Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
I have a similar problem. I blame it on my ADHD. The draft allows me to stay busy with something that is at once meaningful and meaningless, important and unimportant, surprising and predictable. I prepare charts that make me feel happy when a knowledgeable guess is confirmed, and then the charts make me feel dumb when I can't get a single pick right in the second half of the first round. I root for the Packers to pick players that probably aren't even on Ted's board. And then, as in the 2009 draft, something amazing happens as in the legendary TT trade up to get Matthews!

My family cannot fathom the bonds that hold me to the draft, and I know many true green and gold smart Packer fans that are content to wait until the 7th round is over before finding out what happened. I admit I have a problem but until my family does an intervention they are stuck with me brooding over my notebooks and websites in the days before the draft, and they are stuck with me treating them like alien invaders to my private world when they need me to leave the television and return to their planet.
I used to love the draft, and I still won't miss it. I make it an event, but they way they lay it out now with only the first round on a Thursday night really wrecks it for me. I could commit a full Saturday to the first 3 rounds of the draft, now Saturday is a throw a way day, one where I will be expected to do work around the house. The NFL really screwed this up.