Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: McCarthy and "Close Games"

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson View Post
    Cannot and has not are two different concepts but they both will and do apply to MM. He wont win a championship. What gives you any idea that he can? He has had five years and produced next to nothing.

I'd call this season fairly productive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I agree, we are supposed to debate. Its fun. Its why we come here to see varying opinions and occassionally learn something. My guess is that MM gets one more season regardless due to serious injury issues this year. Despite a very tough schedule, shafting by the refs in a couple games, and Crosby clanking 2 more HUGE kicks this year we are in control of our own destiny. The overall body of work isn't bad. BUT.....either this year or next we need to make some waves in the playoffs. No less than an NFCC birth will do. I must be one of the few who still believe it can happen this year.

As a matter of fact, I'll go out on a limb. We meet Atlanta in the playoffs. I can't be sure we beat them, but we CAN. They are very good, extremely well coached. Nobody else in the NFC I feel is better than Green Bay. Bump it later and embarrass me, I can disappear for the rest of the year just like said poster from last year.....yea, you know who you are.

I'll bump it for you. Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha View Post
    Since you are posting this -- yes or no is MM another Belichick? I say, "No."

Bill's watching Mike on TV this weekend.

I'm embarrassed :P
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I consider MM an average coach now and I'll consider him average then. Certainly not worth firing. OK...I know you weren't waiting for an answer from me but I figured I'd jump in with an inkling to post.

I think MM is an above average playcaller. I'll list my coaching rankings someday when I have time and I think I'll put MM in the 12-18 range.

If I have a criticism of MM overall it's his hiring of coaches and loyalty to them to a fault. I'll think less of him if he finds the ST play acceptable and I can go either way on the OL

Where does he rank now?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    2 appearances in the NFCCG in his first 5 years, a SB appearance in the 5th year. That's not too shabby.

He's no Bobby Ross.
    C.H.U.D.

I'm embarrassed :P
    I'm curious...why? [don't have time to read the whole thread ]
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Ill happily take crap for being wrong.

Blog Entries
    Where does he rank now?

I already answered this question in another thread . I don't need this strategy to admit my views have changed
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I'm curious...why? [don't have time to read the whole thread ]
    Just a joke...if you read my post I Scott quoted I ended it by saying if I was wrong you could bump it and embarrass me...I was right and Scott bumped it so I felt obligated to be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    The thing with MM is he's like a running back that will get you 200 yards and 3 touchdowns every game and then fumble when the game is on the line. Do you get rid of a guy that good? You wouldn't have been in the game without him. But he always manages to mess up at the end.

MM is the best coach in the league from Tuesday through Sunday morning. I mean this sincerely: he needs to let somebody else handle game day. Find a good new OC this year whose strength is game management and let him handle the job. Stubby can still design the game plan, but he should limit himself to wearing bigger headphones and looking tough for the camera.
    Idiot.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Idiot.

Don't be too hard on yourself - you essentially described Tiki Barber before he cleaned up the fumbling problem. Stubby has mostly cleaned up the 'Stubby' problem - it wasn't that big of a problem to begin with, anyway. McGinn had an interesting article on the change in Stubby's attitude and talk towards his players. The team is definitely drinking Stubby Kool Aid...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself - you essentially described Tiki Barber before he cleaned up the fumbling problem. Stubby has mostly cleaned up the 'Stubby' problem - it wasn't that big of a problem to begin with, anyway. McGinn had an interesting article on the change in Stubby's attitude and talk towards his players. The team is definitely drinking Stubby Kool Aid...
    Or Adrian Peterson. Stubby is the Adrian Peterson of coaches.

Where is the article?

Just a joke...if you read my post I Scott quoted I ended it by saying if I was wrong you could bump it and embarrass me...I was right and Scott bumped it so I felt obligated to be embarrassed.
    Ah!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    IMO still unproven. Who cares right now? Shall worry if the Super Bowl is under 3 points with 2 minutes remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha View Post
    IMO still unproven. Who cares right now? Shall worry if the Super Bowl is under 3 points with 2 minutes remaining.
    Wow. Never say die, huh rb?

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    Wow. Never say die, huh rb?

give him credit...last year he took his monitor and went home for 9 weeks straight.

I have openly expressed my dislike for MM in the past and most of this year. I will say this, the guy is a good play caller overall, but he really has done nothing to change my opinion of him in close games. The close games we have won down the stretch have not required strategic thinking but rather solid defense at the end of games. But as I type this there is one more game left. I still hate Mason Crosby and I still like MM more as a play caller than a head coach. We win the superbowl and I think I would like MM more just b/c he accomplished what I have been waiting my whole life as a packer fan to enjoy and thats a superbowl WIN. I only remember a couple plays of the 96 superbowl and wasn't really a fan then. Funny thing I really became a fan and started watching every game the 98 season.

Also, if Dom capers gets the defense to show up for the biggest game ever in my time as a fan I will give him big props. Anything short of a win Sunday and its just another year for me. I really want Driver, Woodson, etc to be celebrating Sunday night. God willing the pack beat the Steelers Sunday! Go pack Go!
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Anything short of a win Sunday and its just another year for me.

It's been a great ride win or lose. A loss doesn't take away from what they've accomplished. Though a win would add to it.