Thread: Does anyone remember the offseason article......

Does anyone remember the offseason article......

about MM encouraging Rodgers to take more chances with the ball and work on fitting the ball into tighter windows?

I looked back through the forum and tried to find it but had no luck. I wanna say it was a JSO article.

I can't get over some of the throws Rodgers made Sunday - the TD to Jennings, the throw down the left seam to Jennings late in the 4th. The margin for error on those throws was literally inches. Amazing.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I can't get over some of the throws Rodgers made Sunday - the TD to Jennings, the throw down the left seam to Jennings late in the 4th. The margin for error on those throws was literally inches. Amazing.
    I've probably seen the replay of the TD over the middle to Jennings 100 times and I still go "whoaa!" in amazement. Every time.

Crazy how he puts it only where his WR can catch it. Such a cliche but he really does it... even that INT that Tillman had against him was a ridiculously good play (by Tillman), I thought AR threw it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    about MM encouraging Rodgers to take more chances with the ball and work on fitting the ball into tighter windows?

I looked back through the forum and tried to find it but had no luck. I wanna say it was a JSO article.

I don't remember the particular article but I do remember the discussion. In the beginning of the season it seemed like A.R. was struggling with recognizing the difference between a tight window and a bad decision and some of those throws were ending up being picks. I thought that he kind of backed off a little and started playing closer to his normal smart, efficient, and safer game and the picks started to go down. Then he gradually started making the tight throws until he just became ridiculous like he was in Atlanta and on Sunday. Man, he's been humming the ball through the eye of a needle at 40 yards! It could have because of timing with his receivers or the type of plays that were being called....maybe he was putting too much pressure on himself......I really don't know but it just seemed like he went through this progression where he was quick to figure some things out and make the necessary changes and then just keep peaking as the season went on. JMO....

You're right...some of those throws he made on Sunday were just incredible. Knowing that almost every ball is going to be right on the money if you get to where you're supposed to be, how could you not love catching balls from this guy if you're a receiver!

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I've probably seen the replay of the TD over the middle to Jennings 100 times and I still go "whoaa!" in amazement. Every time.

Crazy how he puts it only where his WR can catch it. Such a cliche but he really does it... even that INT that Tillman had against him was a ridiculously good play (by Tillman), I thought AR threw it perfectly.
    What INT are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    What INT are you talking about?
    Think he is talking about Tillman's pick in week 17.
    Go PACK

Yup ! Aaron Rodgers has certainly arrived. His accuracy on some of those pass's Suday were amazing to me.

Aaron Rodgers is a seriously competetive, focused and determined individual. He started to be a Super Bowl winning QB when he was just a boy. How many times must he have visualized winning the Lombardi Trophy? I read a very good article on all that he was as a boy, to teen, to college QB that was published last week in the sports section of the Montreal Gazette.

How many more new young Packer fans were developed off that huge Packer accomplishment and who will idolize Aaron Rodgers? He's something else and I just hope he can remain healthy.

GO PACK GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau