Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: James Jones!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Jennings has made some horrific mistakes against the Bears; let's hope that does not continue
    IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT

I meant to say "JONES" has had some horrific mistakes against da Bears
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I've been a Jones defender, but that horrific drop in Philly has me questioning his reliability. And yes, Jones has been disgusting in Bear games.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT

I meant to say "JONES" has had some horrific mistakes against da Bears
    Jennings did drop that TD pass in the game at Lambeau....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Expect JJ to have a good game with the regained confidence.

JJ is alright. He's not consistent enough to be a #2, but he has enough skills to be a #3 on most peoples teams for a long time. It only sucks because we all see his inherent ability, but are baffled at why he drops the balls he does.

Jones flashes #1 ability. He was in the top 32 WR's this year for yards. Either Jones has #1 WR talent or we think there are only 20 #1 WR's in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The key word in that statement is "lost". Jennings has had 5 fumbles during the regular seasons, but has been fortunate to only lose one of them, and its not because he "fumbles better" so doesn't lose them! Any fumble can be a turnover. Whether it is or not often depends on who else is around at the time.

Sorry, but I don't see Jennings as the "Adrian Peterson" of wide receivers, so I wouldn't give him nearly the slack that I would for Peterson.
    Well, one of his 5 fumbles wasn't actually a fumble. Go back and look at the fumble in the earlier Atlanta game. If the Packers hadn't recovered the fumble that wasn't actually a fumble, it would have been reviewed and he would have been ruled down.

I don't think Jennings is quite as good at WR as Peterson is at RB, but I think Jennings is closer to the top of the WR chain than you think. Also, I think Ryan Grant is a better RB than Jones is a WR, so it kind of evens out the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't think Jennings is quite as good at WR as Peterson is at RB, but I think Jennings is closer to the top of the WR chain than you think.
    Not true. I actually do think Jennings is one of the better receivers, and that's my point. He hasn't really been playing like it with fumbles, drops and inattentive plays all too frequently and in clusters this season. I expect better play from him than I do from Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Jones flashes #1 ability. He was in the top 32 WR's this year for yards. Either Jones has #1 WR talent or we think there are only 20 #1 WR's in the NFL.
    I'd say 20 is about right. Lots of teams don't have a legit #1, including the Bears.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jones would be the best receiver on a handful of teams in this league, maybe even the Bears. He'd be a starter on all but a handful of teams in the league (including the team he's on oddly enough).

He's going to put up significant career numbers in the NFL. In yards, receptions and touchdowns he'll finish somewhere in the top 200 WR's that ever played the game. Just to put some perspective on that, there are about 150 WR's who play today, so there have been a lot of receivers who've played in the NFL.

If he just gets 700 yards per season through his prime (the next 6 years or so) he'll finish where I think. I actually think it's a safe guess.

Tramon Williams was a guy who everyone sat around and bitched about how inconsistent, overrated, questionalbe he was and all he did was turn out great. Jones dropsies and fumblitis rule him out from becoming the next Tramon, but he has that kind of talent and he's going to have a big career IMO.

Jones would be the best receiver on a handful of teams in this league, maybe even the Bears. He'd be a starter on all but a handful of teams in the league (including the team he's on oddly enough).
    If Jones played the way you and others want him to play, that would be true. As it is, and as it's always been with him, he might be the best receiver on a handful of teams. If he could just play consistently. But I guess for some fans, the jury's still out.

Tramon Williams was a guy who everyone sat around and bitched about how inconsistent, overrated, questionalbe he was and all he did was turn out great. Jones dropsies and fumblitis rule him out from becoming the next Tramon, but he has that kind of talent and he's going to have a big career IMO.
    When did people call Tramon inconsistent, overrated, and questionable? Maybe you felt this way, but I certainly don't remember a popular sentiment of that sort. I guess we'll just have to wait, like we do every year, for that "big career" to start. But I'm still waiting, and have been for a couple years, for Bigby's next "big hit," so you'll have to excuse me if I'm not as interested in waiting on Jones. A guy can only wait on so much delusional wishful thinking before he starts forgetting what he was waiting for.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Top 32 WR in yards? I just looked at the top 50 for yards and he wasn't on the list. Seven of the players were TEs, but that means he wasn't in the top 43 WRs. Not sure yards is the best indicator for ranking WRs anyways.

There are a few RB's on that list too. But yeah, that stat I looked at a few weeks ago and didn't know the exact number or really care for that matter. He's In the top 43 then. And regardless, that's after taking a back seat to Jennings, Finley and Driver early and Jennings and Driver for the rest of the season. He's a friggin animal. Just has to catch the ball and hang on to it. There are finess WR's. There are hustle WR's. There are freak WR's. Jones is a beast WR. He'll have an awesome career.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-22-2011 at 06:03 PM.

BEAST

JJ was 55th in receiving yards, 45th among WR's. I think Jones is a legit #2. If he was a #1, he would have shown it by now.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    JJ was 55th in receiving yards, 45th among WR's. I think Jones is a legit #2. If he was a #1, he would have shown it by now.
    Same was said about Tramon Williams before he became a starter. Same was said about Bishop (by skinbasket too. Skin ranted and raved about what a douche Bishop was). Jones hasn't even scratched the surface.

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    James Jones has had 3 huge fumbles against the Bears. 2 in field goal range and one on a crucial winning drive at midfield.

He had the famous drop against the Eagles.

There is a pretty good chance he has gooten that out of his system and will play a smart game.

Jennings demonstrated last week it can happen to anybody.

If the Packers are going to run up the score James Jones has to have a great game.

I can't go back to the old forum, but even in the beginning of this year I remember Patler questioning if Williams really was a quality starter. There were several others too, but he's just one. One of McGinn's scouts said he was a good nickle back, thought he would have been better. That was just this offseason.

None of this proves anything about Jones but I think it does show that people can easily misread the data in front of them. I could be right about Jones. You could be right about Jones. But him not putting up #1 numbers as the 3rd or 4th option on a very talented receiving team doesn't necessarily show what you think it shows. It didn't for Bishop, didn't for Williams. It might for Jones, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion matter of factly. In some ways Jones is more of a beast than Jennings. Jump ball in the endzone. . . I'd like to see more of that with Jones.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-22-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Williams did show it, two years ago when replacing Harris who was out (spleen). Last year he had a dip while replacing Harris again who was out (no connective tissue between knee and lower leg). While I agree there was a dip for each, Williams flashed earlier, longer and higher before the dip. And Moon's dip has been over for more than a year now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

James Jones has started three games this year. He's averaged 83 yards per game and 0.7 TD's per game. Over 16 that would be 1322 yards per season and 11 TD's. To say James Jones has had his opportunies and showed he wasn't number one material is just not true. It's a small sample, but it would be much more honest to say the opposite. Kid's a beast. I'll bet he has an awesome career.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-22-2011 at 06:35 PM.