Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries in game NFCCC?

Injuries in game NFCCC?

Did we come out of the game pretty much unscathed?

Clifton and Rodger's both got their bells rung, but came back. I just saw an interview with Clifton, and I think he had his fingers crossed when he said it was 'just a stinger'. I'm guessing we'll be hearing a lot more about stingers as players are worried about being forced to sit.

Someone mentioned Walden in the game thread. Is he hurt?

edit: damn, can't seem to edit that ridiculous thread title
    Last edited by Guiness; 01-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

rotoworld says that walden suffered an ankle injury and that his status is unclear for the super bowl

Someone at the press conference asked about Rodgers shoulder after his TD dive to the pylon. McCarthy said he was sore like any other QB at this time of year, but didn't directly address the question.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Clifton in his PC said he didn't think he would miss any practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Really? Have his knees suddenly gotten better?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

He said they feel better than they have all year.

I was a little worried about Rodgers after his bootleg TD when he came up looking a little gimpy. But that was nothing compared to what happened to him after the Peppers PF. He looked totally out of whack after that hit. After the two concussions every time he gets contacted I was shocked to see him able to stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Really? Have his knees suddenly gotten better?
    They are probably not practicing until Friday.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I just saw an interview with Clifton, and I think he had his fingers crossed when he said it was 'just a stinger'.
    Well, to my amateur eyes, at the game it was looking like they were checking out arm strength. The exercises they were putting him through had nothing to do with his head and more to do with his arms. If he stretched a nerve in his neck (i.e. stinger), they needed to make sure he didn't lose any strength in his arms.

Well, that's just my two cents.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I really believe that Rodgers was not the same after he had his bell rung. Even after he scored the TD run he looked pretty shaken up. I think he played the way he did after those incidents in part because he was dazed by those hits.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I really believe that Rodgers was not the same after he had his bell rung. Even after he scored the TD run he looked pretty shaken up. I think he played the way he did after those incidents in part because he was dazed by those hits.
    Was just going to post something similar. I really wonder if Rodgers got a concussion on that Pep hit.

MM has acknowledged that Rodgers has a sore shoulder. It likely occurred on that hit he took when he scored on the 1st drive. he was 4-4 for 76 yards up until that point. He was 13-26-168-2 INT the rest of the day.

The hit by Peppers looked pretty intentional. He either thought they wouldn't call the penalty, or he was trying to knock Rodgers out of the game.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You bitches are on the money. ARod was not the same after that cheap shot. Which I think was a torpedo mission by peppers. At that point it was the only way they could win the game. Almost worked. Im just glad he has two weeks to get over it but I'm thinking he did get another one. His eyes seemed a little crazy when he did the post game interview on the field. He looked like he did in the ATL game up until the mob hit job.

he got hit pretty hard on his td but he threw a bunch of good passes after that so i don't think there's a problem there. the replay is on nfl network tomorrow.

Wasn't the hit from Peppers at about the midpoint of the 4th quarter. Going by memory but I think that occurred around the 8:00 mark. Then they had the Jennings pass interference on Driver before punting. Raji had the pick 6 next.

Not saying Rodgers didn't get a concussion, but he was stuggling way before the Peppers' hit.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You could tell that TD run hurt him because he went with the mini belt celebration instead of going all out. Im not going to bitch too much about the playcall since we scored the TD BUT we should have just like Kuhn take it right up the middle.

As for the Peppers hit I don't know how he even got up from that. Both QBs took a beating that game.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    You could tell that TD run hurt him because he went with the mini belt celebration instead of going all out. Im not going to bitch too much about the playcall since we scored the TD BUT we should have just like Kuhn take it right up the middle.

As for the Peppers hit I don't know how he even got up from that. Both QBs took a beating that game.
    I have bitched about M3 running it but that was before Starks started plowing defenders down. Guess I kinda agree but still liked the TD.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    You bitches are on the money. ARod was not the same after that cheap shot. Which I think was a torpedo mission by peppers. At that point it was the only way they could win the game. Almost worked. Im just glad he has two weeks to get over it but I'm thinking he did get another one. His eyes seemed a little crazy when he did the post game interview on the field. He looked like he did in the ATL game up until the mob hit job.
    He had his hat pulled down pretty low in his locker room interview too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Wasn't the hit from Peppers at about the midpoint of the 4th quarter. Going by memory but I think that occurred around the 8:00 mark. Then they had the Jennings pass interference on Driver before punting. Raji had the pick 6 next.

Not saying Rodgers didn't get a concussion, but he was stuggling way before the Peppers' hit.
    Before the Peppers hit, Rodgers was 15/23 had two interceptions and threw one away. Of the other 5 that were incomplete, three came in the Packers second possession of the game. Most of his incompletions were on deep throws. I didn't see him struggle at all.

After the Peppers hit he was 2/7, missing 3 short throws to Quarless, a short one to Crabtree and a midrange throw to Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Before the Peppers hit, Rodgers was 15/23 had two interceptions and threw one away. Of the other 5 that were incomplete, three came in the Packers second possession of the game. Most of his incompletions were on deep throws. I didn't see him struggle at all.

After the Peppers hit he was 2/7, missing 3 short throws to Quarless, a short one to Crabtree and a midrange throw to Driver.
    Thanks Patler.

I think my memory is skewed by the 2 drives prior to the Peppers hit. After the Urlacher INT, the Packers had 2 ineffective drives that were more the result of a couple holding penalties and Jackson's -5 yard run where Urlacher had a free run.
    Go PACK