Thread: FRANKENBACKER!!!

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar

FRANKENBACKER!!!

The dude (Spencer Havner) whom we fans have adopted the nickname "FrankenBacker" is back with The Pack.

He's a fan favorite because he plays multiple positions everywhere on the team: Tight End, Fullback, Linebacker, and of course - Special Teams. His hard core off-season training regiment included late night motorcycle stunts on private property while drinking booze.

I for one am glad that we brought him back after we lost him to The Loins for a bit 'till he pulled his hammy. The dude has cleared medical evaluations and totally deserves his own thread and not to be just "included" and shadowed in the Tauscher stories.

How can you not root for this guy to have success?
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Almost every time he catches the ball he scores a TD. What's not to love?

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSONLINE
    He's back: Tight end Spencer Havner, cut by the Packers before the start of the regular season, admitted he thought he'd never be back in Green Bay.

But there Havner was Monday, standing in the Packers' locker room in his old No. 41 jersey. The team re-signed him last week after he was waived by Detroit with a hamstring injury.

"I think (the Packers) just wanted to give me some time to heal the hammy," he said. "They wanted to make sure I was ready to play when I came back because we have a lot of injuries here and they didn't want to pick up another injured guy, basically."

Havner said he had no problems with his hamstring in practice Monday and thought he could contribute immediately. He played some linebacker for the Lions but was brought back to Green Bay as a tight end.

"I think I can help out a lot," he said.
    Just like he never left.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I do like the guy that can play just about every position on the field...I mean is he the number 3 QB too?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I do like the guy that can play just about every position on the field...I mean is he the number 3 QB too?
    I think that's Charles Woodson
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Just like he never left.
    Time travel is just another discipline Frankenbacker has mastered.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.