Thread: Tauscher

Tauscher

I've said it for years, and it is evident right now how bad Mark Tauscher really is. WHEN can we yank his fat unathletic ass off the field?
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

You might as well lobby for Clifton and College to be fired after this game too. Peppers and the hostile crowd are making them all look like fools.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    You might as well lobby for Clifton and College to be fired after this game too. Peppers and the hostile crowd are making them all look like fools.
    I usually trade Clifton and Tauscher on Madden ASAP
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

He looked brutal. But that holding call on Peppers was weak. But it was very visible. Probably called most of the time because of the location.

Problem is that Lang did not distinguish himself at RT in the preseason given his surgery. I guess Giacomini isn't going anywhere.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think the two worst games of Tausch's solid career were in week 1 of 2010 and week 3 of 2010. He looks like Allen Barbre. Seriously, I hope Clifton stays healthy, so we can move Bulaga to starting RT. Sad to see.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Tauscher got owned by everybody, it wasn't just Peppers.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

those false starts from the one foot line didn't amount to anything. arod didn't get sacked. everyone made mistakes tonight. not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary
    those false starts from the one foot line didn't amount to anything. arod didn't get sacked. everyone made mistakes tonight. not to worry.
    That's the thing - this isn't a one person problem - this was a collective team failure. Failures like this is 100% on the coaching staff for not properly preparing his team to handle the pressure of primetime on the road against a good team.

Sure, maybe calling chicago a good team is a stretch, but they are 3-0. They may win in ugly fashion, but a win is a win. The jets won in ugly fashions last year and almost went to the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    The jets won in ugly fashions last year and almost went to the superbowl.
    The Jets also lost 7 regular season games last year. Why didn't they win those? It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Packgator
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    The jets won in ugly fashions last year and almost went to the superbowl.
    The Jets also lost 7 regular season games last year. Why didn't they win those? It happens.
    Jets were on a roll at one point last year too. I am not saying the bears are going deep in the playoffs, but I am saying they are clearly playoff contendors (in terms of GETTING there). In minnesota's defense holds pat and the offense continues to improve there - this division is far from easy to win. The packers could be in third place.

I hope it doesn't happen, but it's time to stop talking super bowl and start worrying about the next game in line.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Its time for Bulaga at lt and Lang at rt.

Injuries and age have finally caught-up to both.

Re: Tauscher

Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    I've said it for years, and it is evident right now how bad Mark Tauscher really is. WHEN can we yank his fat unathletic ass off the field?
    If you have been saying it for years you are a fool. If you are simply claiming to have been saying it for years, but have really been saying it for only 3 weeks you are a sensationalist......and only partially a fool.

Mark Tauscher v. damn near anyone was a W for about 10 years. The man is getting old and likely isn't the same since the knee surgery.

This is the kind of post that riles me up. Guy has a monster career for the packers and sadly is finally getting old and someone has to go getting all personal and insulting on the guy. Give it a rest and learn football if you have been saying this for years.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tauscher has been struggling with his pass protection for some time. There were signs of it before the last knee injury. Everyone likes to remember that Tauscher saved the offense last year with his return, but he was average at best (an improvement over Barbre, none the less). But what also saved the offense last year was a change of gameplan and more leeway given to Rodgers.

It seems likely that one of the two veteran tackles will figure it out. But I would be stunned if one doesn't need to be replaced this year. Tauscher was being beat by the Bear end not named Peppers as well. He had to get outside so fast to catch up to speed that he left himself vulnerable to inside moves. Repeatedly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'd like to fix the pass-pro and running game in one move. BULAGA! Maybe Lang too!
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    If you have been saying it for years you are a fool. If you are simply claiming to have been saying it for years, but have really been saying it for only 3 weeks you are a sensationalist......and only partially a fool.

Mark Tauscher v. damn near anyone was a W for about 10 years. The man is getting old and likely isn't the same since the knee surgery.

This is the kind of post that riles me up. Guy has a monster career for the packers and sadly is finally getting old and someone has to go getting all personal and insulting on the guy. Give it a rest and learn football if you have been saying this for years.
    I have been saying it for at least 2.5 years that Tauscher was done. Everyone loved him last year, and you could even find where I wrote many times that he wasn't as great as anyone was making him out to be, and it's even more true this year. 3 games and he has gotten his shit handed to him for 3 games. Even the Bills DE's pushed him back at times.

As far as a "monster" career for GB, it's been solid, but not a "monster" career. I was never a fan of Mark Tauscher, just the way it is. I always thought he was far over rated, but was far under rated at his ability to get away with holding, cause he might be the best holding offensive line man in the NFL.

He was a hell of a tackle for a few years....there is no denying that.....but he's old and hurt now.....a warriors heart will only get you so far.
    C.H.U.D.

Bulaga is one of the top 5 O-Linemen on this team. He needs to start. In addition to pass pro, the Packers immediately become a better run blocking team, whether you put him at LT, LG or RT.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead

+1

Tauscher's been money for a long time. I don't think he's the player he was before 2 years ago, but to say he's always been bad in just plain wrong. This is the guy who didn't get a holding penalty for 6 years, I think?

He certainly is near the end, and it's not just the knee surgery. He was actually playing poorly before the injury.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...