Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: bitches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

bitches

We might get a new dog. What dogs do you bitches have?

We had a whippet before, but she freaked out when we had our second kid. Couldn't handle the drop in attention and I never really bonded with the little fucker, so she would mope around the house until my wife would come home, then go bonkers. Nice dog outside of the mental fragility.

I wanted a deerhound, but the house we ended up with doesn't have enough outdoor space to support such a beast and some of them have a tendency to want to eat cats, which my wife and I wouldn't mind, but our kid might be sad.

So now were considering a doberman, which are the dogs I grew up with as a kid, and a couple of other homo short haired shepard breeds my wife has found.

So share your impressions of your stupid dogs so that I might be impressed.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I have had many dogs in the past....my favorite was a huge Lab named Bufford....Kodiak was his kind of place and he needed room to roam. Super sweet and would never hurt a soul....loved to swim in the ocean for the fowl I shot. The other was a weird mutt blend of ridgeback and chow my brother found...sweet dog that loved to roam and adventure..only barked at bears.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There's only one type of dog you should get - especially with kids. You just have to decide: Black, Yellow or Chocolate. But I'm not a racist; I love beagles too. Jack Russell terriers are a lot of fun for older kids who don't pull on tails. I also love dachshunds, but they are pretty high strung and yappy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rescue a dog. Mutts are healthier. Shop the shelters until you find one with a decent temperament.

That's how we got Sweet Baby Lame:

[QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Rescue a dog.
    Two votes. You can even rescue a purebred if you would like to:

http://www.hmdd.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Two votes. You can even rescue a purebred if you would like to:

http://www.hmdd.org/index.html
    Make that three. I have a crazy german shepherd mix (never again) who whines at everything but is a great guard dog somehow and the sweetest blue-eyed sheltie/aussie/border collie mix ever. The sheltie sheds less than you'd expect. The shepherd more.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Rescue a dog. Mutts are healthier. Shop the shelters until you find one with a decent temperament.
    I have an affinity for mutts. There's even one I found rather attractive. But with two young kids, I'm not trusting a dog that has an unknown history. As far as I'm concerned, you never know what's been done to that dog by who and you'll never know what might trigger something until you've triggered it. My dad tried to "rescue" some fucking spaniel when we were kids. Apparently it had some dementia that made it go fucking bonkers if you did one of two or three things just such a way. Even after I had to punt it across the basement after it came at me, they kept it until it bit my sister's hand. So, I'm not quite fond of the idea.

I would have considered an Aussie Shepard if their hair wasn't so long. I really like the Presa Canario too, but they're kind of expensive and can be a pain in the ass. I'm also against the slobber jowls bring.

Right now we're focused on Doberman pups with an outside chance at a whippet.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Right now we're focused on Doberman pups with an outside chance at a whippet.
    Go with the dobermans. Very trainable. And if someone tries to clone Hitler, they'll shut that down real fast:

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Look at that face.....

Go wolf hybrid if they are legal in your State.....they will raise your kids for you if needed and the howling is badass.
    C.H.U.D.

Looks like the cane corso is probably the winner, due to it's loyalty and disposition toward children.

Looks like the cane corso is probably the winner, due to it's loyalty and disposition toward children.
    There is a difference between "the cane corso has an easy disposition toward children" and "children are easily digested by the cane corso".
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

As long as it eats the annoying kids first.

We had a Border Collie bitch. Smartest dog I've ever seen. Loved people, children especially. Hated other dogs utterly. She thought she was human, I'm certain. Problem is, they need to be occupied otherwise they go nuts.

A Cane Corso? What planet is that breed from?
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think Skin is trying to compensate for something

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think Skin is trying to compensate for something
    I miss my fat friend so now I need a fat dog.

The corso is from planet Italy. It is impervious to pain except for the ears, which used to make it a fine war dog, but now makes invisible fences useless against them - they just walk through them. So we're going to crop the ears, making it a lovely brindle battle tank. Compared to other breeds, it needs less exercise, but fortunately we have a fenced yard now, a few fenced dog parks within minutes and a treadmill that no one else uses. I also plan on teaching it how to use the weight machine to improve it's pecs by fashioning a harness to the lower pulley. I'm hoping it inspires me to think about working out again.

It develops a very strong affection for it's family and is protective of children, but as long as we keep it testing it's socialization on the neighbors, it should be fine.

I just reserved the second pick female of Massara's Riddick of Cornerstone x S Amos C Stone's Mischa. There's a black, a black brindle, and a regular brindle.

My sister has a lab. I would not hesitate to accidentally shoot it if she wouldn't throw a fucking fit about the dumb beast. Sorry rand.

My sister has a lab. I would not hesitate to accidentally shoot it if she wouldn't throw a fucking fit about the dumb beast. Sorry rand.
    ARRRooooooooooow!