Thread: Swine Flu Where You Live?

Swine Flu Where You Live?

What is the prevalence of Swine Flu where you live? Are you having school closures, etc.?

Here in Oregon we have had 17 confirmed cases of Swine Flu. This past weekend, Western Oregon University(in Dallas, OR) was closed as a student was confirmed to carry the virus.

An elementary school west of Portland(Cornelius) also closed as they had a couple of students confirmed to carry the virus.

Senior Rat HOFer
    I heard there were only a handful of confirmed cases here in Milwaukee, but still several dozen unconfirmed yet suspected cases.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

If my kid were in high school, he'd be off right now. We have probable cases, folks.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Not up here yet...but I'm going to Portland this weekend so I'll probably get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    If my kid were in high school, he'd be off right now. We have probable cases, folks.

goddamn panicked parent.

The hundred or so people in the U.S. who have contracted swine flu had very mild symptoms, it wasn't even bad by flu standards. (There is one exception, a baby who came from Mexico died in Texas, but hard to say why that case went that way.)

Swine is scary for what it MIGHT become in 6 months or so. So far, people who have swine flu have the equivalent of a flu shot.

Back when Packers gave a rat's ass about PackerRats pandemics.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...led-swine-flu/
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

With everybody putting lipstick on pigs for this last election, something was bound to happen.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm just glad I finally got my Gardasil.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

goddamn panicked parent.

The hundred or so people in the U.S. who have contracted swine flu had very mild symptoms, it wasn't even bad by flu standards. (There is one exception, a baby who came from Mexico died in Texas, but hard to say why that case went that way.)

Swine is scary for what it MIGHT become in 6 months or so. So far, people who have swine flu have the equivalent of a flu shot.
    Like that was our decision. Like we want perfectly healthy children home for 2 weeks needing daycare
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

goddamn panicked parent.

Like that was our decision. Like we want perfectly healthy children home for 2 weeks needing daycare
    The little angels don't stay little for long. The grow up so fast. Treasure these gifts.

Swine flu has been downgraded to "the flu." School's back on and they said that if your kid is sick, to keep him home.