Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrigo-for-Patler Rumors Intensify in Bakersfield

Arrigo-for-Patler Rumors Intensify in Bakersfield

Influential and widely-read Packer Blog JoesLockerroom is said to be aggressively pursuing Packerrats ace Patler by proposing a swap for Blog Legend Joe Arrigo, but the site may be refusing to pay what the Packerrats administrator is asking.

Patler would not comment other than to do sit-ups for beat reporters and challenge them to contests of memory and sports history.

Joe Arrigo said that the Packerrats site lacks imagination and could use his vast array of inside sources and colored markers to improve its Home Page.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Blog Entries
    We'd have to get 4 #1 picks and some $ on that deal.

Joe Arrigo couldn't pick his momma out of a midget parade.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    did he take classes with bretsky and did he give his approval on the addition?

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    Patler is far more valuable.

The only "insider information" I ever got was talking to Reggie Bush's high school track coach who Reggie liked and talked to a lot.

He told me that that at the combine the Packers had discussed the parameters(cost) of moving up and drafting Reggie Bush. He said the Packers were very serious. The guy did not know I was a Packers fan.
    We know how that turned out.

After that I realized that guys like Ted Thompson discuss/check the market value of players all the time. Almost always there is no deal. The cost and the price are too far off. I'm sure proposals and counter offers fly around all the time just to gauge the "market".

In fact last week I was on a Bills site and a guy said there was discussions about Clifton and a 3rd or 4th for Lynch.

During free agency I believe a lot of agents make up these rumors or pass along an inflated offer their guy receive trying to up the market price.

Just because some joker offer you $5000 for your car out of the blue, doesn't mean that your are going to sell it or that it is worth $5000 or that he has $5000.

About 95% of such football rumors are just garbage. By the time they get to Arrigo in a distorted state (no pun intended) there is nothing there.

I like it in the Rat house and don't really want to leave, but if someone could offer a full time position, I would be open to a trade. There is a business side to all of this, and I understand that. But until something happens, I will come every day and give it my best.

Anyone know a good realtor?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Anyone know a good realtor?
    start a new thread patler's house is on the market. he's looking at moving.

funny stuff!

I wouldn't swap Patler for anything. I wish I could meet him sometime. I just know, in my heart, he's a special person.

Patler is not on the market. Period.

Despite the fact that Packerrats has a stable of excellent posters, all of whom are of starting caliber (Vince, PB, Lurk, the list goes on...), Packerrats is in no way, shape, or form, considering trading Patler.

Several teams have been trying to pry him from Packerrats since before the draft, but Packerrats has resolutely refused to even listen to any offers.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    THANKSPATLER
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I've heard Patler is unhappy here because Admin has not aggressively pursued free agent posters to replace Partial and Tyrone Bigguns. If we don't trade Patler, he may retire, get his release from Packerrats, and then go join JoesLockerroom out of spite. Of course, before then, he'll go on Maury Povich and air all his dirty laundry for everyone on ESPN to comment on.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to get something for him while we can?

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with JoesLockerroom. I swear.

Admin of Packerrats is thought to have been asking Patler to commit to the Packerrat team, but has been getting lukewarm responses.

Patler's days at Packerrats may be numbered as this fuels the speculation about his willingness to continue spend countless hours scouring the Internet and crunching numbers like a human computer. Instead, some suggest that Patler would simply like to show up the day-of-posting and wing-it. JoesLockerroom is widely believed to be a much better fit for such an attitude.

Blog Entries
    Didn't Joeslockerroom.com start up about the time Partial was chucked from here? Coincidence? I think not.

I know he is beloved around here, but Patler hasn't really won anything since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I know he is beloved around here, but Patler hasn't really won anything since 96.
    and he chokes at crunch time

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I'm trying to remember this site BEFORE Patler and can't.
    It was just such a dark and dreary site. Almost like it didn't exist.

Patler's the reason I became a Packerrat fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23
    I'm trying to remember this site BEFORE Patler and can't.
    It was just such a dark and dreary site. Almost like it didn't exist.

Patler's the reason I became a Packerrat fan.
    when he is traded will you buy a joeslockerroom jersey? bandwagon fan!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    F Patler! Post out your damn contract and quit whining! This big time posters all they think about is themselves when its us, the readers, who give them the strength to get up everyday and put forth that effort.

Post out your contract and go into the hall as a Rat
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Apparently I have morphed from being Hawk-like to being Favre-like!

Maybe I should just retire? I don't know, I really can't imagine myself posting anywhere else. I would hate to have to learn all the rules, regulations and procedures at a new site. Why should I, at my age. If they ever bring in a new, young hot-shot poster, I'll just retire. I certainly don't want to stay too long, when I become just a rambling old fan living in the past. I would rather go out knowing I still had intelligent comments to make.

I don't know what to do. This is just so hard!