Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OH NOOO...SAY IT AIN'T SO....HOW WOULD YOU REACT ???????

Quote Originally Posted by australianpackerbacker View Post
    When i watch the Bears play this year, with all the unimaginable luck they have had this year to even get to the NFC Championship, it honestly really reminds me of the 2007 Packers. EVERYTHING went our way that season, we had all the bounces of the ball go our way, and to be completley honest we werent a very good team at the start of the year in '07, much like the Bears were this year, they looked like they could lose to almost anyone, Seattle for example, and then the Patriot demolition at Soldier Field. But somehow they started playing better in all facets of the game, we couldnt run the ball in 07 until towards the second half of the season, same with the Bears, they didnt really establish anything until the second half. But once they created some consistency, they were able to balance their game a whole lot more, coupled with a few lucky breaks here and their, like the Packers losing to the Lions, Redskins and Dolphins.

What im trying to say is, these guys are like the 2007 Packers and the 2010 Falcons to an extent, they are pretenders who have had a lot of bounces go their way, but like all pretenders they will be revealed for what they are, we have far too much talent to lose this game, special teams isnt going to decide this game, not in the weather we will be expecting down their. There is no chance we lose this game, because we are the 2007 Giants.
    That '07 GB team got a lot of breaks in the NFCCG also. Despite looking whipped all day they took it to OT.

I feel like kicking Kurt Schottenheimer.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I read the most interesting thing under a JS article the other day. If Calvin Johnson doesn't let go of that ball getting up, leading to the ridiculous call of no TD the bears miss the playoffs. We win the North and they lose the tiebreaker to the Giants. I guess you can apply that to any number of things that worked in their favor the entire way, but they were that close to missing the playoffs entirely.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I think I've learned an important lesson this season; that one guy doesn't necessarily make or break a season. I, hohum, said McCarthy wasn't the man to get us over the hump but he's not that important to the success of the Packers but nonetheless important. Yet with that said, I couldn't possibly imagine Packers winning the Lombardi Trophy without Aaron Rodgers or maybe even Clay Matthews.
    Well said. I have said all along the players (all the players) will determine the games and coaches can lose them, but rarely win them. If your team relies on one player (other than QB) so much that they can't fade losing him then it isn't that great of a team. Pass rushers are second most important in the equation, so yea, losing Mathews would be huge. Bottom line though, teams win and lose. Fading an injury or 2 is almost a necessity. Fading 6 starters and 10 backups is just silly.

Inigo....I hope we win. - Andre the Giant

I read the most interesting thing under a JS article the other day. If Calvin Johnson doesn't let go of that ball getting up, leading to the ridiculous call of no TD the bears miss the playoffs. We win the North and they lose the tiebreaker to the Giants. I guess you can apply that to any number of things that worked in their favor the entire way, but they were that close to missing the playoffs entirely.
    Well. we have a couple ways we could fix this.

Superman could fly backwards around the world really fast until time went back far enough to allow him to kick Calvin Johnson in the butt at half time and tell him to hang onto the ball.

The Enterprise could slide through a wormhole and correct an error from the future in which the Bears won the NFC North in 2010, an error which led to fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... and mass hysteria!

Or Green Bay can kick Bear ass all over the field on Sunday and win the game going away.
    Last edited by swede; 01-21-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    I know this isn't going to sit well with a lot of you but I would rather lose this week to the Bears than to have lost last week to the Falcons. Maybe its living here the past 15 years, watching the most fair weather fans I have ever witnessed (at least with professional sports) and then to have to listen to their superiority complex. Sorry Mission - not including you in that as I know you are an ardent Braves fan - but that is what I have experienced. Also, I guess being 15 years removed from living close to the FIB border I have lost some of my animosity toward the FIBs.

All that said, if they lose, I will be disappointed but not crushed. I picked them to go 9-7 and out of the playoffs before the injuries happened (shows what I know) so this playoff run -especially the win over the Falcons - has been a bonus for me.

But their not going to lose! Bear beat down commences in about 47 hours! Go Pack!!!
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Well. we have a couple ways we could fix this.

Superman could fly backwards around the world really fast until time went back far enough to allow him to kick Calvin Johnson in the butt at half time and tell him to hang onto the ball.

The Enterprise could slide through a wormhole and correct an error from the future in which the Bears won the NFC North in 2010, an error which led to fire and brimstone coming down from the skies, rivers and seas boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... and mass hysteria!

Or Green Bay can kick Bear ass all over the field on Sunday and win the game going away.
    I'll take option 3 for $1000 Alex.

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    That's kind of an interesting question, APF, which would have stung the most -- losing to the:

Iggles (yeah, kinda bad because then there would have been the BS "ARod can't win a playoff game" shite, but kinda ok because I was amazed the Pack made the playoffs with all the injuries);
    the Falcons (not too bad for me, we'd have won a playoff game the previous week, I don't hate the Falcons, and we'd have the built-in excuse that ATL almost never loses at home);
    or the Bears (the absolute worse thing, can't stand 'em, and wouldn't be able to stand having to get ripped for the next 40 years of my existence by Bears fans).

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That's kind of an interesting question, APF, which would have stung the most -- losing to the:

Iggles (yeah, kinda bad because then there would have been the BS "ARod can't win a playoff game" shite, but kinda ok because I was amazed the Pack made the playoffs with all the injuries);
    the Falcons (not too bad for me, we'd have won a playoff game the previous week, I don't hate the Falcons, and we'd have the built-in excuse that ATL almost never loses at home);
    or the Bears (the absolute worse thing, can't stand 'em, and wouldn't be able to stand having to get ripped for the next 40 years of my existence by Bears fans).
    It is kind of ironic that because it's the Bears, people and fans (definitely including me) would rather see one fewer playoff victory (i.e. lose to the Falcons) than to see the Packers lose to the Bears...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    It is kind of ironic that because it's the Bears, people and fans (definitely including me) would rather see one fewer playoff victory (i.e. lose to the Falcons) than to see the Packers lose to the Bears...
    I would have rather been dipped naked in hot tar, rolled in shit-covered pigeon feathers and dropped on Peachtree Street during rush hour than have lost to the Falcons.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan View Post
    I would have rather been dipped naked in hot tar, rolled in shit-covered pigeon feathers and dropped on Peachtree Street during rush hour than have lost to the Falcons.
    Okay, okay. Except for you, who has a perfectly legitimate reason living near ATL.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam! View Post
    Michael, I have no idea what your rant is supposed to be a position on. I stated in my post clearly that IMO, M3 has done an outstanding job, whereas you have continually maintained he has not. Recently, you've been generous enough to acknowledge that he's learning and improving, but you also state he's less responsible than the players for the team's success. Funny, you still give him the responsibilty for any failure.

How can we possibly know if M3 is no Walsh? Rodgers no Montana? Are you saying that unless a HC wins 3 SB over an 8 year period, he's no Walsh? Guess what, TT hasn't won any SB either, but we see how great he is at putting together a team. Having said that, did M3 have this depth even last year? Should we blame TT for that? The OL still sucks. TT again?

I love your enthusiasm, mate, but I just don't see where you're coming from sometimes.
    Maybe so, Tar, but you weren't my target - you just struck a train of thought (of mine) as many PR people whined about injuries were putting Packers down this season. I've said BS on the injury card all season. I whined about Stubby; I think we all knew/know that this season is up for grabs and that's a biggie when you're as talented as Packers are. A big whiney choir all together.

I wish I could have stayed online after my post that befuddled you, Tar, and kept my train thought on track. But I'm a one line monster poster here at PR...always somethings draws me away from consecutive long posts....but that's, somehow, a good thing in my life!

BTW: I love your enthusiasm too, mate!
    Last edited by mmmdk; 01-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Well said. I have said all along the players (all the players) will determine the games and coaches can lose them, but rarely win them. If your team relies on one player (other than QB) so much that they can't fade losing him then it isn't that great of a team. Pass rushers are second most important in the equation, so yea, losing Mathews would be huge. Bottom line though, teams win and lose. Fading an injury or 2 is almost a necessity. Fading 6 starters and 10 backups is just silly.

Inigo....I hope we win. - Andre the Giant
    Thank you! I want nothing more than all PRs to feel the joy of beating the Bears tomorrow. East coast next.

Nota bene, bobble, what's with injury thingy here!? We're about to beat the Bears for a super bowl trip'n'win!!!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Most of you will be suprised but I am slightly pulling for the Packers. It really is a no lose situation for me. Personally I want the team to win, because I like the makeup of Packers, If they lose I can see Packer Fan(atics) lose their shit and make complete asses of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Most of you will be suprised but I am slightly pulling for the Packers. It really is a no lose situation for me. Personally I want the team to win, because I like the makeup of Packers, If they lose I can see Packer Fan(atics) lose their shit and make complete asses of themselves.
    Are you still bitter with the organization and fans despite how things have turned out since the split? Even gex and some other big-time Favre ball washers seem to be coming around a bit.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Am I bitter, probably will always be bitter to a certain extent, but I have only wanted the Packers to lose 4 games in my whole life and that was last year and this year against Favre. I currently just care less if the Packers win or lose, and try to watch the game without bias which seems to work out very well for all sports in my life. I love sports but I refuse to allow sports to consume me on an emotional level any more.

All us Favre fans knew it was going to come to an end in most likely a horrible fashion, ala 2010. He shouldn't have come back but he did. He didn't play with the passion game in and game out. I don't think he prepared like he has in the past. The season was poorly handled by the Vikings as a whole. They should have left Favre alone, and Favre should have commited to retirement. He wasn't ready to play, emotionally, mentally, or physically.

I have always liked Aaron Rodgers, he is a stand up guy on the field, and we can only assume he is a decent guy off the field as well. Rodgers has turned himself into a fantastic QB with a lot of hard work, dedication, and mix of talent, I wish him nothing but the best along with the rest of the Packers team.

Mike McCarthy has come a long way as a coach, out of spite I hope he demands the GM job along with his head coaching duties and Thompson gets his ass thrown out of town.

Speaking of Thompson, he is a damn good personel man, he has done a very good job with this roster, dealing with the injuries early in the season and having faith in his roster of young talent. Sammy Shields is all the proof you need to know that Thompson knows what he is doing when evaluating talent, and how that talent translate to the field.

Pshaw. That will happen inside two minutes after kickoff in the Game thread tomorrow.

The Game Day thread is like texting with your 20 of your buddies while skydiving and no one's parachute is working. Occasional remarks about the splendid view surrounded by sheer terror and panic.

More important: is Superfan joining the Wallbanger house hold for festivities tomorrow?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Am I bitter, probably will always be bitter to a certain extent, but I have only wanted the Packers to lose 4 games in my whole life and that was last year and this year against Favre. I currently just care less if the Packers win or lose, and try to watch the game without bias which seems to work out very well for all sports in my life. I love sports but I refuse to allow sports to consume me on an emotional level any more.

All us Favre fans knew it was going to come to an end in most likely a horrible fashion, ala 2010. He shouldn't have come back but he did. He didn't play with the passion game in and game out. I don't think he prepared like he has in the past. The season was poorly handled by the Vikings as a whole. They should have left Favre alone, and Favre should have commited to retirement. He wasn't ready to play, emotionally, mentally, or physically.

I have always liked Aaron Rodgers, he is a stand up guy on the field, and we can only assume he is a decent guy off the field as well. Rodgers has turned himself into a fantastic QB with a lot of hard work, dedication, and mix of talent, I wish him nothing but the best along with the rest of the Packers team.

Mike McCarthy has come a long way as a coach, out of spite I hope he demands the GM job along with his head coaching duties and Thompson gets his ass thrown out of town.

Speaking of Thompson, he is a damn good personel man, he has done a very good job with this roster, dealing with the injuries early in the season and having faith in his roster of young talent. Sammy Shields is all the proof you need to know that Thompson knows what he is doing when evaluating talent, and how that talent translate to the field.
    Alright. Now that it's off your chest, welcome back. Let's go root for the Packers. Maybe you can return to the days when you'd toss something at the big screen.

I've never met Nutz but I just can't believe he's not rooting for the Packers.
    C.H.U.D.

So let me get this straight. You knew all along that Favre would crash and burn and bring a team down with him. You're bitter at TT because he made sure the Packers weren't that team?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen