Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
Wow 31, sorry to hear but it sounds like you got hornswaggled.

Morals of the story:

If you're not "gettin' any" from your lover - someone else is.

Don't spend a shit ton of $$ on gifts for others, especially if you aren't incredibly wealthy. Buy gifts for yourself instead.

When you move out of a place, and your name is not on the lease, do not continue to pay rent or bills at that place.

When you move out of said place, take all your stuff with you immediately, even if you have to find additional storage.

And of course...

If your lady asks you to spend $600.00 of YOUR $$ for a pair of shoes, the answer should be "no". Then you should immediately contemplate the validity of said relationship.

Did I miss any?
The loss here is not the money. I've known this girl for 11 years. By now she is a close friend of the family and both our lives will be very different now.

The guy she dated before me knocked her up and that's ultimately what this is about. Because of this they were always forced to stay in contact because they have joint custody (although I told her not to agree to that at the time). Her daughter is almost 3 now and is more of a little girl and less of a baby so she felt the desire to "rebuild her family." Part of me is surprised that this guy even took her back since she left him for me which ultimately resulted in taking away his daughter for a good amount of the time. I can only guess that he doesn't have much self-respect and wants to see his daughter more. Probably doesn't hurt that the girl in question is a 10.

I'm not a parent and thus might not understand the logic involved here but i'm sure their are lessons to learn.