Thread: We Expect To Win

Gamblin' Rat

We Expect To Win

Imagine my friends that you are a fan of almost any other team. You hope for a winning season, you hope for a win against a heated rival (if you have one). The playoffs are a worthy goal, win or lose. If your team just so happens to make it to a conference championship game, then all the better. Super Bowl win? - well at least you made it.

Packer fans: Nothing short of an outright Galactic Championship (if it existed) is enough. We dont settle for Division Titles or for Conference Championships. We expect to crush our rivals and to go forward to win it all every single year. All expectations are for every draft pick, every free agent signing, every play call, to get us to the ultimate goal of a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

Oh we fight and we debate and we bicker. So many opinions and positions and advice on how to run and manage this team we love so much. Our lives revolve around the fortunes of this great franchise.

We dont settle for anything less than the attainment of the penultimate goal in our sport. This, my friends is what makes being a Packer fan so special. We know what this team represents in the world of sports. We know our history. We have expectations for the present and the future. We expect to win and win at the highest level.

We are Packer fans. We expect the best.

I remember being in the Metrodome sometime in the 90s and seeing all of the NFC Central Division titles hanging from the ceiling.......

of course, then thinking "What good are all of these if you never win the SB?"

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Imagine my friends that you are a fan of almost any other team. You hope for a winning season, you hope for a win against a heated rival (if you have one). The playoffs are a worthy goal, win or lose. If your team just so happens to make it to a conference championship game, then all the better. Super Bowl win? - well at least you made it.

Packer fans: Nothing short of an outright Galactic Championship (if it existed) is enough. We dont settle for Division Titles or for Conference Championships. We expect to crush our rivals and to go forward to win it all every single year. All expectations are for every draft pick, every free agent signing, every play call, to get us to the ultimate goal of a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

Oh we fight and we debate and we bicker. So many opinions and positions and advice on how to run and manage this team we love so much. Our lives revolve around the fortunes of this great franchise.

We dont settle for anything less than the attainment of the penultimate goal in our sport. This, my friends is what makes being a Packer fan so special. We know what this team represents in the world of sports. We know our history. We have expectations for the present and the future. We expect to win and win at the highest level.

We are Packer fans. We expect the best.
    CONGRATULATIONS Packer fan. That is one of the very best and truest posts I've ever read and felt at Packerrats. A monster post.

GO PACKERS in 2011!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau