Thread: Packers Defense

Packers Defense

I've been reading Vic's Q&As on Packers.com because it's new and I haven't gotten bored yet. Anyway, one of his questions made me curious what the Rats thought:

I haven't noticed any nicknamed defenses lately, such as Fearsome Foursome, Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain, Sack Exchange or Killer Bs. Are defenses not as dominant lately? Is this a symptom of the offensive dominance you mentioned? Or are cute names just out of vogue?

Vic: You’re right, you don’t see much of that anymore. The last one I covered was Coach Capers’ Blitzburgh. I’ll tell you what I think it means. I think it means that defenses are too fearful of what can happen to them on any given Sunday, because the personality of the game favors offense so greatly. I think defenses are afraid to paint a target on themselves by calling attention to themselves with a nickname and then being embarrassed by having 40 hung on them, which can happen to any defense on any given Sunday in today’s game. By the way, what nickname would you give the Packers defense?
    The question that makes me curious is as follows:

What nickname should the Packers D have? What about the Packers O? Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards the Swiss Army Offense due to the many different ways they can line up and play.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Swiss Army O is a GREAT suggestion!

Swiss Army could apply to the D just as easily.

A poster over at Packers.com suggested "The Ice Pack" for the defense, which I like.

hair club