Patler is far more valuable.

The only "insider information" I ever got was talking to Reggie Bush's high school track coach who Reggie liked and talked to a lot.

He told me that that at the combine the Packers had discussed the parameters(cost) of moving up and drafting Reggie Bush. He said the Packers were very serious. The guy did not know I was a Packers fan.
We know how that turned out.

After that I realized that guys like Ted Thompson discuss/check the market value of players all the time. Almost always there is no deal. The cost and the price are too far off. I'm sure proposals and counter offers fly around all the time just to gauge the "market".

In fact last week I was on a Bills site and a guy said there was discussions about Clifton and a 3rd or 4th for Lynch.

During free agency I believe a lot of agents make up these rumors or pass along an inflated offer their guy receive trying to up the market price.

Just because some joker offer you $5000 for your car out of the blue, doesn't mean that your are going to sell it or that it is worth $5000 or that he has $5000.

About 95% of such football rumors are just garbage. By the time they get to Arrigo in a distorted state (no pun intended) there is nothing there.