Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: $600 Shoes

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    That really sucks. Like really.
    You're telling me. I never thought something like this would ever happen to me.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

That really sucks. Like really.

Sounds like it needed to happen, whether it sucked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You're telling me. I never thought something like this would ever happen to me.

Congratulations for getting to get on with your life without having made a BIG mistake. Yeah, you're probably hurting, but she did you a big favor. A huge favor.

What the fuck are you doing in Milwaukee? Working or school? I think I should know but forgot why you went back after fishing....?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Sounds like it needed to happen, whether it sucked or not.
    Absolutely. But having been through it, it sucks. Important to remember it's a womAn problem, not a womEn problem.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    What the fuck are you doing in Milwaukee? Working or school? I think I should know but forgot why you went back after fishing....?
    Doing both.

I go up and fish in the summers only.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Absolutely. But having been through it, it sucks. Important to remember it's a womAn problem, not a womEn problem.
    zig, you had a woman break your heart? better not let Bretsky know about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    zig, you had a woman break your heart? better not let Bretsky know about this!
    Yes. She slept with my boyfriend. Her husband wasn't too happy about the idea either.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Zig, maybe the guys in North America who HAVEN'T slept with her should form a club. I could be the president.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Disqualified. Somebody else will have to start it now.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Disqualified. Somebody else will have to start it now.
    I'd say enjoy the syphilis, but that all happened 20 years ago so who knows if either of them have their lives together or whether the marriage survived.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Wow 31, sorry to hear but it sounds like you got hornswaggled.

Morals of the story:

If you're not "gettin' any" from your lover - someone else is.

Don't spend a shit ton of $$ on gifts for others, especially if you aren't incredibly wealthy. Buy gifts for yourself instead.

When you move out of a place, and your name is not on the lease, do not continue to pay rent or bills at that place.

When you move out of said place, take all your stuff with you immediately, even if you have to find additional storage.

And of course...

If your lady asks you to spend $600.00 of YOUR $$ for a pair of shoes, the answer should be "no". Then you should immediately contemplate the validity of said relationship.

Did I miss any?
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Yeah, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Wow 31, sorry to hear but it sounds like you got hornswaggled.

Morals of the story:

If you're not "gettin' any" from your lover - someone else is.

Don't spend a shit ton of $$ on gifts for others, especially if you aren't incredibly wealthy. Buy gifts for yourself instead.

When you move out of a place, and your name is not on the lease, do not continue to pay rent or bills at that place.

When you move out of said place, take all your stuff with you immediately, even if you have to find additional storage.

And of course...

If your lady asks you to spend $600.00 of YOUR $$ for a pair of shoes, the answer should be "no". Then you should immediately contemplate the validity of said relationship.

Did I miss any?
    The loss here is not the money. I've known this girl for 11 years. By now she is a close friend of the family and both our lives will be very different now.

The guy she dated before me knocked her up and that's ultimately what this is about. Because of this they were always forced to stay in contact because they have joint custody (although I told her not to agree to that at the time). Her daughter is almost 3 now and is more of a little girl and less of a baby so she felt the desire to "rebuild her family." Part of me is surprised that this guy even took her back since she left him for me which ultimately resulted in taking away his daughter for a good amount of the time. I can only guess that he doesn't have much self-respect and wants to see his daughter more. Probably doesn't hurt that the girl in question is a 10.

I'm not a parent and thus might not understand the logic involved here but i'm sure their are lessons to learn.