Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Truly Special Teams

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

Truly Special Teams

for all the crap they took this year. its time they get their own attaboy thread.

for all the talk this week about how the bears were going to have the advantage in field position due bears superior special teams. the packers were clearly better in all aspects of special teams yesterday.

masthey 5 punts inside the 20 with a long of 65

Hester with only 13 punt return yards on 3 returns.

Coverage was great. if i remember right there were 2 or 3 downed inside the 10. (the last touchback was a bs call, what do you have to do to reestablish your feet?)

Maynard sucked ass. it looked like he shanked every other punt.

KUDOS Special teams!!
    Last edited by Little Whiskey; 01-24-2011 at 07:30 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Kuddos!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yes. That 65 yard punt was a monster and nicely along the sideline.

How much effect did having Korey Hall have since he was finally active for this game? He was right there on the big punt and forced Hester into someone else's arms if memory serves.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I want all the "FIRE SLOCUM" Rats to repent!
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    I am not willing to bet Slocum comes back, but I would bet Korey Hall does.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not willing to bet Slocum comes back, but I would bet Korey Hall does.
    Is his contract up? If so, maybe but if some team wants to promote Slocum, I'd be ok with that.

NB - It was my subtle "in your face message" to those rubbing my face! Being smarter will never be out of fashion and I swallow camels like frecking Albert Einstein.

Senior Rat HOFer
    No. There's still one more game to be played. He can still fuck up the entire season. Let's not put the cart before the horse...
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Since MM called out Masthay in a press conference around mid-season, Masthay has been extremely good. I hope he is the answer for years to come.

Is his contract up? If so, maybe but if some team wants to promote Slocum, I'd be ok with that.

NB - It was my subtle "in your face message" to those rubbing my face! Being smarter will never be out of fashion and I swallow camels like frecking Albert Einstein.
    Yes, I got the subtext. But I just used to post to jump in again that we may have seen one reason why Korey Hall is considered a special teams ace and kept around despite being the 3rd FB sometimes.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Once the injuries settled down, the special teams got better. Perhaps this wasn't all Slocum's fault after all?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes, I got the subtext. But I just used to post to jump in again that we may have seen one reason why Korey Hall is considered a special teams ace and kept around despite being the 3rd FB sometimes.
    I rarely disagree with you - it's really a comfort around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Once the injuries settled down, the special teams got better. Perhaps this wasn't all Slocum's fault after all?
    Maybe the injuries were a part of it, but I thought I remember reading something about how the units were constantly changing (meaning they kept changing the players around). I guess towards the middle of the season they finally had some continuity. Although I haven't been overly impressed, I think they've been adequate. I just wish they could find a KR that gets them past the 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    masthey 5 punts inside the 20 with a long of 65
    Peter King pointed out today that all of Masthay's punts hit inside the 20. One was the touchback because Bush couldn't re-establish in the field of play, and the others were all returned past the 20. Pretty impressive day.

Tim "Hester-Killer" Masthay
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Maybe the injuries were a part of it, but I thought I remember reading something about how the units were constantly changing (meaning they kept changing the players around). I guess towards the middle of the season they finally had some continuity. Although I haven't been overly impressed, I think they've been adequate. I just wish they could find a KR that gets them past the 20.
    I would pay for adequate. Seriously, if adequate is achieved through some consistent lineups, health and injury luck, then that would be enough.

Unbelievable job by the punt/special teams overall. When you can take away a game changer like Hester you've done a great job.

We actually had two punters playing yesterday.

I wonder how many "former" TT players were on the field yesterday?
    C.H.U.D.

Even the punter that GB cut got his team to the superbowl. Kapinos came up with that huge running into the kicker penalty to extend a late Pittsburgh drive.

how many times did you hear "well the bears only area where they have a HUGE advantage over the packers is on special teams, hester this, blah blah" ??

sooo many times... masthay was lights out. maybe the best packers punting performance ever ?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Even the punter that GB cut got his team to the superbowl. Kapinos came up with that huge running into the kicker penalty to extend a late Pittsburgh drive.
    TT sure knows how to pickem

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Kuddos!

Lemme really fuck this up:

"Cewdohze"
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Our "special" teams went from:

To this: