Thread: Week 3 winners and losers

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

Week 3 winners and losers

Winners:

Rodgers: He's back. 34/45 316 yards passing, some nice running, and 2 total TDs. Considering all the shit going on with the Oline, he played a hell of a game.

Driver: Caught 9 passes yesterday was a big part of the short passing game which was most of our offense.

Tramon Williams: Has been rock solid for us so far this season. Had 7 tackles and a sack as well as causing Cutler to look elsewhere for most of the game.

Frank Zombo: Was a pleasant surprise. Recorded his second sack of the season. Seemed as good as Brad Jones at getting in the QB's face. Everyone knows his last name is fun to say but his first name is pretty underrated. I want the poster of his helmet to helmet on Cutler.

Derrik Martin: clutch interception. I would have preferred if he'd sat down in the endzone after catching it but I don't care enough to keep him off the list. Is great at getting held on special teams.

Losers:

Obviously Tauscher.

Clifton: I can deal with sucking in the run game if you're elite in pass pro. He's neither anymore. We have the personnel to replace him and Tauscher, Do it!

Quarless: Dropped a TD pass. Ended up not mattering but still.

Everyone with rushing yards accept A-Rod: These Running backs stink. Especially Jackson. He's strictly a 3rd down back.

Sam Shields: This guy isn't good. maybe someday he will be but right now he's not. I'm ready to try Underwood at nickel. Capers has done an admirable job of hiding him though.

Both:
    Nick Barnett: No gaudy stats but didn't get a penalty and didn't give up anything noteworthy would have had a super clutch interception but it was of course wrecked with penalties.

Jennings: Caught a TD pass but otherwise his greatest impact on the game was dropping a bomb that hit him in the hands.

Jones: Caught a lot of balls and then fumbled one of them to lose the game.

Finley: Dominated until we needed him most, then he was getting an IV.

Mathsay: Two nice punts and one terrible one.

McCarthy: Had a great game plan that got us to completely outplay the Bears. Bad clock management at the end of both halfs.

Let me here your winners/losers
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Re: Week 3 winners and losers

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
    Frank Zombo: I want the poster of his helmet to helmet on Cutler.
    2nd!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Derrik Martin: clutch interception. I would have preferred if he'd sat down in the endzone after catching it but I don't care enough to keep him off the list. Is great at getting held on special teams.
    Gift interception, and then he managed to get a crucial block in the back penalty on Tramon's long punt return. It was an obvious call and very dumb play by him. Jarrett Bush is suddenly reliable, and this guy is turning into Jarrett Bush.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'd give a winning nod to Jenkins. He had a solid pass rush most of the night.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100928/PKR07/309290013/Cliff-Christl-Eric-Baranczyk-column-Rodgers-was-only-playmaker-vs-Bears
    GBPG Game Writeup[/url]]
    Part of the Packers’ problem on special teams is that they don’t have any bad dudes.

Andrew Quarless was awful. On that punt return, he was just kind of jogging, and someone barely got a shoulder on him and pushed him all over the place. There’s no headhunter out there.

The Bears might have gotten away with a hold on Derrick Martin on that punt return. But Brandon Chillar got blocked to the outside and there was nobody there to fill. Quarless was running down, acting as if that was all he needed to do to collect his paycheck. A.J. Hawk was on the ground.
    Wow. Didn't notice AQ doing that but pretty damning, esp since that return was a backbreaker. Add that to the drop in the endzone and he had a crapper of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Frank Zombo: I want the poster of his helmet to helmet on Cutler.
    2nd!
    Fuck that, if not for the helmet to helmet we win that game. I'm not blaming Zombo because I like his intensity, just have to be smarter there and know you can't hit the QB anywhere near his face.

Frank Zombo: Was a pleasant surprise. Recorded his second sack of the season. Seemed as good as Brad Jones at getting in the QB's face. Everyone knows his last name is fun to say but his first name is pretty underrated. I want the poster of his helmet to helmet on Cutler.
    Why? That hit on Cutler wiped out an interception by Barnett that would have given the Packers the ball at The Bears 37. The Packers had a 3 point lead at the time, and would have been in a position to put the game away.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Why? That hit on Cutler wiped out an interception by Barnett that would have given the Packers the ball at The Bears 37. The Packers had a 3 point lead at the time, and would have been in a position to put the game away.
    It was a pretty good hit. There are some of these hits where the penalty is inevitable. Zombo was aggressive and just happened to get helmet to helmet contact. He was looking at his target and try to lead with his shoulder, he just got a bad angle. It was a great play. It's not my fault or his that some of these rules result in sucky outcomes like that penalty. I think it's going to go one way or the other. Either you are going to just get a bunch of 15 yarders around the league, or defenses will step back and scoring will go through the roof. I'm betting on the former. You just can't help hitting helmet to helmet sometimes when you are trying to sack the QB.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Outside of Arod I just didn't see many winners on that team. Driver was okay. Finley was good then disappeared. Stoopid mistakes all over.

But here's one big loser: Slocum.

And Campen, maybe, too. Get him out of there before he wrecks Sitton! And Bulaga!