Thread: 2-4... 6, 8 who do we appreciate

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

2-4... 6, 8 who do we appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by urinalscented
    With the Packers aligned in their nickel defense — two linemen, four linebackers, five defensive backs — the coverage assignments were dictated in part by the movement of Forte, whose route would determine which player was responsible for the running back. When Forte leaked out into the flat, Hyde went with him and Matthews was free to drop into coverage over the middle of the field.
    Key interception came in the 2-4. Unsound!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You can't teach speed. That was a great drop. I have no idea if Forte was the read or not, but Jay didn't either.

Looked to me like it was a zone drop intended to fool the QB because Matthews went back and to his left. Regardless, it was lovely.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Looks like Forte is supposed to be the entire offense this year. They were doing a lot of Brian Westbrook type stuff. Moving him around, putting him in motion, and letting him run every route in the tree in addition to shouldering the load on the ground.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I'm rather surprised we only got one INT. Cutlet, even after all these years, stares down his intended receiver and that was why Clay could jump the route and snag that pass.