Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating

Officiating

Ok, not really bitching about officiating when we won by 27, but did anyone else notice that on EVERY kickoff the Atlanta players were blatantly blocking in the back...most of the time out in the open field, and it never got called??

On the 104 yard KO return there was an ugly one, but beyond griping about that one play, I saw a bad one on pretty much every return. Thank god we didn't have to punt!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I know what block in the back you're talking about on the return but just as infuriating was the pair of blatant holds where packer defenders were just tackled right before that.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat All-Pro Fred's Slacks's Avatar
    I forget how the new rules on kickoffs work but I thought you could only have 2 guys in your wedge. Atl clearly had 3 on the 102 yd return. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Fred's Slacks is a Winner!

Senior Rat HOFer
    You are correct Fred. By the new rule that should be 15 yards from the spot where the wedge formed, which obviously would normally be a half the distance to goal penalty.

For the record I am completely against this rule change.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Fantasy Guru Rat Veteran
    I noticed those as well, along with the ticky-tack PI call on Shields. For a rookie that's been playing a lot, especially on an island that was his first penalty of the year. Absolutely incredible and there is no telling right now how good he'll end up being. That did lead to the Tramon TD dagger though so I guess its all good.

I had a bigger problem with the ATL WRs liberal use of the hands and shoving our DBs on just about every play.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I had a bigger problem with the ATL WRs liberal use of the hands and shoving our DBs on just about every play.
    It didnt seem to help them much.

The Pack have been zebra-f*cked all this season and most of last. I know M3 was pretty vocal about officiating when he first became HC and after Bert left, I felt the officiating got worse. Now that Rodgers has had his big day, maybe they'll get some respect.

LOL after Tramon's pick 6 I was walking from my seats to find a beer (or two) and was doing the little hand cup to the ear thing (what a dick i know!) and this lady started yelling at me "ONLY REASON YOU'RE WINNING IS THE REFS!!!!! x4"

Granted we got that nice call on 3rd down but didn't the Falcons (on that same drive) get two pass interference calls? One of which I thought was pretty marginal.

I think the calls went both ways last night but Falcons fans have no one to blame but the players/coaches.

The wedge on the KO return was especially bad, and I was surprised it wasn't called. It didn't end up mattering with how much we scored, but at the time it happened it was HUGE.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I thought Mason Crosby had the final block on the last Packer defender with a shot.

I'm already dreading ahead that we'd get Jeff Triplett's crew for the Bears game.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I thought Mason Crosby had the final block on the last Packer defender with a shot.

I'm already dreading ahead that we'd get Jeff Triplett's crew for the Bears game.
    That would be like getting Scott Green's crew for Arizona (I think) and their propensity for calling DPI.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I didn't think the crew was that bad. The stuff they called was fairly legit. One can nitpick about holdings on every play.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Wink

Yeah, that Matty "Vanilla" Ice pick 6 before halftime was influenced by the zebras.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Jeff Triplett...or worse, Ed Hoculi.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Offensive PI has to be the most undercalled penalty.

JJ got away with one. Can't remember when, but it was a 3rd down, deep in their own end. Jones got to the top of his route, and as he was pulling up to turn around, gave the db a good two handed shove. Bingo - separation!

I thought TWill got jobbed on the call just before his INT though. Sure, he ran into the guy, but I thought it should've been interference, not PI. Was the ball in the air? I'd like to see a replay of that one.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Does anybody else get the sense that across the board, officiating was pretty bad this year?
    </delurk>

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The officiating was fine. On the TD return there was absolutely no penalties that I could detect on repeated looks. Two pairs of Packer players took each other out of plays on Weems, the worst being Crosby setting a pick to keep Collins from tackling him.

The main thing that bugged me about the officiating was early in the game when the refs threw a flag, then after discussion said "There is no foul for defensive pass interference, because the ball was uncatchable."

The WR was heading upfield, and Ryan threw it behind him. Woodson had a shot at a pick 6, but the WR grabbed the shit out of him so he couldn't get there. And they were considering calling a penalty on Woodson when he got grabbed. Joe Buck and Aikman didn't even seem to know what was going on either.

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    The main thing that bugged me about the officiating was early in the game when the refs threw a flag, then after discussion said "There is no foul for defensive pass interference, because the ball was uncatchable."

The WR was heading upfield, and Ryan threw it behind him. Woodson had a shot at a pick 6, but the WR grabbed the shit out of him so he couldn't get there. And they were considering calling a penalty on Woodson when he got grabbed. Joe Buck and Aikman didn't even seem to know what was going on either.
    A common occurrence for them.
    Go PACK