Thread: Truly Special Teams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Once the injuries settled down, the special teams got better. Perhaps this wasn't all Slocum's fault after all?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Once the injuries settled down, the special teams got better. Perhaps this wasn't all Slocum's fault after all?
    Maybe the injuries were a part of it, but I thought I remember reading something about how the units were constantly changing (meaning they kept changing the players around). I guess towards the middle of the season they finally had some continuity. Although I haven't been overly impressed, I think they've been adequate. I just wish they could find a KR that gets them past the 20.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Maybe the injuries were a part of it, but I thought I remember reading something about how the units were constantly changing (meaning they kept changing the players around). I guess towards the middle of the season they finally had some continuity. Although I haven't been overly impressed, I think they've been adequate. I just wish they could find a KR that gets them past the 20.
    I would pay for adequate. Seriously, if adequate is achieved through some consistent lineups, health and injury luck, then that would be enough.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.