Thread: $600 Shoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    We broke up. Once I got back from Alaska we moved to Milwaukee and things were good for a while but eventually she started getting frigid and strange with me. I asked her about her behavior and she told me that she was starting to grow curious about the guy she had dated before me. We decided to take a break and I moved in with a friend. I left a lot of my things over there that I wouldn't need LCD TV, laptop, etc. so she would have something to do after I was gone. She got the apt while I was in Alaska for the summer so the lease was only in her name but because I love her and wanted to help out, I continued to pay my half since she would never be able to afford the place on her own. We continued to talk and see each other regularly and it seemed like we were on the ups.

Dec 16th was her birthday and I called her and we had a nice talk. That evening I gave her a call and I didn't respond. I fell asleep and woke up at 3:00 AM. I watched shitty night TV for an hour and then turned it off and tried to sleep. My mind wandered and I started wondering about her. When I realized I wasn't going to fall back asleep, I drove over there to see if her car was home. It was. Then I spotted the car of the aforementioned guy before me. I came back later that morning and rang the buzzer until someone let me in to her building. Then knocked at her door until she answered. She said I couldn't come in because she had a "guest." I told her I just needed to grab some stuff and I started packing up my things. She was embarrassed, angry that I was there, and guilty at what I had caught her doing. As I was packing up my things I caught a glimpse of the guy in boxers. I told her that I wouldn't be back and I'd prefer it if I never saw her or spoke with her again. She cried and I left.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    We broke up. I told her that I wouldn't be back and I'd prefer it if I never saw her or spoke with her again. She cried and I left.
    That really sucks. Like really.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    You're telling me. I never thought something like this would ever happen to me.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You're telling me. I never thought something like this would ever happen to me.

Congratulations for getting to get on with your life without having made a BIG mistake. Yeah, you're probably hurting, but she did you a big favor. A huge favor.

Sounds like it needed to happen, whether it sucked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Sounds like it needed to happen, whether it sucked or not.
    Absolutely. But having been through it, it sucks. Important to remember it's a womAn problem, not a womEn problem.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Absolutely. But having been through it, it sucks. Important to remember it's a womAn problem, not a womEn problem.
    zig, you had a woman break your heart? better not let Bretsky know about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    zig, you had a woman break your heart? better not let Bretsky know about this!
    Yes. She slept with my boyfriend. Her husband wasn't too happy about the idea either.

Disqualified. Somebody else will have to start it now.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.