Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft thread

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar

Mock Draft thread

Normally we are waiting forever for the college all-star games but when your season lasts an extra month, you have plenty of other football to talk about! We're just a few weeks away from the combine now. Winning the superbowl rules!

Anyways, lets see your draft/offseason wishlists! I'll go first:

1.32)

Benjamin Ijalana, T/G, Villanova
    6'4" 320 lbs

Ijalana was a dominant LT at the FCS level and will at least get a chance to show that he can do it in the NFL. Ijalana is a little short for a tackle but has the length and athleticism to play the position. I envision Ijalana seeing playing time at LG this year before being tried at LT when Clifton hangs it up.

2.32)

Dontay Moch, DE/LB, Nevada
    6'1" 230 lbs

Elite first step. And second step. And third step. Best case scenario Dontay is a special player that can blow past offensive tackles and run with elite tight ends. Having him on the field will make it difficult to turn the corner on this defense. In his first year he should add speed to an already speedy defense and provide a great athlete and playmaker for special teams.

3.32)

Nate Irving, LB, NC State
    6'1" 240 lbs

FATALITY

Desmond Bishop is in, Barnett or Hawk is likely out. Either way some inside linebacker depth is needed. Irving is a nasty defender who excels doing the dirty work but is also underrated in coverage. He's got a knack for interior blitzes and brings a nasty attitude our defense is missing without Barnett.

4.32)
    Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
    6'0" 195 lbs

A modern day Herb Adderley. This former RB has only been a corner for two seasons but is already a speedy ballhawk. With the gains Shields made this year, Curtis Marsh is a no brainer for our club.

5.32)
    Dwayne Harris, WR, East Carolina
    5'10" 205 lbs

A polished slot WR and capable kick returner. Looks and plays like Devon Bess. Harris will return kicks and slowly become part of the offense as DD is phased out.

5.C) (from Aaron Kampman)
    Willie Smith, T, East Carolina
    6'5" 305 lbs

Another East Carolina guy but this is a pick I'm excited about. Smith is a gifted athlete in all aspects of his game. With some NFL coaching I wouldn't be surprised if he could take over for Clifton in a year.

6.32)

Markus White, DE/OLB, FSU
    6'4" 262 lbs

White will be 24 by draft time but just had a breakout year. He's got speed to threaten the edge and a non-stop motor. I expect him to show some impressive measureables at the combine. White could find himself a regular in our 2-4 opposite Clay Mathews.

7.1)(from Carolina)
    Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State
    5'11" 195 lbs

Another typical TT cornerback. Has size, speed, and some ball skills. Seems to have goofy footwork sometimes but he is physical in the run game and should contribute on special teams.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Too early for me.

LOVE this stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    He's got a knack for interior blitzes and brings a nasty attitude our defense is missing without Barnett.
    The only thing nasty about Barnett was the terrible angles he would take against the run.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I like Moch, he's the player I most want to see run at the combine. Not sure if he's ready to start right away.

Another OLB guy I like is Brooks Reed out of Arizona, he's a bit of a poor man's Clay Matthews.
    </delurk>

Way too early to predict, but no reason not to.

I'm wishing for Gabe Carimi or John Moffitt.
    Casey Matthews or Jacquizz Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    The only thing nasty about Barnett was the terrible angles he would take against the run.
    Barnett's an asshole on a team of nice upstanding gentleman. Irving also stikes me as a dickhead. He'll cock off before games and drink people's blood and stuff. Just look at that suplex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    I like Moch, he's the player I most want to see run at the combine. Not sure if he's ready to start right away.

Another OLB guy I like is Brooks Reed out of Arizona, he's a bit of a poor man's Clay Matthews.
    Brooks Reed really separated himself at the senior bowl. The guy never gives up on a play a la Clay but Isn't half the athlete.

Brooks Reed really separated himself at the senior bowl. The guy never gives up on a play a la Clay but Isn't half the athlete.
    Well, that's why he's a "poor man's" Matthews and a second day pick at best. Remember, we're trying to upgrade from Frank Zombo, the bar isn't set especially high.
    </delurk>

Well, that's why he's a "poor man's" Matthews and a second day pick at best. Remember, we're trying to upgrade from Frank Zombo, the bar isn't set especially high.
    From Zombo or from Jones? Unless I'm off the mark, I would expect Jones to resume his spot in the starting lineup barring a drafted player taking over.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    From Zombo or from Jones? Unless I'm off the mark, I would expect Jones to resume his spot in the starting lineup barring a drafted player taking over.
    I'm all in favor of just throwing things at the ROLB position until we find someone who sticks.
    </delurk>

Barnett's an asshole on a team of nice upstanding gentleman. Irving also stikes me as a dickhead. He'll cock off before games and drink people's blood and stuff. Just look at that suplex.
    Barnett thinks he's an asshole and a tough guy. In reality, he's just a dork.

I believe this other guy might have real fire in him. A little Wayne Simmons. All Barnett's got is a little Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Barnett thinks he's an asshole and a tough guy. In reality, he's just a dork.

I believe this other guy might have real fire in him. A little Wayne Simmons. All Barnett's got is a little Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
    You're really not going to miss him when he's gone are you?

If Reed's got some rocket boots at the combine and does really well on the jumping or the 10 yard dash then I'll be on board with him. You gotta love his look though. I'm not sure he's the best pass rusher on his own team. Elmore has some moves as well. What made Clay such a steal is that he was miscast in USC's 4-3 as a SOLB who had some rush responsibilities. The guy that kind of fits that bill this year is Illinois MLB Martez Wilson. They've moved him around and let him get after it and supposedly he's good at it. I've never seen any of him for myself though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OS PA View Post
    Way too early to predict, but no reason not to.

I'm wishing for Gabe Carimi or John Moffitt.
    Casey Matthews or Jacquizz Rogers.
    I think we might have a shot at Carimi in round one and Moffit in round two. Then Matthews in round 3. Repeat !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Who cares about the draft when we wont even have football next season.

Normally I'm getting into the draft fairly heavy by now. The way this season went and ended. . . . I'm not as interested as usual. Plus it's supposed to be a very shallow draft and we don't pick until 32.

Next year I have a feeling we'll get alot more help from returning injured players than we do draft picks. Plus we have a ton of young players who are still improving in their careers. We should have a lot of growth from within this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Normally I'm getting into the draft fairly heavy by now. The way this season went and ended. . . . I'm not as interested as usual. Plus it's supposed to be a very shallow draft and we don't pick until 32.

Next year I have a feeling we'll get alot more help from returning injured players than we do draft picks. Plus we have a ton of young players who are still improving in their careers. We should have a lot of growth from within this year.
    Hey we get the first pick in EVERY round! (Except the first one)
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Hey we get the first pick in EVERY round! (Except the first one)
    Well, we have the first pick in the second and third rounds, compensatory picks kind of confuse the issue after that.
    </delurk>

Changed my facebook status tp NFL draft season Monday night...love it!
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh