Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mraynrand: "I'm retiring"

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Mraynrand: "I'm retiring"

Seriously, it's time to go. With all the recent in-fighting - The anger towards Retailguy, JH, and battles with Bobblehead and the inconsolable Tarlam!, this Packerrats season has just stretched on to long and I'm quite frankly tired. Half of Packerrats is on my ignore list, including me. I've done everything I've set out to do. Multiple incorrect predictions, a string of pointless photoshopped pictures re-posted until they've become annoyances (some just the first time), a collection of dog references and pictures that have become trite, and finally just plain lousy football knowledge and commentary, makes me realize that my time has past. Plus, I have multiple sprained knuckles in my dominant typing hand, blisters on my fingertips. The game just isn't as exciting as it once was. I feel no desire to put in the off season work to prepare for next year. And where is the challenge? No skilled nemesis on FYI, no fun in the Romper Room, no interest in the Garbage can. I feel sort of like a veteran of the Packers - that guy can retire at the pinnacle of his career. Similarly, I can retire having reached the absolute depths of internet blogging depravity - an achievement in it's own right. There are no tears, no looking to the heavens. No unretirement will follow and I won't try to maneuver my way into blogging on a Vikings website. I've run out the string, jeopardized my job, alienated myself from my family with my on-line addiction, and generally created ill-will wherever I go. With a Packer victory and championship, there is really nothing left to live for as a fan, so it's time to put down the playthings of childhood and become a man. There are jobs to be done around the house: A toilet needs unclogging, a picture re-hung, a child deloused. These are the things that will occupy my retirement. I'll miss the camaraderie of Packerrats, the love, the hatred, the little spats over Favre's weasel and Crosby's FG percentage from 53 and 1/2 yards. The amount the defensive backs' head was turned towards the ball - the knife edge between super extra-crispy defensive back stardom and Bushesque derision. The use of -esque. I'll miss that too. It's so Mraynrandesque. There is sadness in my heart as the moment of my leaving approaches. Perhaps one tear - just one - for my home, my friends, at Packerrats? Not a chance.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i think someone needs to take a timeout, i know i'm due too

take some time off, recharge, and be ready to go for next season

this season has been a long emotional ride, i think a lot of people feel a little warn out and need some time away from football talk

Hopefully you get "the itch" around draft time, or whenever the offseason gets interesting again.

I mean, hell... we just won the superbowl, isn't this when everybody should be feeling good?
    </delurk>

Mr. AR: Go unclog the toilet, and then pull a Favre-like unretirement around training camp time. We know the off-season workouts are brutal.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Sounds like Favre!

Good use of "Myrandesque". Joe says I can have your locker.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Damn....there is an ignore function? Nice.
    C.H.U.D.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Bad dog.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Rand, the place will not be the same without battling you. I am chartering a plane in the morning to fly to Ohio so I can beg you to come back for ONE MORE RUN at it. I'm sure if I try I can get 2 more rats to join me, and maybe Joe can drive you around town if necessary. Don't go just yet, there are too many young cocky posters that you need to put in their place still....we need to get revenge on JS for ostracizing us all from their chat room....and don't get me started on the publishers of the JS.

For my part I promise to not make you put in any offseason work. You don't have to post in the TC threads or speculate about our roster. Just show up when we kick off next season on the thursday before other teams kickoff and all will be forgiven. I will also go out and recruit posters who stimulate you more....who complement your unique skillset instead of looking for ones to eventually replace you. I just want you to stay before its too late and you end up posting on packerchatters or some other rival forum.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Pack Fan View Post
    Sounds like Favre!

Winner!

Moving to the Romper Room....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Winner!

Moving to the Romper Room....
    well then, I guess I'm done with this thread as I never look at that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Good use of "Myrandesque". Joe says I can have your locker.
    Actually, I've been offered about $25 bucks for it, if, I have the dog crap cleaned up and have it checked for fleas.

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
    well then, I guess I'm done with this thread as I never look at that.
    Then I guess everyone can talk about you, and you won't notice.

Bobblehead's a homo. Like that fat kid with anger issues on glee.

Done and done.

Next.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

How long before Mraynrand asks for his release from Packerrats so he can switch to Sports Bubbler?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How long before Mraynrand asks for his release from Packerrats so he can switch to Sports Bubbler?
    If I'm successful in trading him, who should we ask for, or would it be better to get the 3rd round pick and see if I can trade down further for depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    If I'm successful in trading him for a 3rd round pick, who should we ask for?
    trey wingnut
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Owner Rat Rookie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    trey wingnut
    I'm unsure I can handle two of him. One is sometimes a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Bobblehead's a homo. Like that fat kid with anger issues on glee.

Done and done.

Next.
    Not sure what sucks more. Glee or the fact that you know enough about it to reference a character. I'm not happy about this at all Skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.