Thread: Aaron Rodgers, the most complete Packer QB ever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Perception vs. Reality.

Funny how the knock against A-Rod his first two years was that he was not tough enough. Was he injured two years in a row despite minimal playing time? Yeah, he was. So was he tough along and it was unfair criticism or did he become tough?
    I think it was unfair criticism. After all, he broke his foot against NE one year in the third quarter (if I remember correctly) and finished the game on a broken foot. When people were wondering if he was injury-prone, Christl's response was "wait until he's a full-time starter;" the idea being that when his body was used to getting hit several times a day, it would hold up better than when it was getting hit only for only one game in a football year.

As an interesting stat of comparison, in a GB uniform, there were only 6 games that Favre couldn't complete due to injury. In half of them, his backup QB suffered a season-ending injury and finished the year on IR. I don't think that's because they were all injury-prone. More because a backup QB's body isn't used to the grind of getting hit all the time.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I think it was unfair criticism. After all, he broke his foot against NE one year in the third quarter (if I remember correctly) and finished the game on a broken foot. When people were wondering if he was injury-prone, Christl's response was "wait until he's a full-time starter;" the idea being that when his body was used to getting hit several times a day, it would hold up better than when it was getting hit only for only one game in a football year.

As an interesting stat of comparison, in a GB uniform, there were only 6 games that Favre couldn't complete due to injury. In half of them, his backup QB suffered a season-ending injury and finished the year on IR. I don't think that's because they were all injury-prone. More because a backup QB's body isn't used to the grind of getting hit all the time.
    I suspect Favre might not have had his streak intact had because I'd wager he had a concussion or two while he played in GB but the league didn't treat those concussions with caution like they do today.