Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers, the most complete Packer QB ever?

Blog Entries
    Both Favre and Roethlisberger like to fling their dick around and have little regard for women, so they have that in common anyway.

At least Favre asks for permission though.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Both Favre and Roethlisberger like to fling their dick around and have little regard for women, so they have that in common anyway.

At least Favre asks for permission though.
    Ok...explain?
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

I watched a highlight of Favre last year. I remember noting now hard he was to tackle. Very similar game to Big Ben. LB's would bounce off him and DL would miss arm tackles on him. I still think he was a tank.

I don't think Favre had/has a stronger arm than Aaron does now. Seems like an urban legend to me. Don't know how AR could make some of those throws with any more velocity than he does.

The other part of the "streak" is that Favre was scared to take a hit. He'd always throw it away/up for grabs before getting rocked, especially later in his career. Maybe not a bad idea, but it contributed to most of his INTs. Rodgers is too smart for that.

IMO, the Favre vs Rodgers conversation is moot. Favre hasn't done what Rodgers has in a SB/playoffs...

Starr <> Rodgers >>>>>>>> Favre

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I don't think Favre had/has a stronger arm than Aaron does now. Seems like an urban legend to me. Don't know how AR could make some of those throws with any more velocity than he does.

The other part of the "streak" is that Favre was scared to take a hit. He'd always throw it away/up for grabs before getting rocked, especially later in his career. Maybe not a bad idea, but it contributed to most of his INTs. Rodgers is too smart for that.

IMO, the Favre vs Rodgers conversation is moot. Favre hasn't done what Rodgers has in a SB/playoffs...

Yup. Rodgers not having a Super Bowl win was the only thing holding him back. I don't know if he'll ever surpass Starr. Even if Rodgers wins 3 more Super Bowls I think we might just look at those 2 on the same level.

Yeah man I tend to agree. I really have no interest in ever arguing if Rodgers is/was better than #15. For starters, I never got to watch Starr live and second, it just really doesn't matter. If the guy wins multiple rings and does it with class then we'll just say they were the greatest of their respective eras and generations.

All the Favre crew had was AR can't win a big game and then it was AR can't win in the playoffs and then it was Super Bowl. In fact a shitload of rats have spewed that this season, last and even the year before. Won't see them bringing it back up that they doubted his ability to win the big game. Can't tell you how sick of that I was. A bunch of Colin Cowherds acting like they knew it all along now.

5-1 in the playoffs.
    1 SB ring
    1 SB MVP against the best D in the league (so many say but I'd vote different)
    Last edited by mission; 02-08-2011 at 06:13 PM.

I honestly believe the Rodgers is the best PLAYER in the league after watching him this season. I love this guy. I loved Brett and growing up he was always my favortie player and probably will be my all time favortie palyer. But Rodgers is up there I think with the best in history with the way he has played these last three years. I couldn't bring myself to write anything positive until the postseason was over b/c I knew that winning the superbowl is what makes good players great. Rodgers is offically a GREAT player. I hope he continues playing great and we repeat next season! Him and Matthews are my favortie packers right now with Jennings right behind them. My facebook pic is clay and arod with the championship belt and the torphy! I remember the pack during the day and STILL can't believe we won it. Amazing!!!!!!!

Next important thing we need to happen is to get this CBA stuff worked out b/c this team is very capable of repeating!
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Yeah man I tend to agree. I really have no interest in ever arguing if Rodgers is/was better than #15. For starters, I never got to watch Starr live and second, it just really doesn't matter. If the guy wins multiple rings and does it with class then we'll just say they were the greatest of their respective eras and generations.

All the Favre crew had was AR can't win a big game and then it was AR can't win in the playoffs and then it was Super Bowl. In fact a shitload of rats have spewed that this season, last and even the year before. Won't see them bringing it back up that they doubted his ability to win the big game. Can't tell you how sick of that I was. A bunch of Colin Cowherds acting like they knew it all along now.

5-1 in the playoffs.
    1 SB ring
    1 SB MVP against the best D in the league (so many say but I'd vote different)
    Golly I hate that unctuous, oily, self-impressed loathsome jerk. I rarely can listen for more than a few minutes before I have to tune out, but I did hear him list all of the best young QB's--including AR--and then say that Ben Roethlisburger was the guy you would want to build a young winning team around.

Do you suppose he will rethink, recant, or backpedal?

If I had Skinbasket's way with words I would say very bad mean things about Colin Cowherd.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Ok, for me, it breaks down this way :
    1. Starr : 2-0 in Super Bowls + all the championships before the actual invention of the 'Super Bowl'.
    Talk all you wish about the talent of his supporting cast, which varied over the years - but he simply got it done, many times over - never an easy task, ever.
    2. Rodgers : 1-0 Super Bowl record. A plus : Rodgers accomplished his Super Bowl season with a team by no means head & shoulders talent-wise above the competition - and in spite of a ridiculous number of injuries. And the handicap of winning game after game on the road is relevant.
    3. Favre : Super Bowl record - 1-1. In my opinion, Favre's single championship came only when Ron Wolf had assembled a team around him clearly, talent-wise, superior in the NFL. He also failed to win the next year with the same basic talent against a decided underdog.
    In addition, he also had (at least in my opinion) the NFL's most talented team around him last year in Minnesota, and did not bring home the trophy.
    If Rodgers stays healthy, I will perhaps have to really start comparing him to Bart.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Golly I hate that unctuous, oily, self-impressed loathsome jerk. I rarely can listen for more than a few minutes before I have to tune out, but I did hear him list all of the best young QB's--including AR--and then say that Ben Roethlisburger was the guy you would want to build a young winning team around.

If I had Skinbasket's way with words I would say very bad mean things about Colin Cowherd.
    I could not agree with this more. Three weeks ago, he was taking Matt Ryan over Rodgers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post

Very stupid thing to say. You want to build your team around a good QB. Roethlisberger has been a game manager that has pulled some 4th quarter comebacks out of his ass. (I actually only know of Super Bowl XLIII). Every time I watch this guy, he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Ok, for me, it breaks down this way :
    1. Starr : 2-0 in Super Bowls + all the championships before the actual invention of the 'Super Bowl'.
    Talk all you wish about the talent of his supporting cast, which varied over the years - but he simply got it done, many times over - never an easy task, ever.
    2. Rodgers : 1-0 Super Bowl record. A plus : Rodgers accomplished his Super Bowl season with a team by no means head & shoulders talent-wise above the competition - and in spite of a ridiculous number of injuries. And the handicap of winning game after game on the road is relevant.
    3. Favre : Super Bowl record - 1-1. In my opinion, Favre's single championship came only when Ron Wolf had assembled a team around him clearly, talent-wise, superior in the NFL. He also failed to win the next year with the same basic talent against a decided underdog.
    In addition, he also had (at least in my opinion) the NFL's most talented team around him last year in Minnesota, and did not bring home the trophy.
    If Rodgers stays healthy, I will perhaps have to really start comparing him to Bart.
    Interesting stat is that Rodgers in just this postseason, has as many road postseason wins as Favre did his entire career.

Agree with pretty much all of that, especially the bold. Favre threw the ball hard but Rodgers has some Bruce Lee shit going on with his throws. His actual arm wind up and delivery is amazingly fast but what always strikes me is how quickly he can use his whole body to load that arm.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Agree with pretty much all of that, especially the bold. Favre threw the ball hard but Rodgers has some Bruce Lee shit going on with his throws. His actual arm wind up and delivery is amazingly fast but what always strikes me is how quickly he can use his whole body to load that arm.
    Yep, the mechanics are very different. Favre would almost wind up on some of those throws so hard that it added to the effect factor. Rodgers mechanics are so tight and so quick that it allows him to get the ball into tiny windows on a rope; also explains his passing efficiency on the run. Looks effortless, coaching video stuff. He might never have the reputation of having a stronger arm than Favre but that will just be media talk. The dude has a laser!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I could not agree with this more. Three weeks ago, he was taking Matt Ryan over Rodgers.
    Rodgers put Cowherd in his place the other day.

Go PACK

A strong arm + accuracy + GOOD DECISION-MAKING is a hard combo to beat!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Ron Wolf didn't assemble much of a supporting cast around Favre offensively. Jordy Nelson is better than any receiver Favre had in Green Bay during his MVP era...and he's Rodgers' #3/#4 receiver. That offense would've been among the league's worst with any mere mortal under center. Favre MADE receivers like Freeman and Schroeder look like Pro Bowlers...when in fact they would've been no better than #2/#3 receivers elsewhere, which they quickly found out when they left town. I pin the blame for the SB32 loss more on the defense.

That said, I'm damn glad we have Rodgers...who IMO is the 2nd best QB in the league to Brady right now. Manning's lack of mobility is a major hindrance that knocks him down a notch IMO. Brees doesn't have the accuracy Rodgers has. Rodgers will have the Packers knocking on the door every year for the next 8+ years. He's that good.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I don't think ANYONE could have made Schroeder look like a pro bowler...Maybe God, but Jesus would have had trouble with it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Ron Wolf didn't assemble much of a supporting cast around Favre offensively. Jordy Nelson is better than any receiver Favre had in Green Bay during his MVP era...and he's Rodgers' #3/#4 receiver. That offense would've been among the league's worst with any mere mortal under center. Favre MADE receivers like Freeman and Schroeder look like Pro Bowlers...when in fact they would've been no better than #2/#3 receivers elsewhere, which they quickly found out when they left town. I pin the blame for the SB32 loss more on the defense.

That said, I'm damn glad we have Rodgers...who IMO is the 2nd best QB in the league to Brady right now. Manning's lack of mobility is a major hindrance that knocks him down a notch IMO. Brees doesn't have the accuracy Rodgers has. Rodgers will have the Packers knocking on the door every year for the next 8+ years. He's that good.
    Your overall point that Favre did not have great WR's is correct. Ron Wolf has said he wishes he had gotten Favre better receivers. However, Jordy Nelson was not a better receiver than Robert Brooks, and probably not better than Freeman, although time will tell on that one.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Favre was a big time regular season stat collector. Rodgers seems like more of a champion. Montana, Starr, Aikman, Brady. . . He has more of that championship game where Favre has more of that Cutler style with the big numbers while losing big games.

Let's not forget that Favre had some great TEs in Chmura and Jackson. He also had a couple of excellent receiving RBs in Bennett and Levens. Favre had really good talent around him in the 2000s. Driver, Walker, and Jennings were all studs. Ahman Green was one of the best RBs in football. For a couple of years the Packers also had the best or one of the best OLs in the NFL.