Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
This caught my eye about Calhoun: "As a newspaper reporter and team secretary..."

My, how times have changed. I know that was a kind of conflict of interest, but I used to enjoy the more descriptive, less antagonistic renderings of the game stories. You know, the old "Two storied teams took to the field Sunday against the autumn gold background of Lambeau Field" and all that.
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.

A cyclone can’t be snared. It may be surrounded, but somewhere it breaks through to keep on going. When the cyclone starts from South Bend, where the candle lights still gleam through the Indiana sycamores, those in the way must take to storm cellars at top speed." -Grantland Rice

You mean like that?