Thread: Two more, just two more.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Haha, what a great stat line that would have been! Of course, if the Pack had scored sooner, then there's a good chance that they run a completely different set of plays. Maybe Rodgers has even better numbers than the prediction, but its also likely that they grind out some clock with runs and long drives.
    Exactly right. He did what he did and it was enough. What ifs are for losers, Steelers have plenty of them! They left plenty of plays out on the field as well and only lost by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Exactly right. He did what he did and it was enough. What ifs are for losers, Steelers have plenty of them! They left plenty of plays out on the field as well and only lost by 6.
    Oh, I agree. I pointed this out only to show what a truly stunning performance Rodgers had in the Super Bowl. He had only a couple errant throws, but otherwise was so "on" that he easily could have had a record-worthy game with just standard catches from his receivers. I think it was one of Aikman's comments that Rodgers was a "little off today" compared to his earlier playoff games, which to me seemed an absurd comment based on what Rodgers was doing.

Even some on this board during the game seemed to question if Rodgers' game was MVP-worthy, as if he got it sort of by default. I have read suggestions Nelson or Collins should have gotten it. I didn't think it was close. Rodgers was superb, and played even much better than his stat line indicated, which was very good as it was.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-10-2011 at 06:10 AM.