Thread: The Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What am I missing?
    the clutch game winners....just like crosby. I agree with almost everything you said, but for a guy with a monster leg he has missed nearly every important 4th quarter kick he has had. Made the first one of his career, and has missed countless ones since. I like mason, but I don't want him to be without competition.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    OK, just for fun, here's Mason Crosby's 2010 (regular season) misses: (he was 22 of 28)

First miss: at Chicago, Mason was 1 of 2 - the 'miss' was blocked (Loss)

Two misses at Washington Mason's makes were from 52 and 36; misses were 1) from 48 wide right and 2) off the left upright from 53 yards (on grass) at the end of regulation; Packer lose 16-13 in OT

Missed one of four in 9-0 win at Jets

Missed one of 2 in 45-7 shellacking of Dallas

Missed chip shot in first of three attempts in win over SF

I guess you could say Crosby cost the Packers the Redskins game, or at least could have won it for them

His kicks in the other games didn't decide any outcomes

One recovered onside kicks (at NE) didn't alter outcome.

21.8 average return pretty close to average. Touch backs at all time low of 4 after averaging 14 (Scheme?)

Miskick set up huge return at NE - but would you blame the longest return for a lineman on Crosby's kick?

OK, I'm officially bored now. You probably are too. That wasn't really fun at all.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Miskick set up huge return at NE - but would you blame the longest return for a lineman on Crosby's kick?
    Miskick? I don't think that was a miskick at all. I think it is what they wanted to do with 2 minutes left in the half. Kick it short to a lineman at the 20, 25 yard line and have him mishandle it or fall on it with little or no return. On their previous kickoff they kicked to the 25 and Crumpler returned it 4 yards.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Miskick? I don't think that was a miskick at all. I think it is what they wanted to do with 2 minutes left in the half. Kick it short to a lineman at the 20, 25 yard line and have him mishandle it or fall on it with little or no return. On their previous kickoff they kicked to the 25 and Crumpler returned it 4 yards.

Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be a normal kick off, but I read somewhere that he was supposed to get it farther down the field. Anyway, I don't think the outcome of that kick off was his fault - after all, he was illegally blocked in the back...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck