Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrell thinks he tore his ACL

Guys dream about this their whole lives. He made it to the NFL. Even played well when he got on the field, just couldn't stay there. It's one of those moments when you feel bad, but at the same time, watch to see what he'll do if they don't keep him...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

on his facebook, jarius posted about "going back to work tomorrow"
    this was about an hour ago.... probably Ted and co. called his ass up right when Harrell got hurt in the 1st Quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Quote Originally Posted by th87
    A good guy who's career may have ended as a result of horrible luck, and you guys are here laughing and sarcastically minimizing the extent of his injury.

Sorry your self-esteem is that low.
    Agree...I have to think an entire almost 2 years of taking it easy made his body a bit weaker than it might have been. Sometimes when guys get in a rut they can't get out. Feel bad for Justin, and all of us packer fans who could use another DL to cheer for.
    Ligaments don't get tougher playing football. And he has probably been working out off-field as much as any of his teammates.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sucks for Harrell. He was doing alright so if he can come to camp next year and compete, let him have at it. Decent big men are hard to find and it's not like a RB/CB etc. Not sure I would have had him in on FGs though, just stick with the DL rotation to see how he holds up ><. Wynn is still out there if Harrell goes to IR, he must really have some bad tape on him to not be picked up :P

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packers04
    this was about an hour ago.... probably Ted and co. called his ass up right when Harrell got hurt in the 1st Quarter.
    think he was collecting unemployment? one more job created.

I really feel bad for Harrell. You can tell from his interviews that he really felt the sting from the fans and generally felt like he owed the Packers. Best of luck.
    Go PACK

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    I really feel bad for Harrell. You can tell from his interviews that he really felt the sting from the fans and generally felt like he owed the Packers. Best of luck.
    Please do not feel too bad as JH has already pocketed millions. JH is full of injury bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha
    Please do not feel too bad as JH has already pocketed millions. JH is full of injury bad luck.
    I understand that some people feel this way, but I still feel bad for him. If he came across as a douche/asshole I would feel the way you do, but he always came across to me as a hard-working kid who couldn't shake his injuries. He also seemed very self-aware as far as how he was viewed.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha
    I understand that some people feel this way, but I still feel bad for him. If he came across as a douche/asshole I would feel the way you do, but he always came across to me as a hard-working kid who couldn't shake his injuries. He also seemed very self-aware as far as how he was viewed.
    Bill Michaels said a year ago that if you ever met Harrell it sure wouldn't be hard to pull for the guy. He said the disappointment Harrell showed about his career was as genuine as it gets. He said the pain was visible in his eyes when he talked about what had happened, and how badly he wanted to play.

Now this.

I feel really awful for the guy. As a couple others have pointed out, when the guy did get on the field, he was effective. I also don't care for the way the JSO dismissed the injury as unimportant in its article on injuries from the game.

The guy was in the rotation. Imagine having him and Neal as backups this season. That would m ake for a powerful offensive line and help greatly the defensive backfield. It was a piece of bad luck for Harrell and the team. Not as bad as injuries to other players; nonetheless, it was important.

I'm going to be in the minority, probably, but I'm going to agree with gbgary and say put the guy on injured reserve, and bring him back next year. You have very little to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    I feel really awful for the guy. As a couple others have pointed out, when the guy did get on the field, he was effective. I also don't care for the way the JSO dismissed the injury as unimportant in its article on injuries from the game.

The guy was in the rotation. Imagine having him and Neal as backups this season. That would m ake for a powerful offensive line and help greatly the defensive backfield. It was a piece of bad luck for Harrell and the team. Not as bad as injuries to other players; nonetheless, it was important.

I'm going to be in the minority, probably, but I'm going to agree with gbgary and say put the guy on injured reserve, and bring him back next year. You have very little to lose.
    Good post Fritz (except offensive line?).

I will join the minority and hope they bring him back next year.

i don't agree with bringing him back. move on from him and draft some more help on the d-line

this isn't just a recent little problem for him, this is something that dates all the way back to high school. and we're not talking about little nagging injuries that he can learn to play through. we're talking major injuries that happen almost every year for the past 10 years or so.

the kids body just wasn't built to play football or carry all that weight or something

you could bring him back to camp next year but i don't see how you can give him a roster spot over another guy and rely on him to stay healthy

Bad luck on the field but you'll always be a Packer...unless you become a Viking player I'm guessing though that JT's got more than just a pocketful of change from his NFL experience.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by packers04
    I would sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk
    Bad luck on the field but you'll always be a Packer...unless you become a Viking player
    Heh heh

The list of ex-Packers who haven't been invited to play for the Vikings keeps growing smaller.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

been looking around for a story all morning and don't see anything. Has the team announced anything related to him yet?

it's official

torn ACL, done for the year
    grant will also miss this weeks game

MM at his press conference today confirmed Harrell is out for the season (ACL).

I’ll start off with the two significant injuries that occurred in yesterday’s football game. Justin Harrell suffered an ACL injury. He will be placed on IR. Justin will be lost for the season. And Ryan Grant also had a significant ankle injury. We’re still in the process of gathering all of the information. I know Ryan will not be available this week against Buffalo. I really do not have a timetable because we’re still doing more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by red
    it's official

torn ACL, done for the year
    grant will also miss this weeks game
    Thanks, I just found McCarthy's press transcript like 5 minutes ago. Sucks. I thought he'd get hurt before the 1st preseason game, then I started to believe that it might be like Mike Flanagan's career where finally he got it turned around. Not so.

(How’s Justin Harrell?)
    I’ll start off with the two significant injuries that occurred in yesterday’s football game. Justin Harrell suffered an ACL injury. He will be placed on IR. Justin will be lost for the season. And Ryan Grant also had a significant ankle injury. We’re still in the process of gathering all of the information. I know Ryan will not be available this week against Buffalo. I really do not have a timetable because we’re still doing more testing.

well dang it. let him rehab that puppy and make him play in knee braces (plural) and maybe he'll be ok. one more chance.