Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $600 Shoes

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    One thought about your lady and the $600 shoes -

Sometimes the ladies will attempt to get you to do "something" to make them feel like you really "love" them. Or to gauge how much you "value" them and your relationship. It's sort of an ego-power play.

IF this is the case - then a possible way out of spending the $600 is for you to simply devise a creative way of showing her how much she is worth/loved to you that hits her in the heart instead of hitting you in your wallet. Use your knowledge of her personal favorite things and tailor your "showing" around them. She'll feel extra special and loved because you were thoughtful and obviously listen to her. You'll feel awesome because you saved $600.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass
    One thought about your lady and the $600 shoes -

Sometimes the ladies will attempt to get you to do "something" to make them feel like you really "love" them. Or to gauge how much you "value" them and your relationship. It's sort of an ego-power play.

IF this is the case - then a possible way out of spending the $600 is for you to simply devise a creative way of showing her how much she is worth/loved to you that hits her in the heart instead of hitting you in your wallet. Use your knowledge of her personal favorite things and tailor your "showing" around them. She'll feel extra special and loved because you were thoughtful and obviously listen to her. You'll feel awesome because you saved $600.
    I think I know what you are getting at. You want me to shave my pubes in the shape of a heart and dye them bright red. We'll give it a go.

No this is more about shoes than love.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

let her get the shoes. Then you get this :

If you play it right, like i did, she will actually be as enthusiastic as you are:

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey

If you play it right, like i did, she will actually be as enthusiastic as you are:

why settle for the base model? no towing package? must be a city truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
    I told her that she's the same age as Tramon Williams but that didn't seem to cheer her up as much as I thought it would..
    Ok that seriously made me LOL

I feel your pain though... my girl is pretty low maintenance but every now and then surprises me with some "crazy" thing she wants. We went picking out some sunglasses for her birthday (without looking at prices) and the ones she wanted turned out to be $480 Tiffany's. Can't imagine buying something like that for myself, but I am kind of a sneaker freak and spend a lot of money golfing so I guess she felt OK going with those

ive got the same one... all black. sick truck (my first one)

she hates it and wants me to buy her one of those stupid two door toyota truck things

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey

why settle for the base model? no towing package? must be a city truck.
    Its an FX4, base model would not have a painted bumper. FX4 admonishes chrome in favor a more rugged look. 20" Tires, max towing package, 5.4 v8. BTW, I love the new 6 speed transmission in the 2010. Would have loved to get the 6.5 foot bed, but the garage was not quite long enough to accommodate. Added a spray in bedliner right away.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I was married for 4 years and was with my ex for a total of 9...bought so many Coach Purses they sent cards on my birthday. Purses they use everyday and give you capital to purchase what you want or go on a guys weekend. $600 shoes are something that she wears three times and then decides they look good in the closet. F THAT

No way. Let her buy those shoes if she wants them.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Its impossible to make sense of some people's preferences, and in a relationship its probably dangerous as well for personal items. The $600 version might be better made, or it might all be for the label. I can buy a pair of Men's shoes for $25 bucks and I'll be buying another $25 pair in 3 months if I wear them regularly. Or I could spend $125 on a much better pair, get them resoled for $35 every 6 months and keep them for years.

But in the end, none of that is important if those shoes are important to her. The only two legitimate questions are: "Does it fit the budget?" And "Is this some kind of crazy test that I will be repeating to prove she is still attractive enough every passing year?"

And really, who cares about the second question if the answer to the first question is yes? Its only when the first question is a no that trouble must be navigated.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Re: $600 Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
    My lady wants to spend my money on a $600 pair of shoes. She's had her eye on them for years so at least its not impulse. That's pretty wild but here's what I want your opinion on the next part.

I managed to find knockoffs of the same shoes for $100. I showed them to her and she was completely turned off because "they're not real." She equated buying those shoes to buying cubic zirconia jewelry. I guess I felt like it was more like buying a synthetic diamond... if synthetic diamonds were cheap.

She's a psycho right?

Run for your life. Don't think. Run.

$6300 suit? COME ON!

*Disclaimer - knowledge of Arrested Development required
    "My problems with him are his vision and tendency to dance instead of pounding a hole." - Harvey Wallbangers

Leave her now!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    White boys are fucking stupid!

I'm Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    $6300 suit? COME ON!

*Disclaimer - knowledge of Arrested Development required

love it +1

i love how the value of the suit goes up every time he talks to someone in that episode

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm Mexican.
    I dont know what color your skin is but trust me you're not Mexican.

My skin is white. She's white too. She's got the shoes too by the way. Honestly I wish I loved anything as much as she loves shoes.

My skin is white. She's white too. She's got the shoes too by the way. Honestly I wish I loved anything as much as she loves shoes.
    Ummmm...the Packers?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

We broke up. Once I got back from Alaska we moved to Milwaukee and things were good for a while but eventually she started getting frigid and strange with me. I asked her about her behavior and she told me that she was starting to grow curious about the guy she had dated before me. We decided to take a break and I moved in with a friend. I left a lot of my things over there that I wouldn't need LCD TV, laptop, etc. so she would have something to do after I was gone. She got the apt while I was in Alaska for the summer so the lease was only in her name but because I love her and wanted to help out, I continued to pay my half since she would never be able to afford the place on her own. We continued to talk and see each other regularly and it seemed like we were on the ups.

Dec 16th was her birthday and I called her and we had a nice talk. That evening I gave her a call and I didn't respond. I fell asleep and woke up at 3:00 AM. I watched shitty night TV for an hour and then turned it off and tried to sleep. My mind wandered and I started wondering about her. When I realized I wasn't going to fall back asleep, I drove over there to see if her car was home. It was. Then I spotted the car of the aforementioned guy before me. I came back later that morning and rang the buzzer until someone let me in to her building. Then knocked at her door until she answered. She said I couldn't come in because she had a "guest." I told her I just needed to grab some stuff and I started packing up my things. She was embarrassed, angry that I was there, and guilty at what I had caught her doing. As I was packing up my things I caught a glimpse of the guy in boxers. I told her that I wouldn't be back and I'd prefer it if I never saw her or spoke with her again. She cried and I left.

We broke up. I told her that I wouldn't be back and I'd prefer it if I never saw her or spoke with her again. She cried and I left.
    That really sucks. Like really.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings