The deal breaker here is that, bottom line, the players themselves are employees. Since when do employees have the right to dictate how much their Employer makies? They don't. Their employer pays players very well for what is what, an average life expectancy in the nfl of 8 seasons?

I mean, you get retirement money, help with some of the medical costs - oh and you make MILLIONS when you do play, usually far more money than the rest of the world is going to make in their lifetimes. Not only that, smart people reinvest a lot of their money and own a couple successful restaurants or whatever so they have continual income after they retire.

So, why do the players even have a say? Because it's an allowed Monopoly? They can ask for more of the pie all they want, but the owners own the team because it makes them money. A lot of money. If they weren't making a lot of money, why would they bother to keep the team?

Yes, Owners may make like 100+ million dollars in profit a year. What's the problem? The players aren't exactly poor. Even the bottom feeders on the roster nad practice squade are making what some DOCTORS make, and last I checked Doctors are considered a upper echelon income source in most communities.

What this is like is Microsoft staff revolting against Bill Gates because he makes a shit ton more money thatn they do. Guess what, he should. It's HIS business, not THERES. If players wnat to complain about money and getting paid more, they can go sit out. There are thousands of people who will step in and play in the nfl for 100k a year with full medical coverage. Players make millions, and then if they become stars even more from investors and companies like gatorade and nike.

The salary cap goes up every year, even if the income may not be rising. So, more money continually was going to payroll. What's the real issue in the end? Owners are going to make a lot of money. That is why they are the owners. Players ALREADY make a lo tof money. "they profit too much off our work". BS. You're paid very well so they can in turn make money from THEIR business. Your an employee - deal with it.

No idea how AP can bitch at all. He should be making a lot of money. I don't get how any of the star players complain.