Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: McCarthy and "Close Games"

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It NFL geekdom (elsewhere in geekdom as well) this is known as multiple endpoints.

From Advanced NFL Stats in their dissent about the Curse of 370 Carries:

As many posters noticed, if Silverstein had chosen any other scoring gap, it would have defeated his premise. He saw a blip in the data and made a guess as to its cause, without having any evidence to back it up.
    Also known as a favorable subset. Take a look at man made global warming statistics....oh shit, I just got the thread booted to FYI.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Lies, damn lies and statistics. 4 out of 5 dentists recommend...not spreading shit on your toothbrush!
    Wow I do not want that fifth dentist. How would he polish your teeth??? Two girls - One dentist.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha View Post
    Good Bump. MM has proven he can win a championship. Expect multiple.

Winning close games is currently moot since winning a super bowl cancels out all possible weaknesses for the moment.

At the end of the day imo winning games by less than 3 is still a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Are you truely serious in the last line? Like I posted some where else you are probably going to be disappointed again next year. I think their will be a lot of 35-13 games. Watches us go 13-3 and lose the 3 games by a total of 9 points and the MM "shit" will continue.
    Bump because it's pretty accurate so far.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Bump because it's pretty accurate so far.
    No it's not. We're not on pace to go 13-3.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Too bad the Packers had to score that last touchdown today. A 2 point win would have been better.

Stupid offensive touchdowns.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Don't have a link, as I'm not a CHFF Insider, but Mike McCarthy entered Week 11 with the best winning percentage in the history of football against the spread (.635) and is one of five coaches in history with winning records both straight up and ATS.

But he still can't win any close ones.

Also of interest on chff is a list of longest win streaks. The pack just got in the top ten. It examines point spreads, comebacks and turnovers as well as other interesting stuff. We are a very unique team.

www.coldhardfootballfacts.com

Great read, take the time and don't nag vince for the lack of a link.

Another close win for M3
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Another close win for M3
    Took him 18 damn wins in a row to get one!!!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Now that we have seen he can win the close one can we go back to having it pretty much sewed up by the start of the fourth? My dr recommends it for my heart.

Pretty amazing stat posted on ESPN.

During its 19-game winning streak that spans 1,140 total minutes and 570 second-half minutes, Green Bay has trailed for only 46 minutes in the first quarter, 61 minutes in the second quarter, 27 minutes in the third quarter and not a single minute in the fourth quarter.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Pretty amazing stat posted on ESPN.
    And that's why no close wins occur in Green Bay.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    During its 19-game winning streak that spans 1,140 total minutes and 570 second-half minutes, Green Bay has trailed for only 46 minutes in the first quarter, 61 minutes in the second quarter, 27 minutes in the third quarter and not a single minute in the fourth quarter.
    It's a good thing, since they suck so bad at finishing games when they're close.

Tebow is a superior QB to Aaron because he wins close games.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tebow can will his team to victory unlike Arod so he must be a better qb, just as Fox is a better hc than MM from all the close wins recently. I think Camden has will the oline to victory through clever shoe tying skills and should get the hc job.

Chase Stuart
    fbgchase Chase Stuart
    Blasphemous to compare Aaron Rodgers to Steve Young. Young completed 70% of his passes as a LEFTY. Doubt Rodgers could even complete one.
    16 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply
    Retweeted by jasonjwilde

Chase Stuart
    fbgchase Chase Stuart
    Overrated? In seven seasons, Aaron Rodgers has NEVER won a home playoff game. Favre won five home playoff games at that point in his career.
    16 Dec
    Retweeted by jasonjwilde

Chase Stuart
    fbgchase Chase Stuart
    Aaron Rodgers pads his stats in a lot of ways. For example, last 19 Packers games, Rodgers has thrown 0 TDs in 4Q with GB trailing
    16 Dec
    Retweeted by jasonjwilde
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So Arod is the problem, not MM. Who would have thought!

I really do think he would struggle throwing left-handed, all kidding aside.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I really do think he would struggle throwing left-handed, all kidding aside.
    You know how he loves to prove critics wrong though. Expect left-handed Rodgers greatness next season.