Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two more, just two more.

Two more, just two more.

Have been watching some replays.

Rodgers was 24/39 for 304 yards, 3 TDs. Rating of 111.48

Nelson's first drop, for which he stretched more than he had to, went between his elbows and hands. He could/should have caught it in stride for a 51 yard TD, or at worst a 35 yard gain, or so.

Jones' drop should have been a 75 yard TD.

Just those two plays, if completed would have given Rodgers:

26 of 39 for about 414, 4 TDs if Nelson went to the ground catching it. Rating of 136.06
    26 of 39 for 429, 5 TDs if Nelson scored. Rating of 143.06.

Two drops on very catchable balls kept Rodgers from a truly monumental performance in his first Super Bowl. The accuracy with which he was throwing was really remarkable.

Rodgers is good.

And the Bert thread is on page 7. Love the new dawn!
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 02-09-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Rodgers is good.

Not with a bang, but with a whimper...
    </delurk>

Haha, what a great stat line that would have been! Of course, if the Pack had scored sooner, then there's a good chance that they run a completely different set of plays. Maybe Rodgers has even better numbers than the prediction, but its also likely that they grind out some clock with runs and long drives.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Haha, what a great stat line that would have been! Of course, if the Pack had scored sooner, then there's a good chance that they run a completely different set of plays. Maybe Rodgers has even better numbers than the prediction, but its also likely that they grind out some clock with runs and long drives.
    Exactly right. He did what he did and it was enough. What ifs are for losers, Steelers have plenty of them! They left plenty of plays out on the field as well and only lost by 6.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    Exactly right. He did what he did and it was enough. What ifs are for losers, Steelers have plenty of them! They left plenty of plays out on the field as well and only lost by 6.
    Oh, I agree. I pointed this out only to show what a truly stunning performance Rodgers had in the Super Bowl. He had only a couple errant throws, but otherwise was so "on" that he easily could have had a record-worthy game with just standard catches from his receivers. I think it was one of Aikman's comments that Rodgers was a "little off today" compared to his earlier playoff games, which to me seemed an absurd comment based on what Rodgers was doing.

Even some on this board during the game seemed to question if Rodgers' game was MVP-worthy, as if he got it sort of by default. I have read suggestions Nelson or Collins should have gotten it. I didn't think it was close. Rodgers was superb, and played even much better than his stat line indicated, which was very good as it was.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-10-2011 at 06:10 AM.

How can this thread not be about TWO MORE SB RINGS in the next 4-5 seasons (as Rodgers pointed out)...is beyond me!? And fire McCarthy if he doesn't deliver...two more SB rings
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    How can this thread not be about TWO MORE SB RINGS in the next 4-5 seasons (as Rodgers pointed out)...is beyond me!? And fire McCarthy if he doesn't deliver...two more SB rings
    If that was the intended subject, the title wouldn't be "Two more, just two more."
    It would be "Two more, at least two more!"

Blog Entries
    Two more iin a row would be the organizational three-peat of three-peats.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Two more iin a row would be the organizational three-peat of three-peats.
    Hmmm....if a three-peat requires three things consecutively, wouldn't a three-peat of three-peats require three consecutive three-peats, or 9 in a row? Or does the lack of a three-peat by any other team between the Packer's three-peats mean they are consecutive three-peats, because the accomplishment was interrupted by no other three-peats?

I think my head hurts!

I'm willing to settle for nine in a row.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Aw come on, shoot a little higher! Don't "settle"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    You're a real negative Nancy lately.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Have been watching some replays.

Rodgers was 24/39 for 304 yards, 3 TDs. Rating of 111.48

Nelson's first drop, for which he stretched more than he had to, went between his elbows and hands. He could/should have caught it in stride for a 51 yard TD, or at worst a 35 yard gain, or so.

Jones' drop should have been a 75 yard TD.

Just those two plays, if completed would have given Rodgers:

26 of 39 for about 414, 4 TDs if Nelson went to the ground catching it. Rating of 136.06
    26 of 39 for 429, 5 TDs if Nelson scored. Rating of 143.06.

Two drops on very catchable balls kept Rodgers from a truly monumental performance in his first Super Bowl. The accuracy with which he was throwing was really remarkable.
    Here you have the goal for next year...

Howard, you're just trying to torture Fritz with that, aren't you?
    Last edited by MJZiggy; 02-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the worst thread you have ever made. Of Shamrock quality it is. He won the game when it counted. That's what I use to bitch about and that is what he did on Sunday when it counted more then ever. The guy has a lifetime Golden ticket with me from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Rodgers is good.

Must.......not.......bump.........Bert............ .......................

Be strong Scott. Be strong. Think of the children.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Hmmm....if a three-peat requires three things consecutively, wouldn't a three-peat of three-peats require three consecutive three-peats, or 9 in a row? Or does the lack of a three-peat by any other team between the Packer's three-peats mean they are consecutive three-peats, because the accomplishment was interrupted by no other three-peats?

I think my head hurts!

Hey! This is good. Even you Patler. Giddy or on the verge of that emotion. It's all good.

"Hmmm....if a three-peat requires three things consecutively, wouldn't a three-peat of three-peats require three consecutive three-peats, or 9 in a row?" Patler

Correct.

"Or does the lack of a three-peat by any other team between the Packer's three-peats mean they are consecutive three-peats, because the accomplishment was interrupted by no other three-peats?" Patler

That scenario would describe not consecutive three-peats, rather, one three-peat.

... but let's get a little foolish and enter the realm of lofty thinking.

Maybe we support our team to a two-peat and then swing for one and hit it out of the yard ... a three-peat looks a tad optimistic to me. Then I can always recall VegasPackFan's awesome post of a couple of days ago where he describes what it means to be a Pacxker fan here and overall what that experience entails, or should entail fron any Packer fan. So sure. Let's hope for, cheer for and meditate on the very real possibility that our team will 'in fact' repeat.

On the what if's, or subject matter of Aaron Rodgers and his QB Rating and drops by Nelson and Jones. It is what it is.

What I liked was the way Aaron Rodgers buckled in on himself and improved his individual performance. He did miss on some pass's before that and corrected and was our leader in getting us this huge accomplishment. Our team is the current Super Bowl Champion. I'm so proud of that. I thank Aaron Rodgers and all the Packer players. I thank Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff.

An amazing effort for the Green Bay Packer Organization.

GO Pack GO in 2011.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Now I have a headache.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings