game has gotten much more interesting

WTF just happened??????????????????

why the hell was that disallowed?

absolutely horrible

Senior Rat HOFer
    Robbed. That was the worst call of the World Cup disallowing that goal. Disgusting officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
    Robbed. That was the worst call of the World Cup disallowing that goal. Disgusting officiating.
    you really have to question the motive of the refs after what have happened to us and germany today

you really have to question the motive of the refs after what have happened to us and germany today
    Robbed indeed. I don't think it's a matter of motives, just not having a good ref can do that to you. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah
    Robbed indeed. I don't think it's a matter of motives, just not having a good ref can do that to you. What a shame.
    i don't know, its more then just bad

there was no offsides
    we did not foul anywhere, not even close
    and at least 2 or 3 of our guys were being fouled on the play and should have resulted in a penalty kick

there was absolutely nothing there to be called on us, and plenty to be called on the other team

i don't know, its more then just bad

there was no offsides
    we did not foul anywhere, not even close
    and at least 2 or 3 of our guys were being fouled on the play and should have resulted in a penalty

there was absolutely nothing there to be called on us, and plenty to be called on the other team
    You are 100% right, but I think it's just a bad ref, not that he's having a secret agenda.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Does FIFA usually make statements to the media concerning specific questionable calls? I'd be very interested in hearing an explaination as to what happened there. I'm not usually one to blame a ref for a loss or a tie in any sport, especially one that takes 90 minutes of play to finish, but the GW being disallowed at nearly 90 minutes for no apparent reason is absolutely ridiculous.

Does FIFA usually make statements to the media concerning specific questionable calls? I'd be very interested in hearing an explaination as to what happened there. I'm not usually one to blame a ref for a loss or a tie in any sport, especially one that takes 90 minutes of play to finish, but the GW being disallowed at nearly 90 minutes for no apparent reason is absolutely ridiculous.
    Nope. If a mistake like that happens, usually the referee is no longer invited for other matches in the tournament. This will definately be this man's last game. Sucks for USA though.

BTW Red, if there was any agenda, it would favor the USA instead of midget Slovenia. We had a similar situation with Belgium where we lost 1-0 to Brasil and a goal was denied without valid reason. That's life without instant replay I guess, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by wootah
    Nope. If a mistake like that happens, usually the referee is no longer invited for other matches in the tournament. This will definately be this man's last game. Sucks for USA though.

BTW Red, if there was any agenda, it would favor the USA instead of midget Slovenia. We had a similar situation with Belgium where we lost 1-0 to Brasil and a goal was denied without valid reason. That's life without instant replay I guess, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    Horrible call....was it a mistake or did the guy have a grudge for whatever reason? Time to break out the waterboards.

There was absolutely no reason for the guy to flag that play. BS but that's how it goes.....stranger things have happened after all.

Great game though....the US team showed some balls and should have won against a pretty good team. Hopefully we make it out and can do some real damage.
    C.H.U.D.

For those of us who don't know all the rules, what constitutes offsides in that situation?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Did we win ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Did we win ?
    no we got screwed big time

the ref made a phantom call on us that took away the winning goal with a few minutes left in the game

if the goal would have stood it would have been one of the more impressive come from behind victories in world cup history

the ref is under huge fine. sounds like FIFA is having an emergency review of the game tape and that its likely he won't be doing anymore world cup games

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Did we win ?
    do they keep score?

Maybe he saw this holding, and got the uniforms mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    For those of us who don't know all the rules, what constitutes offsides in that situation?
    If you're an offensive player who doesn't have the ball you have to have at least two defenders (including the goalie) between you and the opponents' goal. If the ball comes to you or if you otherwise get involved in the play and there are not two defenders between you and the goal, then you are offsides. Here is a pretty good explanation for what is sometimes a subjective call: http://www.offside-ref.co.uk/laws/11...rule/detailed/

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Maybe he saw this holding, and got the uniforms mixed up.

that was just one of the holds

I counted 4 of our players being held up and that kick, including one that was taken down

the amazing thing is how fast the whistle was blown. the ball was in mid flight, so taking into account reaction time, he had to have seen something right when the ball was being kicked

correction, 5, 5 players being held. watch this video and you can see them all

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

3 were being held in from of edu, one of which being wrapped up and thrown to the ground. and 2 behind edu being held. all of those could have been called, but the ref decided to call something that didn't happen